My Paxton install thread

RusWolf

Established Member
Polished head unit looks great man !

I like my paxton, it took me a little but to make things work because for some reason paxtons tune did not like my car. But after custom tuning the car is a beast.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
IMG_20120507_120314.jpg

IMG_20120507_120302.jpg

92hatchlx

Established Member
Nope. I called UPS and they had no idea why it was sitting at the distribution facility. They guaranteed it would be here tomorrow... I won't hold my breath. At least it is in the same state as me.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Nope. I called UPS and they had no idea why it was sitting at the distribution facility. They guaranteed it would be here tomorrow... I won't hold my breath. At least it is in the same state as me.
that would piss me off! the customer service center here isnt far from my house but they wont let you pick it up unless they have attempted a delivery.

92hatchlx

Established Member
it's probably an hour and a half away from me. I'm sure it will get out here tomorrow. UPS guy usually comes at 1130.

92hatchlx

Established Member
Polished head unit looks great man !

I like my paxton, it took me a little but to make things work because for some reason paxtons tune did not like my car. But after custom tuning the car is a beast.

Thanks! I am glad I opted or the polished kit. I completely bypassed Paxton's tune and injectors and Beefcake set me up with a custom tune from Lund and a set of Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors for a great price.

92hatchlx

Established Member
Got her fired up! No leaks or anything thus far. I took my time with the install so I'm not expecting any surprises. I sent Jon Lund/Ken Bjonnes the data log for the idle and I am just waiting for a revised tune. I haven't driven it yet but it seems to idle decently on the base tune. Hopefully I will get something back from them today so I can feel safe driving to work tomorrow. Won't be getting into boost until I get it tuned unless we can do a remote tuning session on the street today or we can set up a remote tuning session on the dyno today (doubtful).

steveofiveo

Established Member
Glad to hear that it runs. I am following this thread (your paxton install) very closely because I'm in the market for one. Let us know how it runs on the dyno and the street. Congrats again ! ! !

S

MYFSTSVT99L

Ingot 2012
Established Member
Well it all came together very nice. Now send me some links via text so I can hear that baby run.

92hatchlx

Established Member
I'll keep you guys updated. Just got an e-mail from Ken saying that he got the data log and will be speaking with me this evening. We're shooting for a dyno appointment on Friday.

NickSezz

Established Member
Looking good! This is the kit I am eying up. Can the Steeda CAI be used up to the mass air housing? And, is this a self contained oil unit like the V3?

92hatchlx

Established Member
Looking good! This is the kit I am eying up. Can the Steeda CAI be used up to the mass air housing? And, is this a self contained oil unit like the V3?

Yes, the SL in Novi 2200SL stands for self lubricated. It's really nice It has a 3 ft stainless braided draine line that you can route to the bottom of the vehicle. It looks like all I would need is a pipe to connect the big plastic intake piece and my Airaid CAI box. Not sure what the steeda looks like.

NickSezz

Established Member
2011-50-cold-air-intake-850.jpg

Looks like it would work due to the mass air housing location and connection being similar to the stock configuration. Other CAIs are a one piece design.

This looks like the rout I will go, but I am looking into running a waste-gated setup if possible :rockon:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
nick, a regular cai will not work as the inlet is at the blower, not the intake, vortech / paxton make a cai to go with the kits vs the oem box.

jlt also has one as well

i can get you either

beef

NickSezz

Established Member
nick, a regular cai will not work as the inlet is at the blower, not the intake, vortech / paxton make a cai to go with the kits vs the oem box.

jlt also has one as well

i can get you either

beef

Ah, I see. That is good to know. I'm just not a fan of the closed box look...

I don't want to hijack the thread so, carry on!

Bud

Established Member
Where are you going for dyno time to tune it in? Curious to see what this puts down

Users who are viewing this thread