My 2011 C6 GS with E85 tune only. 5.0 heartbreaker.

04compgt

Established Member
Also the first link I posted of the track didnt work. I fixed it check it out. Also your mentality because your car only went 117 then that means thats all that every 5.0 can do is completely wrong. Just because you cant do it, doesnt mean someone else cant.

MRSUPRA

Established Member
Zr1 is the heaviest Vette at 3375. And my car was 3230 on a local truck scale. Lol. Go home man. The butthurt shows.

Forgot about the ZR1. But yeah, it's still the heaviest (other than the ZR1) at 3330 curb weight. Go find a real scale with a full tank of gas. And this is a Ford forum, you go home with your $55K car and its the rental car interior :).

Ls2BluGoat

200,000 mile club
Established Member
What's with all the flaming? @ OP, nice numbers, you should break 12's with DR's in no time, with the new tune! Post vids too! :beer:

Recently joins a Ford forum with the username 'C6GS' for what... To gloat?

:rollseyes

Last edited:

fctrywrkr

5.SL0
Established Member
GS are nice cars, not bad numbers either. LS3s are strong motors. my tune only (93 octane) auto 5.0 went 12.20@118 with a ~1.9 sixty @ 1600 DA. E85 isn't readily available in this city, only speed shops carry it, at a premium cost.

C6GS

Banned
What's with all the flaming? @ OP, nice numbers, you should break 12's with DR's in no time, with the new tune! Post vids too! :beer:

:rollseyes

Yeah not sure about the flaming either. People are jealous that's very apparent. I love my rental car interior gs but will trade soon for another mustang. Make no bones about it. The 5.0 is great. And so is the boss. So no need to flame. But to the poster talking about his auto full Bolton gt, it only makes 4 more hp than me. Good food for thought.

C6GS

Banned
GS are nice cars, not bad numbers either. LS3s are strong motors. my tune only (93 octane) auto 5.0 went 12.20@118 with a ~1.9 sixty @ 1600 DA. E85 isn't readily available in this city, only speed shops carry it, at a premium cost.

My tune only gt went 12.15@117 on bald 305/35/18 et streets. And that was with a 1.67 60" so I know what I'm doing. That was power shifting it to an inch of its life. Not sure what the da was but it was October.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Yeah. But all you have to do is add HP. I basically have a Z06 minus about 35rwhp....

Littering and.....
Littering and.....
Smokin' the reefer.

You forgot these differences too:

Aluminum frame
LS7
Lighter weight overall, lighter frame weight
Carbon fiber front fenders
Different differential and case (Z06 & C6 Diffs are not interchangable, nor are the ring and pinions)
Internally in the transmission there were also a few changes with the most significant being that they upgraded the outputshaft from a 27 spline to a 30 spline shaft (Viper size). In doing this the internal spline of the pinion gear was also increased.
Different transmission gearing
Z06 specific gauge cluster
Different shocks and springs
Different exhaust manifolds
Different dual mode exhaust
Dry sump and battery in back in all cars
Wixom hand assembled engine all cars

Just to keep the facts straight for the non-vette folks.

Crushinator

Established Member
Wow, great numbers. My Shelby makes 420 rwhp at just over 3,000 rpm and 625 rwtq at 2,500 rpm...I think it idles at 400 rwtq.:rolling:

Just busting your balls dude. You have a nice car. But don't gloat too much around this crowd. I really don't think you'll find too many people here that are jealous.

C6GS

Banned
Littering and.....
Littering and.....
Smokin' the reefer.

You forgot these differences too:

Aluminum frame
LS7
Lighter weight overall, lighter frame weight
Carbon fiber front fenders
Different differential and case (Z06 & C6 Diffs are not interchangable, nor are the ring and pinions)
Internally in the transmission there were also a few changes with the most significant being that they upgraded the outputshaft from a 27 spline to a 30 spline shaft (Viper size). In doing this the internal spline of the pinion gear was also increased.
Different transmission gearing
Z06 specific gauge cluster
Different shocks and springs
Different exhaust manifolds
Different dual mode exhaust
Dry sump and battery in back in all cars
Wixom hand assembled engine all cars

Just to keep the facts straight for the non-vette folks.

The only things my gs doesn't have are the ls7, aluminum frame and z06 gauges. But my gs has the dry sump ls3 also hand built in wixom and the battery in the back. The gs has completely different trans gearing than even the zo6. It shares many of the suspension parts and also the brakes.

gearhead08

Established Member
Wannagofast half mile in chicago? Is that the one you posted a 145? I helped work the event just curious if that was the one.

C6GS

Banned
Wannagofast half mile in chicago? Is that the one you posted a 145? I helped work the event just curious if that was the one.

Yep that's the one. I called Blake back in October last year and brought you guys up here. Was a good time. Too bad the weather didn't cooperate.

Last edited:

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
Being proud of trap speeds with horrible 60' is ignorant. Your trap goes up with wheel spin, if you were to hook it will go down. So when you say I ran 11.20@130 doesn't mean since it went 130 you can run nines.. I saw this talk earlier in the thread and I wish people would quit thinking that way.

C6GS

Banned
Being proud of trap speeds with horrible 60' is ignorant. Your trap goes up with wheel spin, if you were to hook it will go down. So when you say I ran 11.20@130 doesn't mean since it went 130 you can run nines.. I saw this talk earlier in the thread and I wish people would quit thinking that way.

Trap speeds are a true measure of a cars performance. Not sure why you would refer to me as ignorant. I just choose not to run a tire on the c6 because of the glass rear end. But in the name of consistency, making all the runs on the stock tires and just watching the trap speeds, will show gains that can be measured. Just like using a Dyno to show gains. It's not really about the number itself but about the measured gain.

fctrywrkr

5.SL0
Established Member

how, ive seen this stated many times and not a damn sole can prove it. explain it, please? my best trap falls in with my best 60', so... :nonono: just b/c u have wheel spin and trap 130, your car still has to have enough power to propel you to 130 mph... no? :rolling:

mrfiveoh

Established Member
lol, my bone stock 5.0 went 12.4 @112. Ive seen stock 5.0s dyno anywhere from 358-380, so u did this on Corn OIl???

Giving props where its due vettes are monsters from a roll, I cant defeat that weight and aerodynamic factor. But i woulda expected more POWAH!

C6GS

Banned
lol, my bone stock 5.0 went 12.4 @112. Ive seen stock 5.0s dyno anywhere from 358-380, so u did this on Corn OIl???

Giving props where its due vettes are monsters from a roll, I cant defeat that weight and aerodynamic factor. But i woulda expected more POWAH!

Yeah 416/401 on just E85. Car should make even more power with headers/CAI than a 93 octane car with the same mods.

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member

^ Agreed! 60ft coupled with Trap Speed tells the story. Even if consistent, we can tell if you are spinning or hooking with that MPH!

C6GS

Banned
Not even the guys at corvette forum do this kind of childish bench racing.

You MUST be joking. Have you been here long???????? I have been reading this site for years, and there isnt an LSx vs 2,3,4valve discussion that hasn't erupted into bench and dyno racing. What a laugh.

:kaboom:

Users who are viewing this thread