my hardest day in my life was today.

badazzebz06

Established Member
i am sorry for your loss also.

i was with him talking to and rubbing his ears when they started with the meds. he also closed his eyes slowly like he was going to sleep. i told him to cross the bridge over and that everyone was waiting for him to arrive.

this morning was hard, he use to wake me up at 5am wanting his nuggets and would come over and touch me with his nose. i would open y eyes to see his face and his waging tail start staring at me. i'm still Freaking cry my eyes out as a type this.

this picture was taking when i walked out after he passed on. it was all cloudy and rainy before but god cleared the clouds away so my boy Lightning could see his way to Heavens bridge.

light009_zpsb05846d8.jpg
totally tear jerked me man this situation sucks bro been there too i wish dogs lived longer

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Man I'm so sorry for you. But just keep in mind the wonderful life that you gave him. He would have never had that without you. So try to be happy for him and not feel so bad for yourself. That is the hardest part about losing a loved one. He was happy from the day you brought him home until the very last day. That is a wonderful thing to know!

Stopsign32v

Established Member
i am sorry for your loss also.

i was with him talking to and rubbing his ears when they started with the meds. he also closed his eyes slowly like he was going to sleep. i told him to cross the bridge over and that everyone was waiting for him to arrive.

this morning was hard, he use to wake me up at 5am wanting his nuggets and would come over and touch me with his nose. i would open y eyes to see his face and his waging tail start staring at me. i'm still Freaking cry my eyes out as a type this.

this picture was taking when i walked out after he passed on. it was all cloudy and rainy before but god cleared the clouds away so my boy Lightning could see his way to Heavens bridge.

light009_zpsb05846d8.jpg

Holy shit...I got something in my eyes. :(

Bro just know that he will be waiting on you now. :rockon:

Bushguts

Established Member
So sorry to hear about your loss. Losing an animal is just as bad as losing a family member. My sympathies to you and your family.

nordy racer

Established Member
Man I'm so sorry for you. But just keep in mind the wonderful life that you gave him. He would have never had that without you. So try to be happy for him and not feel so bad for yourself. That is the hardest part about losing a loved one. He was happy from the day you brought him home until the very last day. That is a wonderful thing to know!

thank you for your comment (and others comments that have been posted)

i know he had a long and lovely life. i think he did more things as a dog then most people would ever do. he lived in three states across the country and had touched so may lives.

he was trained as a therapy dog for about 4 years or his life and loved visiting children and letting them touch his fluffy fur and soft ears. he would lay and listen to children read him books while they learned new words..

he loved being on the boat and on the ocean but he hated to swim lol. i never met another lab that didnt like to get wet ha.. that just made him one of a kind.

today after i cried my eyes out when i had to feed his sister. Minnee and i went to Lightning's park that he always loved. this was his park from which he visited when he was a puppy and each and everytime we visited back to Maryland. i moved back to Maryland with them almost a year ago and started taking him back to his park. i swear to god that he remember every tree and area from years before. i could tell me loved being back.

this also was the last park he visited yesterday morning before everything went wrong. he stated having seizures about 1 hour after his walk and when i took him to the ER they xray him and saw that he had cancer all over in his body. he never showed any signs. he never turned down food or water and he alsways had energy. the doctor stated that he must have had cancer in his brain and that caused the seizures.

i just cant believe that within 12 hrs yesterday i lost my best friend.

this park and trail will never be the same without my boy walking next to my side. i know to day he was walking next to me and his sister. the sky had not one cloud and the tress were blowing and making it so beautiful. it made me cry the whole time we walk it..
Minnee
974057_10152840050655463_654591724_n_zps4e542734.gif

975063_10152840111665463_565979125_n_zps405b781b.jpg

Last edited:

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
So sorry for your loss. I totally feel your pain. I am not looking forward to the day my Shepard passes. :(

FSSNK

Established Member
So sorry for your loss. He is waiting for you and playing and playing until you both reunite.

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
Sorry for your loss bro. There was a saying from a little boy who lost his dog and when asked why he wasn't upset he said he knew why his dog had to leave so early. He said people live long because they have to learn how to love, but dogs are born already knowing how to so they die faster.

nordy racer

Established Member
Sorry for your loss man, the pic with him wearing the shades made me laugh. Looked like a heck of a good dog.

he was amazing. like i stated before he would let you do anything to him (dress him up, pull on his ears, pull his tail) and he would just sit there and love you forever..

nordy racer

Established Member
Lightning is finally home at rest and watching over me. i had a custom plate made for him also.. i truely miss him every minute..

962109_10152859018995463_1533388969_n_zpsa3a97289.gif

973918_10152859018635463_1599622989_n_zps965a37e7.gif

408Fox

Established Member
I went to a pet cemetery once and found this plaque next to one of the graves. This was way back in the woods and apparently very old. This poem was on one of the sites......

Rainbow-Bridge-Poem_zpsb94e9072.jpg

ryanro24

Established Member
I feel for you my friend. I had to put my best friend down on memorial day. I got her in 1999 when I was 13 and we spent the last 13 years together. It's only been a week and I'm still heartbroken. I keep thinking she's laying here next to me. Strange not having her around. I bought a picture urn for her similar to yours. Sorry for your loss.

Noreast

Established Member
Ah shit man :/ just lost my grandmother this weekend not an easy thing at all. My girlfriend has a black lab that I fell inlove with j couldn't imagine having to put her down. Sometimes it's for the better and you can't be selfish and make them suffer :/ sorry for the loss again you will always have those great memories.

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
So sorry for your loss, knew as soon as I read the thread title what it was going to be.

I've had my border collie mix, sergeant, for 8 years now since he was 4 weeks old and he literally goes every where with me. Everyday to work, all car functions, he never leaves my side. I can't imagine what you're going through and my heart goes out to you. I'll never be prepared for when that day comes

Users who are viewing this thread