Moving to Delhi, India - thoughts/experiences?

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
OP, like said before find some ex-pats that live there or around there. As far as FOB Salerno...that place sucked in 04/05 and as far as food goes, Chapman has the best food in Afg.

Ah man don't even get me started on food tonight. I think I'd have rather eaten a 4 fingers of death MRE(hot dogs) for dinner tonight. :cuss:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
A TS/SCI isnt a huge accomplishment that Id be flaunting around either. I have a CWP does that make me a weapons expert?

Name, place, time, location = OPSEC

you still don't get what OPSEC is. form the way you post about it I doubt you ever will.

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
"Hey guys, I'm moving to Delhi, any advice?"

"If the world had an asshole, it would be India."

LOL. Great thread. 10/10, will read again.

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
I am surprised their rape rate is so low compared to ours with all the hoopla about it in recent posts. Even SVTP ignorance has its limits, we just don't know what it is yet.

I would say that there are probably a lot more undocumented cases over there than here but there is a pretty big difference between 27 and 1.7.

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
My sisters spent a few combined months in India over a 3-4 trips. If you have any specific questions, you can PM me them and I will forward them to her. Let me know.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Laugh all you want but I wont be posting my location over here for my safety and my units safety.
no body gives a ****. I guarantee you that your units movement hit the papers before you hit the tarmac. I see it all the time in Stars and Strips, Washington post and other smaller newspapers "Local unit heading to Afghanstan in April" "april 25th departure of the whatever airborne unit draw closer" that kind of shit. this is not OPSEC the taliban already know your unit designation, troop strength, and where the **** you are located.

this does NOT mean that you should confirm all that for them. but the fact that there are u.s. troops on a fob called fenty is well known to everybody. including the taliban.

look around your FOB tomorrow. you will see afgans all over the ****ing place and if you think they don't know what base they are on, or if you think they are all Pro U.S. , and none of them are taliban sympathizers, you probably should have a mental evaluation done, because you are certifiably crazy.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Well this thread is derailed and I have no advice for you but it does sound like an interesting adventure.

Stormsigma

Went from 6.0 to 5.0!
Established Member
no body gives a ****. I guarantee you that your units movement hit the papers before you hit the tarmac. I see it all the time in Stars and Strips, Washington post and other smaller newspapers "Local unit heading to Afghanstan in April" "april 25th departure of the whatever airborne unit draw closer" that kind of shit. this is not OPSEC the taliban already know your unit designation, troop strength, and where the **** you are located.

this does NOT mean that you should confirm all that for them. but the fact that there are u.s. troops on a fob called fenty is well known to everybody. including the taliban.

look around your FOB tomorrow. you will see afgans all over the ****ing place and if you think they don't know what base they are on, or if you think they are all Pro U.S. , and none of them are taliban sympathizers, you probably should have a mental evaluation done, because you are certifiably crazy.

Captain OPSEC just got served. :bowdown:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I would say that there are probably a lot more undocumented cases over there than here but there is a pretty big difference between 27 and 1.7.

I agree but if someone says India is bad because of their high rape incidents, ya outta show some empirical evidence.

LOL, Pakistan shows "0 %" reported rapes.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
if you think they don't know what base they are on, or if you think they are all Pro U.S. , and none of them are taliban sympathizers, you probably should have a mental evaluation done, because you are certifiably crazy.

LOL,
My new assignment will test that to the limits.

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
[youtube_browser]BkRZpGOfNuU[/youtube_browser]

That's a cool tune & video was interesting....
Added this tune to my "World" music playlist....

Ahhh.... the memories of when I visited that part of the world when it was "Bombay" [Mumbai] 17 years ago- I wonder how much has changed since then.....

Last edited:

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Watch out for Dhalsim.

450px-Dhalsim_cosplayer_at_FanimeCon_2010-05-30_4.JPG

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
It's a 3rd world country, no way I'd ever move there. All the horror stories you hear about rape and poverty are true. Why not move back to the CONUS to be with your family when your current contract is up? They need you more than they need the nice paycheck you're getting. Frequent trips back home aren't good enough or fair to them.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
It's a 3rd world country, no way I'd ever move there. All the horror stories you hear about rape and poverty are true. Why not move back to the CONUS to be with your family when your current contract is up? They need you more than they need the nice paycheck you're getting. Frequent trips back home aren't good enough or fair to them.

you don't know his circumstances, nor anything else about him noob. so your comments are worthless. and how do you know that ALL the rape and horror stories are true? have you ever been there?

Users who are viewing this thread