My 2011 C6 GS with E85 tune only. 5.0 heartbreaker.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Yeah. But all you have to do is add HP. I basically have a Z06 minus about 35rwhp. Add headers, CAI and a retune and this car on E85 should make 460ish at the wheels. Same or more as Z06. Then add a cam, and its over 500rwhp easy with the corn juice. more like 525rwhp. So now we are talking big fun and trap speeds 125-128mph for about $2k in mods. Granted the car was $55k.... But after said mods, I now have a car that looks as pretty as a Z06, with most of the same parts but way more hp. So Its a win-win. And if went straight to blower, Im over 600rwhp at 10-12psi for a centri kit. My buddy has an LS2 vette with V3 kit and cam/full boltons. Still on the stock long block, car makes close to 800 at the tire. Borrowed time Im sure, but hes been on this setup for 2 summers now. Car traps 146mph in the 1/4. Again this car has maybe $8k total in mods.

I just spit all over my keyboard...:fm::bash:

C6GS

Banned
I just spit all over my keyboard...:fm::bash:

Why is that funny? Lets line up my car making about the same power and a stock Z06 and see what happens. Probably be neck and neck. problems?> You understand the meaning of mods correct?

Monster Mach

Established Member
This is the dumbest post I've seen in a while..

"And your dyno just proved that your stock ls3 IS as fast at a mildly modded 5.0"

You just raced dyno numbers.. And then you compared a vette which is hundreds of pounds lighter, better gearing and aerodynamics to a 5.0 with a tune lol.. Sorry but go and run a 415rwhp C6 LS3 and go and view some tail lights, since you know EVERYTHING about racing.. Your entire post is just full of fail!

I race plenty if 430hp vettes in my 380hp Mach 1 and win lol it isn't all about the car. And gearing its where the motor puts the power down. And ls3s just don't hang with a 5.0 with the same power sorry. Sorry u need a way bigger engine to beat a heavier car

C6GS

Banned
I race plenty if 430hp vettes in my 380hp Mach 1 and win lol it isn't all about the car. And gearing its where the motor puts the power down. And ls3s just don't hang with a 5.0 with the same power sorry. Sorry u need a way bigger engine to beat a heavier car

WAT? Wow, someone lied to you. Do you have either car?? I do. 2 of each actually. All modded, and I know how both respond to mods. But your statement about LS3s not being able to hang with the 5.0 would only be true if you were talking about the 5th gen camaro. There is no way against a manual LS3 vette. Not stock to stock never. I have first hand experience on this on both sides of the coin.

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
how, ive seen this stated many times and not a damn sole can prove it. explain it, please? my best trap falls in with my best 60', so... :nonono: just b/c u have wheel spin and trap 130, your car still has to have enough power to propel you to 130 mph... no? :rolling:

A car on full slicks traps 130 with a 1.5 60' is going to outrun the guy with a. 2.4 60' trapping 130 i promise you.

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
The rationale behind it is while your spinninf obviously when you catch traction from such said wheel speed it will jolt you. There must be a reason people have been saying it for years. Maybe in the 12 second zone not so much but I need to send this to myth busters.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Why is that funny? Lets line up my car making about the same power and a stock Z06 and see what happens. Probably be neck and neck. problems?> You understand the meaning of mods correct?

Z06 weighs less, has longer gearing and makes more power under the curve. Your car with E85 WILL NOT outrun a stock Z running 93 and it WILL NOT be neck and neck.

Also a H/C/I E85 C6 LS3 GS would get ROCKED by a H/C/I E85 LS7 Z06.

Last edited:

C6GS

Banned
Z06 weighs less, has longer gearing and makes more power under the curve. Your car with E85 WILL NOT outrun a stock Z on 93 and it WILL NOT be neck and neck.

Also a H/C/I E85 C6 LS3 GS would get ROCKED by a H/C/I E85 LS7 Z06.

Once again you misunderstood. I was saying my car making similar power, not just what Im making now. I can add headers/cai and make more than a Z06 and probably not have an issue with it. And my car has stronger gearing than the Z06.....

47709363d1353021259-gu2-axle-and-transmission-gear-ratios-corvettegearsboggs.jpg

fctrywrkr

5.SL0
Established Member
A car on full slicks traps 130 with a 1.5 60' is going to outrun the guy with a. 2.4 60' trapping 130 i promise you.

this subject confuses me. too many variables to say that. but given equal cars and equal RTs, then yea. however, trap speed is an indicator of HP, if you are spinning you are losing distance in which to gain speed and you have limited distance (1320ft). tires are not like a rubberband ur just not going to pick up tons of mph by spinning then hooking and jolting forward, physics says otherwise. if said car cuts a 2.4 sixty and runs 11.0, then put slicks on and cuts a 1.5, chances are he will be running a low 10 and have a similar trap as he did with the 2.4, if not a little better. i dont see how wheel spin = higher trap. if you're going 20mph and ur spinning the tires at point A, and a car is going 20mph at point A and hooking up... how the hell do you reach point B at a faster mph when you are spinning b/c you are obviously arent getting to 30mph, 40mph, etc faster than the car hooking up? :eek:

The rationale behind it is while your spinninf obviously when you catch traction from such said wheel speed it will jolt you. There must be a reason people have been saying it for years. Maybe in the 12 second zone not so much but I need to send this to myth busters.

people said for years that leaving your tailgate down netted better mpg, which has been proven false as well. send it to myth busters, i just cant seem to grasp my head around it. not saying it isn't possible, it just doesnt seem very probable. i dont see how 12s or 9s would make a difference. if spinning = higher traps, itll = higher traps regardless. if you're spinning, you're not bogging, so you are still propelling forward, albiet slowly, still forward, unlike bogging. so thats the only reason i have to it :bash:

Last edited:

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Once again you misunderstood. I was saying my car making similar power, not just what Im making now. I can add headers/cai and make more than a Z06 and probably not have an issue with it. And my car has stronger gearing than the Z06.....

47709363d1353021259-gu2-axle-and-transmission-gear-ratios-corvettegearsboggs.jpg

Stronger gearing :shrug: Steeper, yes. The GS tranny gearing is the same ratios used in C6 Z51s and C5Zs.

A C6 LS3 and a Z06 with same HP/TQ, Z06 will be faster ~ Wider TQ band, better highway gearing and it's lighter, it would pull away from a similar powered LS3 going into 4th.

From a Dig, drivers race.

Last edited:

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
this subject confuses me. too many variables to say that. but given equal cars and equal RTs, then yea. however, trap speed is an indicator of HP, if you are spinning you are losing distance in which to gain speed and you have limited distance (1320ft). tires are not like a rubberband ur just not going to pick up tons of mph by spinning then hooking and jolting forward, physics says otherwise. if said car cuts a 2.4 sixty and runs 11.0, then put slicks on and cuts a 1.5, chances are he will be running a low 10 and have a similar trap as he did with the 2.4, if not a little better. i dont see how wheel spin = higher trap. if you're going 20mph and ur spinning the tires at point A, and a car is going 20mph at point A and hooking up... how the hell do you reach point B at a faster mph when you are spinning b/c you are obviously arent getting to 30mph, 40mph, etc faster than the car hooking up? :eek:

people also say UFOs are real, and stuff like that. send it to myth busters, i just cant seem to grasp my head around it. not saying it isn't possible, it just doesnt seem very probable. i dont see how 12s or 9s would make a difference. if spinning = higher traps, itll = higher traps regardless. if you're spinning, you're not bogging, so you are still propelling forward, albiet slowly, still forward, unlike bogging. so thats the only reason i have to it :bash:

Ive made about 500 passes and on thr ones with wheel spin I always have higher traps either in the 1/8 or 1/4 than when the car 60's like it should. I dont have scientific facts behind it just experience. I am dead serious about myth busters though haha. That show needs some spice.

fctrywrkr

5.SL0
Established Member
Ive made about 500 passes and on thr ones with wheel spin I always have higher traps either in the 1/8 or 1/4 than when the car 60's like it should. I dont have scientific facts behind it just experience. I am dead serious about myth busters though haha. That show needs some spice.

so weird man, bc ive experienced otherwise but hear this argument tons of times and no one has had facts or proof as to how/why it happens. im serious about mythbusters as well. thatd be friggen sweet.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
A c6 with equal power to a z06 will lose because of the weight difference and powerband difference. The z06 will be deeper into power at every shift and will walk away at every shift.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member

I think you are wrong. If you look at it from a simple physics view, the most traction will give you the ability to have more MPH. If I had a foot race against an olympic runner and the runner had to wear water socks and his lane was covered in ice and I wore cleats on rubber track, my start would be phenomenal against the runner and we could essentially cross the finish line with the same MPH. If we raced again and this time we both were on the rubber track with cleats, he would destroy me. The point is that traction loss is always the enemy for ET and trap.

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
I think you are wrong. If you look at it from a simple physics view, the most traction will give you the ability to have more MPH. If I had a foot race against an olympic runner and the runner had to wear water socks and his lane was covered in ice and I wore cleats on rubber track, my start would be phenomenal against the runner and we could essentially cross the finish line with the same MPH. If we raced again and this time we both were on the rubber track with cleats, he would destroy me. The point is that traction loss is always the enemy for ET and trap.

I'm not saying everytime it works this way, I all I'm saying is if you get your slip and say Damn I had a shitty 60' and et that pass but "wow look at the trap that time' you need to consider wheel spin contributed. Sometimes hooking will also give you more MPH as well. If you spin you cannot get a true determination of what your car can do.
Here's one of my slips where traction helped my MPH but this is in the 1/8 where it's expected to cause you have no room to get MPH going.
2uherujy.jpg

BayareaSS

Established Member
I hear people say that trap goes up when you spin but my car has also been the opposite. The better my 60ft the better I trap. My best trap speed to date is matched with my best 60ft.

Users who are viewing this thread