My Paxton install thread

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Thought I would start a thread of my supercharger install. The kit won't be here until next week most likely but some other parts have started to roll in. Thanks to MYFSTSVT99L I acquired a stock airbox since my Airaid won't fit. Thanks bro! My ID1000's also came in today from Beefcake at TeamBeefcakeRacing.com .

IMG_20120420_131506.jpg

busarich

Established Member
Nice. I am trying to decide between this and the procharger. I have some time though. Saving up for it now.

92hatchlx

Established Member
I was actually dead set on the Procharger P1SC stage II kit and between the price difference and the performance that people are getting out of the Paxton kit you can't go wrong. It's the only brand I have ever ran on my cars. PM Beefcake for prices.

Tx5.0

Established Member
Can't wait to see videos. I'am going back and forth between the Vortech and Procharger kit, but keep leaning on the Vortech haha. Do you plan on installing yourself?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Your very welcome, Glad I could help!

Your gonna love it!

Nice. I am trying to decide between this and the procharger. I have some time though. Saving up for it now.

Less money, bigger intercooler, more power potential!

Paxton 2200 FTW!

03Cobra1979

Established Member
Subbed.. I am pretty sure Beef earned my business today. But I am going to wait a few days before ordering. I am really kicking around this kit and a Procharger Stage 2 kit. I have always had prochargers and I love the sound they produce with a race valve.

Anyway I just subscribing to see how your install goes since I will most likely be doing this in a few weeks.

92hatchlx

Established Member
Thanks! It is day 7 as far as business days since I ordered. It should be shipping soon Hopefully I will have plenty of time to play around with it before I have to go back on deployment in mid May. This will be my second Paxton supercharged 5.0 (other was a 1992) and they haven't done me wrong yet. Have you listened to some of the paxton bov videos on youtube? Sick sounding.

92hatchlx

Established Member
Paxton's website says that some CAIs will mate up to the Paxton intake. Does anyone know which CAIs will work?

92hatchlx

Established Member
Also, my Lund base tune was e-mailed to me last night via Beefcake. I collected all the random tools and shit that I will need for the install. Just waiting on the Paxton kit. The anticipation is killing me.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Subbed.. I am pretty sure Beef earned my business today. But I am going to wait a few days before ordering. I am really kicking around this kit and a Procharger Stage 2 kit. I have always had prochargers and I love the sound they produce with a race valve.

Anyway I just subscribing to see how your install goes since I will most likely be doing this in a few weeks.

did you say blowoff? I added a 2nd one inline on my setup

E85 and Blow Thru Startup.wmv - YouTube

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Also, my Lund base tune was e-mailed to me last night via Beefcake. I collected all the random tools and shit that I will need for the install. Just waiting on the Paxton kit. The anticipation is killing me.

Set to ship by Monday. I'll keep you updated with tracking #'s!

:)

03Cobra1979

Established Member
Well, I did pick up a Paxton kit. It was not from Beef even though I recommend everyone to call him. His pricing CAN NOT be beat.

I had a local guy take off his paxton kit and put on a Roush 2300. so I picked the kit up with 1,100 miles on it for $3,000.00 even. It was professionally installed and removed by a very reputable local shop so I feel good about the purchase.

I think I will start wrenching this weekend if I get the motivation.

92hatchlx

Established Member
Can anyone post pics of the trimming that they had to do on the fan shroud, front valance and the splash shield?

92hatchlx

Established Member
Small update. After speaking with the numerous vendors on the website and seeing who could get me the best price on a set of colder plugs, Aeroforce Interceptor single gauge (with blue display and the black face with the 5.0 emblem), 3.5 bar map sensor (for boost sensing) and a roush vent pod, Van at Revan Racing pulled through. I ordered these today after speaking with him on the phone for a bit. What a great guy to work with! Van will be getting my business again.

92hatchlx

Established Member
Also, Beefcake informed me that the Paxton kit shipped yesterday and according to the tracking should be here mid-day Thursday. Going to start the tear down Thursday morning, hoping to have it done later that evening and hopefully get the tune dialed in on Friday!

Users who are viewing this thread