My new Comp Orange '16 GT Premium - "The Peel"

ThomasL

Established Member
Tom, now you are "that guy"....haha!

I don't blame ya. I told you from the moment I drove mine, how awesome they are.

I also told you, the 13-14 GT500 is my favorite Mustang of all time. For me, it was the engineering and design of the car....BUT, it is still a Mustang. It makes big power stock, but stock and myself don't really get along. When you get a poweradder on that car (which, the engine can handle similar power as your GT500 did) - I think you will only miss the GT500 because it was your first really fast modded car. You will not regret the choice, if you even do now.

Enjoy! Oh and, put those springs on already. Geeze....

No doubt i'll miss the Hellby man. That was definitely a very special car. And like i said, i drove the shit out of it. Maybe not as much as you would have haha. Really happy with the new car though. Springs will be on very soon! And pics of the new stance for sure!

ThomasL

Established Member
Lowered on BMR springs! Love the stance. Not too slammed. I can still make it over speed bumps.

IMG_6784_zpscepshcq5.jpg

Also cleaned up the engine bay with the black JLT tank and got rid of the sound tube.

IMG_6821_zps8yf7lttt.jpg

Aaaaand....mounted my nGauge to the center AC vent. Tune from VMP coming.

IMG_6830_zpssyi6uj0q.jpg

Aaaaand put a GT350 steering wheel on.

IMG_6802_zpsux0bgowf.jpg

Last edited:

ArabianOak

Established Member
HA! That was me you made fun of buddy! I traded my 711RWHP Shelby in on a 15, sold my 15 for a c6z and regretted it so bad I now have a 2016 PP GT!

No regrets and could not be happier! The S550 is by far my favorite...looks, great interior and a super smooth 5.0. Great combo!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Your Mustang looks really good with the BMR springs. Perfect stance IMO. I, too, like those OEM wheels. But the black wheels do look better with the CO paint. :thumbsup:

ThomasL

Established Member
Small update. Had the roof wrapped in gloss black. Installed the GT350 rear valance and Borla sport quad tip cat back. Ordered personalized plates reading "THE PEEL" which should arrive in a month or two. Also ran her up to 135 in the half mile with merely a 93 tune (no intake or nothing). Boost is next for sure. She looks about as good as I could ask. More to come.

IMG_7472_zpske3pt61q.jpg

IMG_7500_zpsib1ldhio.jpg

IMG_7578_zpswsvdcstg.jpg

IMG_7568_zpsocvcqfgm.jpg

IMG_7463_zps3d18p3lc.jpg

Florida-Half-Mile-Race-2016_277__zpsuwvw1pkb.jpg

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks great Thomas. Love the CO. If I bought a S550, it would be the top pick for color, no questions asked.
Who are you going to use for boost? VMP, Whipple?

ThomasL

Established Member
Thanks! Yeah i love the color. Was worried I'd get tired of seeing it but that is not the case after having it for 3 months now. As for boost I'm not sure. Goal is a 9 second full weight pig. I see a couple options that can get me there :)
Looks great Thomas. Love the CO. If I bought a S550, it would be the top pick for color, no questions asked.
Who are you going to use for boost? VMP, Whipple?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
That last photo is Awesome, is it the wallpaper on your laptop OP? AND if you live in West Central Florida I wanna see this thing?

Geno-04

Established Member
Really good looking car! And I'm sure it will end up being even faster then the GT500! In fact I'm willing to bet it will be faster and make more power! Goodbluck with the new car!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks! Yeah i love the color. Was worried I'd get tired of seeing it but that is not the case after having it for 3 months now. As for boost I'm not sure. Goal is a 9 second full weight pig. I see a couple options that can get me there :)

Awesome. Good luck and keep us updated.
VMP is a great choice with BMR suspension.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Best color combo for sure. Looked at the exact same combo last spring but instead pulled the trigger on the 13' GT500.

Happy Modding!

ThomasL

Established Member
Thanks everyone! Getting the headlights/tails tinted this week and some fresh NT05r on the rear for NMRA in a couple weeks :) No boost by then but I still need a good tire! Hope to see some of you there!

Users who are viewing this thread