My new 2021 F150 XLT Supercrew

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
With that OAR you should be good to go. Just a suggestion, although the tuner will allow you to monitor quite a bit, and you can use a laptop to datalog for tune revisions, etc. it is cumbersome to use unless you are getting ready for those revisions. I recently purchased the Banks iDash Supergauge/Datamonster and love it. If you set it up for the Ford ECU, it has what you need and you can run so many different combinations of data on the screens/gauges at once it can be overwhelming. On one gauge I have OAR right at the top as well as other fueling data below. It will datalog as well with a simple SD card and converts it all to .csv. $295.
Do you need more than what the SCT X4 already gives you? The 7015-PG allows 6 monitored selections on the screen at one time. It also datalogs fine for me to get revisions.
Unleashed gave me a config file to use to datalog and i have OAR and a few others monitored to watch what it is doing.

My X4 is mounted right in front of the "oh shit handle" on the driver a-pillar so its within view while driving but out of the way for looking at the road.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Do you need more than what the SCT X4 already gives you? The 7015-PG allows 6 monitored selections on the screen at one time. It also datalogs fine for me to get revisions.
Unleashed gave me a config file to use to datalog and i have OAR and a few others monitored to watch what it is doing.

My X4 is mounted right in front of the "oh shit handle" on the driver a-pillar so its within view while driving but out of the way for looking at the road.
Oh, the tuner is fine for that, I just find it ugly mounted there. Lol, plus I am a data junkie.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Rev 8 tune is in. Truck is a monster. Super happy with the results and Unleashed has been excellent with the tune revisions post datalogs.

Mileage on E30 is hovering right at 20mpg. Not a terrible loss from the 22.7-23mpg i was getting before.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Final E30 revision completed and tune is squared away. Now to start on E50 tuning.:devilish:

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Rev 8 tune is in. Truck is a monster. Super happy with the results and Unleashed has been excellent with the tune revisions post datalogs.

Mileage on E30 is hovering right at 20mpg. Not a terrible loss from the 22.7-23mpg i was getting before.

Got to love Unleashed. Sent them an email at like 11pm EST on a weekend expecting a response Monday. Got a reply back that night. Wanted to say "put the phone and laptop down, relax". One of the few places I've dealt with over the years and vehicles that is on or before schedule.

Have their E30 tune on a 3.5Eco with a 6R. Only complaint is it downshifts when is doesn't need to. 3/4 throttle is often quicker than mashing it. Either way faster than a DD needs to be.

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Got to love Unleashed. Sent them an email at like 11pm EST on a weekend expecting a response Monday. Got a reply back that night. Wanted to say "put the phone and laptop down, relax". One of the few places I've dealt with over the years and vehicles that is on or before schedule.

Have their E30 tune on a 3.5Eco with a 6R. Only complaint is it downshift when is doesn't need to. 3/4 throttle is often quicker than mashing it. Either way faster than a DD needs to be.
I am super curious on how the custom ethanol tune will do at the track. I ran 13.2@102 with 93 and good DA(-600) at MIR.

Thinking this thing would easily get into the 12's but how far with some proper traction and no wheel hop. 12.50's? Id be happy with 12.99 knowing its a daily driven 4 door, 4 wheel drive 6 cylinder pickup truck on street tires.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Keep us updated, curious what it does. I enjoy the Ecoboost engines. No hate for the 5.0 crowd but promised myself "don't **** with it", tune and done. 5.0 has more potential once you drop a blower on it but not what im going for.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Since the Ecoboost sounds like a broken dump truck with an exhaust on it I plan on mine staying with the stock muffler. But the stock tip kinda sucks.

Ford Performance has a nice replacement in 4” with a black chrome finish that goes with the rest of the blacked out exterior theme.
IMG_2667.JPG
IMG_2668.JPG

IMG_2669.JPG

Will get the original cut off a bit and this swapped on this weekend. Should look great once done.

Also, update on the overall look of the truck.
IMG_2666.JPG

Absolutely love this thing.

I do want to swap back to the black tow hooks and change the FX4 emblem to the greyed out version.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

patc84

Established Member

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
im looking into that. but they have a weird offset y shaped tips.
closest i've found so far.
ah...or just get a can of black high temp engine paint and rattle can those bitches

patc84

Established Member
true thought of that as well. but i did want bigger tips to fit the rear valence section. thats why i was looking at swapping tips, but painting is becoming a more viable option.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
After towing the Champ Car Elantra to VIR for the 15th time I've finally figured i want to get a rear sway bar for the F150. Truck tows the trailer/car amazing but a little more rear end stability would be ideal.

Steeda has a nice offering which will more than likely be the #1 choice.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Beefcake to the rescue! Ordered the Steeda 2021+ F150 rear sway bar for an excellent deal. Will document the install when i get it.

Users who are viewing this thread