my back yard transformation

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I started this project last summer. My back yard was pretty plain. The upgrades include a heated inground pool, addition on the back of the house, hot tub, patios, landscaping, and leveling.

This is where it started. Digging out for the pool
null_zps20a2a78c.jpg

null_zpsb009f916.jpg

Pool installed... but it caused all sorts of chaos for the level of the back yard
null_zpsbe7442ef.jpg

null_zps7ec5c14f.jpg

Enclosed the back deck...
null_zps99e6db6c.jpg

You'll see my whole back yard is dug up, the hot tub, finished addition, and patio. Also the concrete sidewalk and bench infront of the pool.
null_zpsf5d4b0b2.jpg

I added rocks all along thr outside near the fence. Also the swing and fireplace that rolls out infront.
20140831_195325_zps7ktqdf6w.jpg

Finished sun room with doors all the way around and fold out awning.
20140831_195356_zpsbp24fbk2.jpg

20140831_195501_zpspxbc2hwy.jpg

Terrible picture but heres the TV in there. The whole room was insulated and theres a heater inside the wall next to the chair. Theres also satellite tv and surround sound inside and outside.
20140831_195449_zpscolsv32r.jpg

Finished product of the pool.
20140831_195310_zpso7go1wc2.jpg

My fiance was responsible for most of the planting and maintanance for the flowers. She picked them all out. I just constructed and dug the holes
20140831_195310_zpso7go1wc2.jpg

20140831_195419_zpsnfssss0j.jpg

$65k later, and this is the result!

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Looks inviting and comfortable!

Is that pool form set-up a DIY kit or what is the story?

SV

Thanks!

I hired a company to put it in. They werent the greatest... Thats the only thing I didnt have a part in. Its heated. The shallow end is 3.5 feet deep and the deep end is 6.5 feet deep. It took them about a month from start to finish, but they werent there every day.

Last edited:

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Do you realize with all that money you spent you could of bought a really nice Lexus LS430 in 2005 for that money? You probably would of gotten pulled over though.... With it being a $65,000 dollar Lexus and all.

:lol1:

Looks good, I'll be over with home brew and smoked prime rib shortly!

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Very nice!! All I heard when I did my pool was how I'd never get the money back. Oh ****ing well, I have a pool and use it damn near everyday in the summer. Well worth the cost. Congrats, your back yard is sweet! grilling and chilling can not be defeated.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, Mike, that back yard looks really nice now. I love how you converted the deck to more usable space. And the pool is awesome. Nice landscaping, too. IMO, money well spent. Those changes are changes you'll enjoy and they've added value to your home/property. :beer:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
damn thats bad ass.

Thanks!!

Very nice!! All I heard when I did my pool was how I'd never get the money back. Oh ****ing well, I have a pool and use it damn near everyday in the summer. Well worth the cost. Congrats, your back yard is sweet! grilling and chilling can not be defeated.

I got that a lot too. Some of my friends would say, "thats like parking a new raptor and 03/04 cobra in the back yard".. but then id have to remind them that having a pool and all the other stuff benefits them too because theyre going to be using it.

I used it a lot earlier this year and even into fall of last year. The temperature is usually around 80 degrees.

Wow, Mike, that back yard looks really nice now. I love how you converted the deck to more usable space. And the pool is awesome. Nice landscaping, too. IMO, money well spent. Those changes are changes you'll enjoy and they've added value to your home/property. :beer:

Thanks! My fiance was incharge of the flowers/plants. She picked everything out and maintains them.

Wow, very nice. Should be the home of many good times!

Looks great man

Thanks guys!!

Users who are viewing this thread