My TT build, built motor - 2013 GT

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
No huge news here. Injectors are here. DW 1500's. Won't be running out of fuel! Intake gets here today, turbo and charge pipe end of week for powder coat! Motor in this weekend. image.jpg

JTS_7

Established Member
No huge news here. Injectors are here. DW 1500's. Won't be running out of fuel! Intake gets here today, turbo and charge pipe end of week for powder coat! Motor in this weekend. View attachment 32711

Not sure if DW injectors have improved over the last couple of years. But man a short time ago there were horror stories everywhere.

Kyle55

Established Member
i checkout the edp kit 5500 is one of the best prices ive seen. Does it some with headers or manifolds or it uses stock headers.
Does the kit include everything except fuel system or did u have to buy other stuff

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
Where did you see 5500 for it?

You'll need to provide your own fuel system. I had my fore system done when I was on the Paxton with wastegate at 10lbs. More of a safety measure, and a foundation for the built motor and turbo I'm doing now.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
I'm going to assume it ties into the factory manifolds similar to JPC's and loops back to the front.

twistedneck

Established Member
Very indycar ish.. 11:1 compression with boost will make a lot of torque. Missed it in the thread do you have a turbo specific cam? i.e. closing the exhaust valve early and all that stuff?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Wear gloves while working with that turbo blanket. You will get fibers in your skin if you don't. Might even get a metal wire prick in your finger.

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
Haha that's what I've heard. Pretty nasty stuff.

Turbo ships tomorrow from precision, and the kit tomorrow as well. Should have it by next week.

Danny @edp is putting some custom touches on my kit. Really looking forward to it. Had some fitment issues with the DW1500's with the adapters hitting the sides of the boss intake or the heads. They're taking care of me and making some custom parts to solve the issue and keep it clean.

After that, it's just wiring the AMS, and getting all the boost mgmt lines run

Users who are viewing this thread