Need help fellas, Need opinions on asking price, Value, etc in Today's Market

93Cobra#2097

Proud Cobra ***** #2097
Established Member
Guys, Opinions welcomed! I know market is cruel on these plus its nowhere near stock. It does however, Have a fairly new 351 Windsor plus much more. I just put it on eBay and I need to know what other people think. People in here know what they are talking about More than Ford! ANY kind of criticism is welcomed also. Keep in mind, ALL mods were done in the past 2 years but NOT by me. It IS still a Cobra but is more like a Highly-modified GT. By the way, It has been validated as #2097. Thanks, I appreciate the input!:burnout::shrug:

Last edited:

St8-E

Established Member
Guys, Opinions welcomed! I know market is cruel on these plus its nowhere near stock. It does however, Have a fairly new 351 Windsor plus much more. I just put it on eBay and I need to know what other people think. People in here know what they are talking about More than Ford! ANY kind of criticism is welcomed also. Keep in mind, ALL mods were done in the past 2 years but NOT by me. It IS still a Cobra but is more like a Highly-modified GT. By the way, It has been validated as #2097. Thanks, I appreciate the input!:burnout::shrug:

As far as value...I was always told "there is an a## for every seat"...I have to think that the fact that it LOOKS like a GT will hurt it, also the carburated motor kills it...at least for me...You will have to find the RIGHT person to buy it...and right now...no one seems to have a lot of money to burn on a project...Now if you were to change it back, as far as appearance, and get an EFI system...I am sure someone would scarf it up...but this is only my opinion!

buddha93

Established Member
I hate to tell you, but your in a bad spot with that car. The missing drivetrain and EFI are bad enough, but to add insult to injury 99% of what makes the car "look" like a Cobra is missing.

The market has been sucking wind for some time now and yours is going to be a tough sell...........you'll be lucky to kick it out the door for $5k IMO. I'm just trying to be honest, not a dick. When guys go looking for these cars, they look for certain things, and unfortunately the only thing your car has is the correct VIN.

This is what is out there close to your price range, and what people are looking for in these cars:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/cobras-buy-sell-244/745784-1993-mustang-black-cobra.html

Realistically, unless you have most of the OEM parts to restore it, that car is too far gone to make it appealing to anyone looking for a Fox Cobra.

All that being said, GLWS.

93Cobra#2097

Proud Cobra ***** #2097
Established Member
Thanx! Yea, I saw that one on here. I got a good deal on it from a friend and it is fast and reliable, Its not beat up by any means so I know some young kid is gonna grab it. Cobra, 5.0, To a kid, Its just fast! What do you think about value of the 351 Windsor. It is like new with 10,300 miles on it w/ receipts for alot of the upgrades. Keep the comments coming!
Please DO NOT worry about offending me! Its a Car! And, If you are taking the time to reply, I am taking the time to listen! Rough words or not, I can handle it! You have NOTHING on my Wife!!!lol.....BUT TRUE THOUGH!

Last edited:

red95gts

Established Member
Ouch. You're in a bad spot with that one. If I were you, I'd jump on the first offer that starts with a 4 and be ready to settle for something that starts with a 3.

Best of luck

93Cobra#2097

Proud Cobra ***** #2097
Established Member
Thanks for the opinion. GT's are going for more than 3-4 and I have 11k in receipts starting 8/20/08. 11,500 miles total since that date. Car is not beat up or abused in any way, And runs and drives great. Smokes stock Cobra's! I smoked my father in laws 93 badly, with different drivers even. I laugh when these young kids think the newer it is the faster! These 93's change the way you look at cars. Since I owned it, I am on here and everywhere almost daily. Darrell, I can see and heard you know your stuff! Thats why I asked! I know its worthless as a Cobra but even with GT prices, 4-5 I think is my best. Keep em comin! Hell, Maybe it IS Best to part her out now that she is a "lost cause"! I have ALL the upgrades listed on ebay with the 351. Runs, Shifts, Drives GREAT. Nice Aluminum wheels, 2 motors, 2 sunroofs PLUS all of the no-rust panels. The Cowl hood, Glass etc. Actually, Thanks Darrell, Thats what I may just do!

Last edited:

1slohawk

Established Member
Its really hard to say altough it is a 93 cobra it is hard to sell it as one. You have to figure the amount of money it would take to restore it back to being a 93 cobra you could buy a lower mileage car 93 that hasn't been modded, but as said in the tread there is an a## for every seat and you will find a buyer for it. With it being a non efi I'd imagine you will get in the $4500 range imo. I'd spend some time and get the car as cleaned up as you can and take good pictures of it which should really help the sale.

93&99cobrasvt

Established Member
Best of luck man, I would honestly take the motor out and sell it as a roller? I think you could get a decent amount for the motor by itself?
Hey, I understand the riducule you are getting a few years back I bought a 93 Cobra that someone put a 351 out of a lightning in and painted yellow scallops on the front. When I tried to sell it oooohh did i get crap of why did you do that to a 93 Cobra? The idiots on Ebay dont know what they are talking about? if they did they would notice the d in the vin number? I wish you the best of luck I have had 3 93 Cobras and love them.

ceetwarrior

Established Member
Dear god, I just stumbled across this last night. What a poor Cobra and the guy who did that to it should be punched in the mouth.

Like was said above, I'd strip it down and sell it as a roller, for sure. No one wants a f'n carbed motor in these cars. Carbs are for old farts who shouldn't own these cars anyway and people who don't want to spend the money and get things professionally tuned for lack of skills/equiptment themselves. I own carbs too, but in vehicles they belong in, NOT A SUPER RARE 1993 COBRA.

It doesn't matter about receipts, sinking money into that 351 and putting it in that car was a total waste of money.

Sell that 351 for another project and get some money. Sell car as a roller for $4k (??).

Now that I've probably pissed ya off with the sad truth... nothing personal, go easy.

93Cobra#2097

Proud Cobra ***** #2097
Established Member
Guys, Stop thinking you are going to offend me. I was not the owner who "hacked it", Nor have I myself put any money in this car other than what I paid for it. I'm more looking for the comments and opinions on whats best to do now that it IS this far gone as a Cobra. The short answers aren't helpful unless you plan to elaborate. Like the comment of "looks beat". What looks beat? Paint? Yea I know that. No rust or dents anywhere. You MIGHT find a small door ding but you would be hard pressed to notice it. If this car had a kit, Hood, And stock wheels put back on it along with paint. It would no longer be questioned if it was a "real Cobra". It would then be the 351 as the issue, Which someone can pull this, sell it, which should pay to restore the stock motor. Stop and picture that, Now, If someone doesn't have 10k to buy the "ideal" Cobra, He could slowly restore it and still be way under 10k. After all, #2097 may be down but not out! It was still 1 of only 4993. It is now and will always be a TRUE 93 Cobra!I just look at it like, This one went through the Foster Care System while yours grew up in the High Society. :lol: I just refuse to part it out when I KNOW there is SOMEONE out there with the time and the dime! I just hope he sees my ad! Once again, I have Zero sentimental attachment to this particular car, I just hate to sell toys! So I will not take offense. I hear good and bad. This car was an investment and believe it or not, I am going to come out ahead. It was by far no "Home Run" as investors say. I would say it is more like a sacrifice bunt, Sometimes Its your Only option!:shrug:

Last edited:

ceetwarrior

Established Member
Well, it's just that the 1993 Cobra world is very picky. These cars were the first of the breed and the last of the fox body's. Very special as you know.

I wouldn't part it out either. But you'll get more for it, and do car more justice if you got all that GT and "other" stuff off of it. Roller is best option.

Or just wait it out for someone else who doesn't know as much about these cars as me or other '93 owners. They can buy it, and think it's wonderful. As far as fox body's go, sure $5.5 isn't bad for it knowing its potential. Even if restored the cars history is tainted. It will certainly never outlive it's history of being molested.

But there is plenty of unmolested 93's out there for collectors to have. Let someone buy this thing and put it back to stock apperance and trick it out with all the catalog goodies they have a budget for, I know I would!! Someone needs to make this snake worthy again and make all the GT owners drool over a rare snake.

Theres nothing like having the SVT cert to your Cobra framed on the wall. Something most Mustang owners don't know anything about.

93Cobra#2097

Proud Cobra ***** #2097
Established Member
Yea drkhrse, I thought about that but you have to reach deep in them pockets! What would be your "cash offer" if you HAD NOT have spent it all?

Last edited:

93Cobra#2097

Proud Cobra ***** #2097
Established Member
I am going to let you guys hear some of the MANY people telling me this is NOT a Cobra. You can say alot of things about this car but no matter what you say, This car, At one time, Was the same as every other 93 Cobra!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread