MT-82 still lives 9.47@147

4VFTW

Established Member
There you go, let the hate flow through you.

Damn good run OP! That's hauling the mail for sure!

-Thomas

Clearly I'm seething, all that venom in my words...

Funny thing is even the OP is surprised he hasn't left his tranny on the track...hence the thread title. You don't see anyone needing to create "6r80 still alive "threads

Last edited:

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member

Funny thing is even the OP is surprised he hasn't left his tranny on the track...hence the thread title. You don't see anyone needing to create "6r80 still alive "threads

He's being facetious because of all the smartasses saying they're junk. You're living in 1960 if you still think there's no replacement for displacement.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor

Your must be smart if you don't get the meaning of his thread title... He's making fun of you!

He's being facetious because of all the smartasses saying they're junk. You're living in 1960 if you still think there's no replacement for displacement.

Some people just don't get it do they?

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Looks like something let go around the 1000' mark. Good pass for sure. Details on transmission? Surely it's not stock

qcksnake

Established Member
I was kind of making fun of the haters :)

I expect the trans to go 8s and if you research my post from back when the car ran mid 10s i said it would be a bad piece. Its similar to the supra trans (very) and i can take any stock getrag out of any 11 up car that isnt broke and make a mid 9 second pass. I made 4 last night and 3 last weekend.

I am not exacty new to running well with manuals and I would take this tranny over the T56 any day of week :fm:

The trans has same hard parts that came in it from dearborn off the assembly line. I upgraded the fork pads to brass pieces that doesnt make it any stronger and honestly doenst make it shift any better, its just better for longjevity than the plastic ones and I race a lot so i need them.

Car is a TT car and was on 14 pounds last night. I had issues with boost controller and it wouldnt run 2nd stage. Standby though when it does it will go much faster.

I built motor/did cage, etc. It has 03 cobra rods, manley pistons,I ported heads otherwise mostly stock

Suspension is a upper mount i made custom (look me up on photobucket theres pics somewhere)before there was anything available for these cars.
It has strange single adj shocks
TRZ antirollbar
lower relocation brackets and solid arms(some cheap stuff).

Nothings wrong with it I blew a fuse on vacuum pump. I refuse run catch cans like most do and run a taurus electric pump.

THANKS FOR ALL COMMENTS I AM VERY HAPPY WITH CAR

Last edited:

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
but but but ....auto?!??!

lol
congrats OP that's moving out on a tranny made from fiber optic glass

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
awesome pass for sure , but just because yours has survived doesnt mean the unit is without its problems. I ran a T-5 behind a 10.50 408w , that didnt make it a "world class" tranny...it made me lucky.

nope still no replacement for displacement and never will be

wwwwhhheeeeeeeeewwww wwwhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww
AUTO POLICE......

poof100

Established Member
I was kind of making fun of the haters :)

I expect the trans to go 8s and if you research my post from back when the car ran mid 10s i said it would be a bad piece. Its similar to the supra trans (very) and i can take any stock getrag out of any 11 up car that isnt broke and make a mid 9 second pass. I made 4 last night and 3 last weekend.

I am not exacty new to running well with manuals and I would take this tranny over the T56 any day of week :fm:

The trans has same hard parts that came in it from dearborn off the assembly line. I upgraded the fork pads to brass pieces that doesnt make it any stronger and honestly doenst make it shift any better, its just better for longjevity than the plastic ones and I race a lot so i need them.

Car is a TT car and was on 14 pounds last night. I had issues with boost controller and it wouldnt run 2nd stage. Standby though when it does it will go much faster.

I built motor/did cage, etc. It has 03 cobra rods, manley pistons,I ported heads otherwise mostly stock

Suspension is a upper mount i made custom (look me up on photobucket theres pics somewhere)before there was anything available for these cars.
It has strange single adj shocks
TRZ antirollbar
lower relocation brackets and solid arms(some cheap stuff).

Nothings wrong with it I blew a fuse on vacuum pump. I refuse run catch cans like most do and run a taurus electric pump.

THANKS FOR ALL COMMENTS I AM VERY HAPPY WITH CAR

Awesome man, thanks for the details, that car is definitely moving out! Curious though as why you don't like the T56? The Magnum is working for us for now, just need to upgrade the shocks/struts to get the car to 60' better.

What controller are you running? Are you doing boost by gear/ramp or straight 14psi in each gear?

Congrats again, love seeing the Stick turbo go 9s! :rockon:

4VFTW

Established Member
have the laws of physics changed since the 1960? you can add all the turbos and technology in the world on top of your motor , but all things being equal he who has the greatest displacement makes the most power.

Your must be smart if you don't get the meaning of his thread title... He's making fun of you!

Some people just don't get it do they?
you MT82 guys just start sounding like 9/11 truthers at some point..."theres nothing wrong with the MT82 , all you have to do is replace the shifter,replace the clutch/press plate ,the clutch hose, change the fluid out,remove a spring...:rolleyes:

Nice pass. Good to know at least one well-built MT-82 made it out of China!

Mine is going in the recycle bin next week.
there was nothing wrong with your tranny bro ...you just couldn't handle such a complex piece of well engineered/manufactured awesomeness :rolleyes:

Last edited:

qcksnake

Established Member
Awesome man, thanks for the details, that car is definitely moving out! Curious though as why you don't like the T56? The Magnum is working for us for now, just need to upgrade the shocks/struts to get the car to 60' better.

What controller are you running? Are you doing boost by gear/ramp or straight 14psi in each gear?

Congrats again, love seeing the Stick turbo go 9s! :rockon:

thanks, Theres nothing wrong with the T-56, but i remember breaking input shafts, busting main clusters, etc etc, so for stock to stock comparsion id take the MT-82 over my t56 03cobra any day. No doubt the magnum is working, but its not $$$(what is ) and the way i look at it if it aint broke dont fix it.

I was using an AMS 500, its coming out of the car and im looking into a 1000 or 2000. It was setup to launch on 14 and go to 21 on a delay ramp when i left first gear. Never worked though, it just ran straight 14, mostly because the gates in the shifter are so close everytime i engaged reverse i bumped the switch out of alignment.

KalEl370

Established Member
awesome pass for sure , but just because yours has survived doesnt mean the unit is without its problems. I ran a T-5 behind a 10.50 408w , that didnt make it a "world class" tranny...it made me lucky.

nope still no replacement for displacement and never will be
Debbie+Downer.jpg

Nice job! That car moves out!

S197 KID

Established Member
have the laws of physics changed since the 1960? you can add all the turbos and technology in the world on top of your motor , but all things being equal he who has the greatest displacement makes the most power.

you MT82 guys just start sounding like 9/11 truthers at some point..."theres nothing wrong with the MT82 , all you have to do is replace the shifter,replace the clutch/press plate ,the clutch hose, change the fluid out,remove a spring...:rolleyes:

there was nothing wrong with your tranny bro ...you just couldn't handle such a complex piece of well engineered/manufactured awesomeness :rolleyes:

Dude just stop... You clearly are beaten at what your trying to accomplish. Plus your items list has nothing to do with the internals of the transmission. Go race your grandpa auto and leave this thread alone.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
awwww the poor auto lovers are so mad :D.

Great run OP glad someone could show the autos that the manual can hold it's own!

Users who are viewing this thread