My 2011 C6 GS with E85 tune only. 5.0 heartbreaker.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
I'm not saying everytime it works this way, I all I'm saying is if you get your slip and say Damn I had a shitty 60' and et that pass but "wow look at the trap that time' you need to consider wheel spin contributed. Sometimes hooking will also give you more MPH as well. If you spin you cannot get a true determination of what your car can do.
Here's one of my slips where traction helped my MPH but this is in the 1/8 where it's expected to cause you have no room to get MPH going.
2uherujy.jpg

F=ma F=F1-F2

F2=traction and in a perfect scenario (no wheel spin) F2 would be 0. With perfect traction there can be no better elapsed time or total MPH over the same distances. There are plenty other variables when it come to drag racing but under the exact same conditions, more traction will always give you more MPH. The variances people have from time slip to time slip can be attributed to many other things rather than 60ft time and sometimes a higher mph with a higher 60ft time may be a coincidence with other factors.

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
I guess he needed the corn. (my old brick I used to drive liked to beat up on the unsuspecting). Guess he needed 35 more hp. Tune only Jeep btw.
th_20101105_190451.jpg

Last edited:

chadder1313

Established Member
Stock LS3 cars are turds. Vettes and Camaros. My car beats up on them all the time. Ive broke a many LS owners hearts. No big deal. Just a bolt on 5.0 here.

FoMoCo08

LSX Slayer
Established Member
OP, congratulations on your new Corvette on corn with a dyno tune making very similar numbers to my 10 year old car completely stock on pump gas...

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Omg

Yeah. But all you have to do is add HP. I basically have a Z06 minus about 35rwhp. Add headers, CAI and a retune and this car on E85 should make 460ish at the wheels. Same or more as Z06. Then add a cam, and its over 500rwhp easy with the corn juice. more like 525rwhp. So now we are talking big fun and trap speeds 125-128mph for about $2k in mods. Granted the car was $55k.... But after said mods, I now have a car that looks as pretty as a Z06, with most of the same parts but way more hp. So Its a win-win. And if went straight to blower, Im over 600rwhp at 10-12psi for a centri kit. My buddy has an LS2 vette with V3 kit and cam/full boltons. Still on the stock long block, car makes close to 800 at the tire. Borrowed time Im sure, but hes been on this setup for 2 summers now. Car traps 146mph in the 1/4. Again this car has maybe $8k total in mods.
Let me ask you question how old are you cause you are starting to sound like a rich boy that daddy buys all his cars for him. Listen the vette is fine car however everyone on this forum knows that horsepower numbers are useless with out track numbers to back them up. Also I know it has been said but stop comparing an over priced sports car with affordable one. Most mustang owners are the ones that work on there own stuff and have to save every dime to be competitive. I will end my rant with stop comparing with other cars that you either don't own or have not actually ran.

Last edited:

19935.slow

Established Member
Being proud of trap speeds with horrible 60' is ignorant. Your trap goes up with wheel spin, if you were to hook it will go down. So when you say I ran 11.20@130 doesn't mean since it went 130 you can run nines.. I saw this talk earlier in the thread and I wish people would quit thinking that way.

Sometimes yes, but when your car hooks in it's power band, and doesn't bog; Trap speed goes up. You are in your powerband for a longer period of time = higher mph.

I spent the last year traveling around to small tire races, and have done lots of test and tuning with my own vehicles. I've never lost mph from hooking better.

Lawhead

Established Member
GM guys mad they have to compare their Vettes to Moostangs

Where is that Fif gen at?

Oh yea.....

5PNTSLO

Established Member
This is for the ignorant c6 owner. This is my 2011automagic premium car 3890# with me in it, mods were o/r xpipe, tune and drag radial and a SCT FLASH, on PUMP 93

20130209_170249.jpg

BLK93GT

Established Member
Hmm. My friend's 2012 GT ran 12.2@118 with a few minor bolt on and plain street tires. I can see on a highway run how the vette may win.

Users who are viewing this thread