Moving to Delhi, India - thoughts/experiences?

gksingh

Established Member
LOL. I had a begger in Hydrabad hang on the side of my car after we pulled off from a stop. He stayed on the side of the car (hanging from the roof) at about 45 mph for like a half a mile. He final fell off. The driver was like nothing had happened. Ah good times.

Bahahahahah Samething happened to me in Dehli but I just opened the Window and Hit the guy a couple times lol.

gksingh

Established Member
Seems legit, not too bad.

[youtube_browser]yP3EbqRQChc[/youtube_browser]
Bahahahahahaah yep those are the Southern Indians. Completely Different group of people

Come up to the North Punjab and this is what we are about....
[youtube_browser]BkRZpGOfNuU[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]Hlh7_Mp3PXg[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
I cant believe you guys are posting what FOBs you are located at on an open forum. OPSEC?

I have held a TS/SCI with polygraph for 7 years, and I never went through any brief that said the name of my FOB is OPSEC. If I were posting geo lat/long coordinates, and my home address and APO address for the anthrax mail, sure, I'd agree with you. Hell I can see the name FOB Salerno on the MapMyRun app on my iphone and see a Google Earth Sat image of the entire base and airfield. Trust me, they know we are here. Knowing the name of our base isn't going to change a thing. Except maybe they will write "greetings FOB Salerno" on the next mortar they lob at us. That's assuming one of us in here lives in Khost and drives a Mustang.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I cant believe you guys are posting what FOBs you are located at on an open forum. OPSEC?
seriously dude? maybe what you should do is actually learn what OPSEC is and how to apply it. Once it is posted in the paper, including the army times, navy stimes and stars and stripes where something is, is no longer OPSEC.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I have held a TS/SCI with polygraph for 7 years, and I never went through any brief that said the name of my FOB is OPSEC. If I were posting geo lat/long coordinates, and my home address and APO address for the anthrax mail, sure, I'd agree with you. Hell I can see the name FOB Salerno on the MapMyRun app on my iphone and see a Google Earth Sat image of the entire base and airfield. Trust me, they know we are here. Knowing the name of our base isn't going to change a thing. Except maybe they will write "greetings FOB Salerno" on the next mortar they lob at us. That's assuming one of us in here lives in Khost and drives a Mustang.

LOL don't bet the farm that there isn't one! I have a picture of a Mustang on a base in Iraq somewhere. it was sent to me by a friend and IIRC is was down in baghdad somewhwere.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Found this one

RyanIraqStang.jpg

Machdup1

Established Member
The house is on what the company calls a "safe zone". Not sure what that means.

It means that you will likely go through bomb checks and security to get past the gate into the community. Terrorism and crime are very real in India. Since you have served in hot zones, it shouldn't be much of a surprise, but it will be to your family.

Of course, if it is like most Indian "safe" zones it means that they watch the front gate but the rest of the wall is unguarded. Then again, a terrorist could easily bribe the guy at the front gate to let him in if he was too lazy to climb the wall. Corruption is also prevalent in India.

Lol, now that had to be a funny but crazy experience.

You will have multiple crazy stories from every day you live in India. If the world has an asshole it is clearly India.

You should definitely make the move for the life experience, but make sure you have a plan to leave when the time comes.

I can tell you from experience that the fun will wear off after awhile and you will be ready go. Don't put yourself in a condition where you don't have enough money to get back to the US. You probably won't want to live there the rest of your life. After a year or two, you might find you are ready for normality.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
yeah, all those villages without power probably have people lined up to kill RDJ because of what he posts, even the Taliban think he is an asshole, LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:

chrisheltra

Established Member

A TS/SCI isnt a huge accomplishment that Id be flaunting around either. I have a CWP does that make me a weapons expert?

Name, place, time, location = OPSEC

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
A TS/SCI isnt a huge accomplishment that Id be flaunting around either. I have a CWP does that make me a weapons expert?

Name, place, time, location = OPSEC

You are right, it ISN'T a huge accomplishment. All I had to do to get it was stay out of trouble get assigned to HMX-1 during my military time. What it means, is I've obviously gone through all kinds of security briefs, OPSEC briefs, etc, at the Presidential Helicopter Squadron and I THINK I'm qualified to know what falls under OPSEC.

Name, you don't know my name.

Place, ok, FOB Salerno.

Time, I am not disclosing time of missions, movements, or anything pertinent.

Location, same as place.

This is about a different topic, not what you think is an OPSEC violation.

Last edited:

strict9

Established Member
OP, like said before find some ex-pats that live there or around there. As far as FOB Salerno...that place sucked in 04/05 and as far as food goes, Chapman has the best food in Afg.

Users who are viewing this thread