MT: Shelby VS ZL1 on Laguna Seca

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
"1 Trick Pony"

"And that's Important b/c we don't drive everywhere a quarter mile at a time"

lol at the gt500 smoking towards the end.

Randy was a little sympathetic towards the shelby. We know why.

R.I.P Carrol Shelby you guys built a great mustang.

But overall the ZL1 is the more sophisticated car. Basically everything was said that I already knew in this review.

That is why the ZL1 Keeps "WINNING" :beer:

What ever helps you sleep a night.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
"1 Trick Pony"

But overall the ZL1 is the more sophisticated car. Basically everything was said that I already knew in this review.

That is why the ZL1 Keeps "WINNING" :beer:

Which one would that be? The power, or the braking, or the handling, or the road course? It seems to me that the Shelby won all these tests!

Sophisticated in a car that does not have launch control, nav, and lousy mpg usage? Are you sure you want to say that about a car that is missing so much?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
On the contrary my friend.

ZL1 Wins every test :banana: There is a reason.

So I guess whatever helps you sleep at night.

Lol at "wins"

Stop being a fool. Look at the hard numbers. They favor the Shelby.

You go drive your comfy car- ill go drive my faster performance car.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
Y'all are feeding the troll...of course, if this were C5, they'd have banned him/her/it by now, so I guess the charitable nutrition will continue...

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
On the contrary my friend.

ZL1 Wins every test :banana: There is a reason.

So I guess whatever helps you sleep at night.

The ZL1 most certainly doesn't win every test. It is more comfy and apparently has better brakes, everything else goes to the GT500.

Do you ever get tired of trying to stir up shit? Honest question.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Y'all are feeding the troll...of course, if this were C5, they'd have banned him/her/it by now, so I guess the charitable nutrition will continue...

Well I agree feeding the troll isn't a good idea, it is sometimes fun to see them trying to use moronic reasoning to try and fit it to their agenda. Like when "GMeveN," says that the ZL1 wins at every test. He is talking about it winning the overall review of the car and not the individual tests that are given to it. If "GMeveN" went into more detail on that he wouldn't be able to proclaim such a thing with so much vigor. It's funny to see these guys and how they view situations.

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I'm sorry which video were you guys watching? I saw the one where the ZL1 Came out on top.

I'm sorry you believe in purely subjective results, and overlook the raw numbers

. Must be really hard to go throughout life that way. I hope that you can overcome that problem.

SVTeveN

SVT
Established Member
Numbers don't tell the whole story you 1 trick pony riders. Yes you throw 662 hp at a car it better be decently fast. If the gt500 was 580hp and still 250lbs lighter. It would get crushed in the numbers department.

Real drivers that don't live there lives a quarter mile at a time. Prefer the better ZL1, Like stated in the video It won b/c of it. These guys have driven the best cars in the world. I think they know which one is better.

So if you want to keep being a fan boy and losing all the comparisons, Be my guest.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Numbers don't tell the whole story you 1 trick pony riders. Yes you throw 662 hp at a car it better be decently fast. If the gt500 was 580hp and still 250lbs lighter. It would get crushed in the numbers department.

Real drivers that don't live there lives a quarter mile at a time. Prefer the better ZL1, Like stated in the video It won b/c of it. These guys have driven the best cars in the world. I think they know which one is better.

So if you want to keep being a fan boy and losing all the comparisons, Be my guest.

Blah, blah, blah, and "what ifs." You failed to answer my question, what did the ZL1 win at?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member

I'm sorry- the GT500 has been faster around a road course than the ZL1 in the latest tests.

I fail to see where it's a 1 trick pony.

Let's remember the score
4a5c1f99-8370-d605.jpg

Next.

Last edited:

Nicolaskl

BANNED
Established Member

By all means, pick your car based on the same criteria that cause the mag testers to pick the BRZs of the world over cars that perform far better. The rest of us will continue to buy our performance cars based on actual PERFORMANCE.

If the GT500 is a one trick pony, the ZL1 is a zero trick pony.

rwboring

Established Member
Real drivers that don't live there lives a quarter mile at a time.

wow, delete "that" and change "there" to "their"...

Second, so then if I understand what you are getting at is "real drivers live their lives at a road course" because that is the only numerical thing the ZL1 has won at (and not every time). If that isn't what you meant then it must be what is an easier car to drive daily? Which if that's it then you would be buying a CTS-V or Benz not a "muscle car". If it doesn't come down to numbers it is purely subjective which means none of these opinions matter to you because you like the car you like and I like the car I like. These other drivers might agree with you but who knows they might also have one in their garage or they might be Corvette fans (who very few would like Shelby if they knew the history between the two so they don't care for the car from the get go).

For the record, I could care less if my GT500 could take a turn at .99 or 1.1. However I DO care if I can run a 11.8 stock and mine WILL see the strip. So with you saying people don't live their lives a 1/4 mile at a time, go watch the fast and furious again and get off the forum. That is the most important statistic to 90% of car fanatics and even on the street you are most likely to see the acceleration and deceleration limits of the car more then the handling limits.

Users who are viewing this thread