My GHIG 2014 twin turbo

Newskool Mach

9 second club
Established Member
what are the benefits to a cast log type manifold vs. just the regular stainless tubular headers? are they more durable? i'd think the smoothness and equal length tubular headers would flow more volume right?

Remember these are cast stainless steel not cast iron. Very durable and I'm am not sure the flow but lunds car made 40 more RWHP changing from the fabbed up headers to the cast manifolds.

Newskool Mach

9 second club
Established Member
can't wait to see a mt82 fluid turbo, I've only seen autos so far.

Looking good Carl. I saw her there the other day when I picked up my ride. Can't wait to see the results (then again, maybe I don't so I won't be tempted).

Diego

Looking good man! Keep us posted. Hasn't been a whole lot said lately on that kit, but it's definitely quality!

Yea they are moving now. They really are perfectionists they don't want to release it till everything is perfect. I will continue posting as we go.

scholle

Established Member

scholle

Established Member
Yes I know about the delays but it's coming though and well worth the wait!

I didn't mean to come across knocking you or your choice of how you spend your money.
The type of work I do revolves around QC so I understand that many times (good enough) just wont cut it.
It is a difficult task to work ideal engineering around budget constraints.

Newskool Mach

9 second club
Established Member
I didn't mean to come across knocking you or your choice of how you spend your money.
The type of work I do revolves around QC so I understand that many times (good enough) just wont cut it.
It is a difficult task to work ideal engineering around budget constraints.

No that's not the way I took it. I know these guys and have been working with them for years on my Mach 1. They never disappoint.

Some more Progress at Power by the Hour!
turbo1_zps316c8dfc.jpg

turbo2_zps9c02e15e.jpg

turbo3_zps57c988dc.jpg

turbo6_zps5be620db.jpg

turbo5_zpsc347d616.jpg

turbo4_zpsd7b4d631.jpg

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Is it just me, or do the base Precision turbos on the Fluid kit look "small throat starved"? I know it's sufficient, just looks small compared to the upgraded versions.

Also, that downpipe looks like room is limited.

Last edited:

Newskool Mach

9 second club
Established Member
Is it just me, or do the base Precision turbos on the Fluid kit look "small throat starved"? I know it's sufficient, just looks small compared to the upgraded versions.

Also, that downpipe looks like room is limited.

Yea they are good for 735HP each really don't know what that means but I know with the stock motor I am not gonna need anymore and if I build all I have to do is bolt bigger ones on. Yes clearance is really tight they got to get it perfect. That's the fabbed up downpipe.

Joey8

Established Member
welcome to the boosted world. Way to step over to the dark side with twins, best boost out there ;) ask me how i no haha

Newskool Mach

9 second club
Established Member
I am jealous.

That is all.

Thanks man!

welcome to the boosted world. Way to step over to the dark side with twins, best boost out there ;) ask me how i no haha

Thanks man I saw your pic with your turbos how is it?

Are you worried about the hot side melting your valve cover?

I'm having the down pipes Swain coated so I am hoping there won't be any problems. The test cars have had no problems but it is close.

Last edited:

Joey8

Established Member
Thanks man!

abolustely incredible. Seeing about 8psi in the colder weather and its awesome. I was set on a PD blower because of the instant torque but after talking with the guys at JPC and motiva (armaggedon kit) i decided to go twins not only because they look, sound, and make great power but because they spool almost instantly. You're gonna love it for sure, good luck with the build, ill be following it closely. How much boost are you gonna be running, are you on the stock bottom end?

Newskool Mach

9 second club
Established Member
can't wait to see a mt82 fluid turbo, I've only seen autos so far.

Looking good Carl. I saw her there the other day when I picked up my ride. Can't wait to see the results (then again, maybe I don't so I won't be tempted).

Diego

Looking good man! Keep us posted. Hasn't been a whole lot said lately on that kit, but it's definitely quality!

Thanks man!

abolustely incredible. Seeing about 8psi in the colder weather and its awesome. I was set on a PD blower because of the instant torque but after talking with the guys at JPC and motiva (armaggedon kit) i decided to go twins not only because they look, sound, and make great power but because they spool almost instantly. You're gonna love it for sure, good luck with the build, ill be following it closely. How much boost are you gonna be running, are you on the stock bottom end?

Well that makes me even more anxious bro glad yours is going so well. Stock motor for now with a tss oil pump vear probably 6 to 8 lbs. Probably build it next year

Users who are viewing this thread