MT82 transmission on the 2013

flash0080

Established Member
Oh look, another "MT82 failed" thread. Where are the manual lovers on this site who say...."It's not that bad of a transmission, mine has never failed, and shifts just fine....after I changed the fluid line, upgraded the clutch, changed the shifter, changed the brake and transmission fluid, added a firm transmission mount, and learned that I can't shift hard when the car is doing _________ . "

I have to say. Havent had any problems with mine. Its 2011 going on 70,000 miles. Still the way it is from the factory.

On the other hand had a buddy lemon law his for replacing the tranny 2 or 3 times don't remember which.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Mine runs shifts awesome. I also dont bleed between my legs like some.

Alot of it is technique

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Why should I rub more salt in your wounds?

Cheerleading for the .1% of manual cars in the 9's is a moot point.

i guess you have to have a wound for salt to be effective. Mine like others have had no issues

how factual is your .1%....and on that note since you have the data, can you proved a % for autos?

streetone01

SVT
Established Member
Funny thing about the mt82's that are working. .. The guys who own them think it's their awesome driving holding them together.

Posted via Topify using Android

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Funny thing about the mt82's that are working. .. The guys who own them think it's their awesome driving holding them together.

Posted via Topify using Android

:lol:

funny thing about the auto's...The guys who own them think they will all be getting 9's in 1/4

yeah im working really hard at "holding them together"

more like beating auto boys mod for mod in my area consistently

streetone01

SVT
Established Member
was just told by my dealer the transmission is on back order... possibly the end of the month! Am I the only one who thinks that is unacceptable

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I know why the MT82 whines.

42tqp.jpg

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
^ wheres your timeslip/track time?

cant ride of the strength of others forever can we? until then the you will be "leashed baby

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
^ wheres your timeslip/track time?

cant ride of the strength of others forever can we? until then the you will be "leashed beast"

navigation and glass roof along with backup camera makes him think that he has enough mods to run 9s :shrug:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Manual Coyote gets to the 9's, all manual owners are, "YEAH BABY!!!! I KNEW WE COULD DO IT TOO!!!"

Auto owners are like, "Welcome to the club".

Face+Problem.png

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
navigation and glass roof along with backup camera makes him think that he has enough mods to run 9s :shrug:

he kinda just redefines the term "vicariously" and takes it to a whole new level

vicarious beast= engine lube guru/my auto runs 9's cause someone elses did

460cidpower

Established Member
I'm on my 2nd tranny in less than a week of having it, the same issue began again with it grinding 5th gear....they later found out the syncro was bad. But it's been a few months now and no problems with the tranny
Just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem with their tranny.
They are not the strongest trannys I can see

Mine's done the same thing. I'm waiting on mine to finish dying so I can buy a Magnum XL....

Users who are viewing this thread