My 2011 C6 GS with E85 tune only. 5.0 heartbreaker.

C6GS

Banned
cool story, but bench racing dyno #'s is frowned upon here.

Ohh congratulations on hitting 400whp with 6.2l on corn btw.

There are several other nice things about running the corn juice, but almost running out of it the other day was not one of them. Got stuck in traffic behind an accident that left me idling for a while, already on E. Its was nerve racking that i had that situation at all to deal with. But then I had to drive another few extra miles to get the car filled up. But $48 later for a completely full tank made up for it. $2.99 a gallon.

Last edited:

C6GS

Banned
Looking at your dyno your car runs out of breath a lot quicker than a 5.0 motor.

Gearing my friend. 3.42 gears with a longer trans compared to the 5.0 and my car goes just fine. Remember that stock LS3 corvettes have a top speed of like 189 or 190 or something totally stock. Not sure a tuned 5.0 could do that without a boatload of extra hp. So yeah, gearing is the key. Plus as always the lighter weight.

And for the record, my last 5.0 was a manual 3.55 car with an AED tune and it ripped too. But it did loose to a stock LS3 on two occasions.

C6GS

Banned
Recently joins a Ford forum with the username 'C6GS' for what... To gloat?

Actually I am doing my research on the 13/14 GT500 because I must have one. I miss the mustang, but wanted to share my current car with the E85 tune. I thought it was unique. And since I already had TWO 5.0s I have plenty room to talk about them. But yes I have mustang envy. I'd buy another 5.0 in a second

What I would buy, but rather save for a while for the big boy.
2014 400a manual GT
Track pack
3.73s
Recaros
Electronics

Basically the same for the GT500 accept its a 800a I think with SVTPP.

Last edited:

C6GS

Banned
I have been a ford guy at heart. Heres my list starting in 2005 when I got out of bikes and into cars.

new 04 GT manual
used 04 Cobra
new 07 C6
new 09 GT500
(2) new 11 GT's
used 11 C6 GS
soon - new/used 13+ GT500.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
I was talking stock. Now its not stock with just an E85 tune. Its going to be decimation now. The 1/4 mile time was on the stock tires with a 2.2 sixty and granny shifting. My trap if I compare it to similar # cars should be 118+mph.

Decimation? :bash::bash: You don't buy a Vette to pick on Mustangs on the highway. And at a 1 mile strip the GS would be in the backpack with todays contenders.

Last edited:

C6GS

Banned
Decimation? :bash::bash: You don't but a Vette to pick on Mustangs on the highway. And at a 1 mile strip the GS would be in the backpack with todays contenders.

Sorry but I dont quite understand what you said or trying to say? I was talking about the mustang gt. Not other "contenders". If you take my car and put it against any other stock car in the same price bracket, there are only maybe two cars that could touch it. 2013 GT500 and MAYBE 2012 ZL1

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
GS are nice cars to look at, but incredibly boring to drive. The only thing that impressed me with my fathers inferno orange GS, performance-wise, was the brakes. Those things are down-right phenom.

C6GS

Banned
GS are nice cars to look at, but incredibly boring to drive. The only thing that impressed me with my fathers inferno orange GS, performance-wise, was the brakes. Those things are down-right phenom.

Yeah. But all you have to do is add HP. I basically have a Z06 minus about 35rwhp. Add headers, CAI and a retune and this car on E85 should make 460ish at the wheels. Same or more as Z06. Then add a cam, and its over 500rwhp easy with the corn juice. more like 525rwhp. So now we are talking big fun and trap speeds 125-128mph for about $2k in mods. Granted the car was $55k.... But after said mods, I now have a car that looks as pretty as a Z06, with most of the same parts but way more hp. So Its a win-win. And if went straight to blower, Im over 600rwhp at 10-12psi for a centri kit. My buddy has an LS2 vette with V3 kit and cam/full boltons. Still on the stock long block, car makes close to 800 at the tire. Borrowed time Im sure, but hes been on this setup for 2 summers now. Car traps 146mph in the 1/4. Again this car has maybe $8k total in mods.

04compgt

Established Member
OP, If you were in Florida I would be happy to run you in my e85 NA 5.0 Mustang. From a roll or stop. You can pick. My car makes 420 rwhp through a stalled auto and beat a zo6 from a roll and destroyed it from a dig. FYI my car runs 11.0 @ 123. Before you try to flame me here are some vids of my car
Track outing
http://youtu.be/uD1fCXAdiLI
Roll with a zo6
E85 5.0 bolts ons vs c6 zo6 - YouTube

Last edited:

C6GS

Banned
OP, If you were in Florida I would be happy to run you in my e85 NA 5.0 Mustang. From a roll or stop. You can pick. My car makes 420 rwhp through a stalled auto and beat a zo6 from a roll and destroyed it from a dig. FYI my car runs 11.0 @ 123. Before you try to flame me here are some vids of my car

YouTube

E85 5.0 bolts ons vs c6 zo6 - YouTube

I wouldn't flame you but you literally are running 6 mph faster than your numbers state. Sorry but there are pieces of your story missing. My aed gt was only running 117 in mineshaft air and it was a manual. Making 20 less hp than you to boot. So sorry if I don't believe u.

MRSUPRA

Established Member
Lol at "5.0 heartbreaker". I think the only hearts broken would be $55K+ corvettes getting beat by $30K modded 5.0's.

I liked my 06 C6, great looking car and fast. But the 5.0 is much more car for the money. Especially with the C6's econo interior. And BTW, the GS is the heaviest corvette at 3330lbs, so that makes it 300lbs heavier not 400.

C6GS

Banned
Zr1 is the heaviest Vette at 3375. And my car was 3230 on a local truck scale. Lol. Go home man. The butthurt shows.

04compgt

Established Member
I wouldn't flame you but you literally are running 6 mph faster than your numbers state. Sorry but there are pieces of your story missing. My aed gt was only running 117 in mineshaft air and it was a manual. Making 20 less hp than you to boot. So sorry if I don't believe u.

My car makes 420 rwhp through a stalled auto. You do know autos dyno lower right? My point is dyno is just a number it doesnt mean how fast your car is. Also if you keep up with the 5.0s there are a few faster cars than mine all motor with similar combo. To name a few so you can google wbt, casper gt, jj@wms. I happen to be in the faster end like they are. Also my car is tuned by me so I take quite a long time doing the tuning imo noone will care more than myself. Nothing missing from my story. It is in fact an all motor car with full bolt ons and torque converter.

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
Lol at "5.0 heartbreaker". I think the only hearts broken would be $55K+ corvettes getting beat by $30K modded 5.0's.

I liked my 06 C6, great looking car and fast. But the 5.0 is much more car for the money. Especially with the C6's econo interior. And BTW, the GS is the heaviest corvette at 3330lbs, so that makes it 300lbs heavier not 400.

Interior was the deal breaker for me on the C6's. Plus I see a ton of them around and I have never seen another Boss other than on dealer lots.

Users who are viewing this thread