My Paxton install thread

acrbill

Established Member
I am definitely looking forward to hearing about the install. I have hear that it requires a bit of cutting.

acrbill

Established Member
I thought you had to cut up a coolant line or something. I must have heard wrong.

How is the intercooler setup for the Paxton?

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
I thought you had to cut up a coolant line or something. I must have heard wrong.

How is the intercooler setup for the Paxton?

There are some cooling system modifications that you will have to make. It's nothing a monkey couldn't do. Basically re-routing the coolant lines to make room for the blower.

acrbill

Established Member
There are some cooling system modifications that you will have to make. It's nothing a monkey couldn't do. Basically re-routing the coolant lines to make room for the blower.

I remember why I thought this. Some guy was selling a Vortech and he mentioned he had the modified lines to go with the kit. At the price quoted it seems like the best deal going.

92hatchlx

Established Member
It is definitely a great deal. Especially if you don't go with the full kit from Paxton. I did the tuner kit and he set me up with a better set of injectors that will be big enough for whatever I throw at it and a custom tune from Jon Lund/Ken Bjonnes. Can't beat it.

92hatchlx

Established Member
Update! As of tonight I have everything mounted except for the intercooler piping. Whatever dumb ass they have putting these kits together forgot all of the bolts for the overflow tank. Wasn't too big of a deal because I have spare bolts lying around that I used. I was pissed when I discovered that 3 of the 4, 3x3 couplers for the intercooler tubing weren't included. I have no idea where the hell I am going to find anything remotely close to that around where I live. It was after their hours when I found this out so I will be up bright and early again having a little chat with the sales department at Paxton. I need this car running by Tuesday, hopefully they will over night this shit so it gets here on Monday. In the mean time I will put the injectors in and do some other stuff to help finish it up. Other than the missing parts everything is going together well. Will post pictures tomorrow.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Update! As of tonight I have everything mounted except for the intercooler piping. Whatever dumb ass they have putting these kits together forgot all of the bolts for the overflow tank. Wasn't too big of a deal because I have spare bolts lying around that I used. I was pissed when I discovered that 3 of the 4, 3x3 couplers for the intercooler tubing weren't included. I have no idea where the hell I am going to find anything remotely close to that around where I live. It was after their hours when I found this out so I will be up bright and early again having a little chat with the sales department at Paxton. I need this car running by Tuesday, hopefully they will over night this shit so it gets here on Monday. In the mean time I will put the injectors in and do some other stuff to help finish it up. Other than the missing parts everything is going together well. Will post pictures tomorrow.

i'll see what I can get done for you

beef

92hatchlx

Established Member
Some crappy cell phone pics. Waiting for a pipe they forgot to include. Hopefully it will be here Monday.

FB_IMG_13360556570069477.jpg

IMG_20120503_093438.jpg

FB_IMG_13360583879405754.jpg

(This came out of the radiator, quite a bit of casting sand and soft rubbery feeling black shit)

IMG_20120503_112111.jpg

IMG_20120503_113242.jpg

IMG_20120504_195247.jpg

IMG_20120504_195456.jpg

IMG_20120504_203035.jpg

92hatchlx

Established Member
Thanks! Can't wait to get it started. I will take some video when I get my missing parts in and get the tune dialed in. I thought the trimming was going to be a headache but it turned out to be pretty easy. Very time consuming depending on what tools you have at your disposal. I made pretty short work of it with a small hacksaw and a dremel.

92hatchlx

Established Member
Thanks for the clarification Beef. Still waiting on UPS to drop this damn pipe off. It was sent via UPS on Friday using next day air and has been sitting in Commerce City, CO since Sunday. Not sure what the point is in next day air if they can't keep their word on it. It is such a tease to go out to the garage and look at this car being 99.99% complete.

Users who are viewing this thread