MT82 transmission on the 2013

phantom_5_liter

Established Member
I'm on my 2nd tranny in less than a week of having it, the same issue began again with it grinding 5th gear....they later found out the syncro was bad. But it's been a few months now and no problems with the tranny
Just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem with their tranny.
They are not the strongest trannys I can see

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
If the tranny is working fine now then don't worry about it. If it axts up again take it in. Seems like when you got your new tranny it may needed a break in. Also the mt82 is not that great of a tranny.

3 oh 2

Established Member
I just finished a mt82 to 6r80 swap i have a good mt82 no whine , no grinding ill let it go. For $ 850 shipped

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Oh look, another "MT82 failed" thread. Where are the manual lovers on this site who say...."It's not that bad of a transmission, mine has never failed, and shifts just fine....after I changed the fluid line, upgraded the clutch, changed the shifter, changed the brake and transmission fluid, added a firm transmission mount, and learned that I can't shift hard when the car is doing _________ . "

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Oh look, another "MT82 failed" thread. Where are the manual lovers on this site who say...."It's not that bad of a transmission, mine has never failed, and shifts just fine....after I changed the fluid line, upgraded the clutch, changed the shifter, changed the brake and transmission fluid, added a firm transmission mount, and learned that I can't shift hard when the car is doing _________ . "
I think now it's boiling down to where and when these transmission were produced, since they are starting to appear in 2013s more often...

D.T.R

Established Member

You read my mind, bretherem. :lol:

Oh btw, you forgot the clutch line !

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I think we can conclude that the mt-82 is not the best option, but mostly because its a remote mounted shifter. I went over to the camaro tech forums and guess what, they are having shifting problems with their remote mounted tremec's. A couple of weeks ago i talked to a guy with an immaculate 2011 gt 500 completely stock, who told me he gets 2nd gear lockout with his remote mounted stock shifter on his tremec...i like manual trannies, which is why I'm upgrading to a tremec xl ! I considered an auto swap but my car is a street monster, not much track time other then to see what it will do...so i'd get bored with an auto!

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I think we can conclude that the mt-82 is not the best option, but mostly because its a remote mounted shifter. I went over to the camaro tech forums and guess what, they are having shifting problems with their remote mounted tremec's. A couple of weeks ago i talked to a guy with an immaculate 2011 gt 500 completely stock, who told me he gets 2nd gear lockout with his remote mounted stock shifter on his tremec...i like manual trannies, which is why I'm upgrading to a tremec xl ! I considered an auto swap but my car is a street monster, not much track time other then to see what it will do...so i'd get bored with an auto!

I have a tr6060 in my gt500 an i dont have an issue with it shifting on a remote shifter. I think that a shifter built into the tranny is better. but it seems the remote shifters arent that bad if done right. In the mt82 case its just the whole tranny that's bad.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member

what a hater! last few threads where the mt82 was doing low 10 and 9 i didnt hear a peep from the auto lovers hahah:dancenana:

Blackmagic1

Established Member
13k on mine,no probs.Wonder who the engineer on the shifter was ?Plus able to go in production using ZIP-TIES to hold the rear bushing to the cheap mount !( MGW shifter took care of that !)

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
what a hater! last few threads where the mt82 was doing low 10 and 9 i didnt hear a peep from the auto lovers hahah:dancenana:

Why should I rub more salt in your wounds?

Cheerleading for the .1% of manual cars in the 9's is a moot point.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread