Need help fellas, Need opinions on asking price, Value, etc in Today's Market

buddha93

Established Member
I am going to let you guys hear some of the MANY people telling me this is NOT a Cobra. You can say alot of things about this car but no matter what you say, This car, At one time, Was the same as every other 93 Cobra!

The VIN will tell you everthing you need to know about any car, including the Cobra. It's not rocket science. Some people just spout off about things they know nothing of.

93Cobra#2097

Proud Cobra ***** #2097
Established Member
I understand your offer drkhrse but I have a local guy who offered me $3800 if I sell today. And, After all of the feedback I've received you would think I would take it but something told me no so I declined. It may just be, That I don't want end this whole Cobra ordeal! Most likely, I am just envisioning 2 guys licking their lips, Waiting for the last 23 seconds to bid and snatch this Snake up! With eBay, You never know who out there is interested in what, And just how deep their pockets are! I priced it at 55 just to set the bar high to bid up to. I would like to ask everyone another Q. What do you think of the actual listing on eBay? I am getting it trailered a couple miles since we have a ton of snow to get it
fully-detailed and then I am retaking the photos of car and I also plan to shoot video to let you hear it run and see the interior.

Last edited:

93Cobra#2097

Proud Cobra ***** #2097
Established Member
Just above salvaged? Due to ground effects and bumper cover being switched out? Has NEVER had an accident! So, According to you, Modifying ground effects calls for a car to be right above salvaged? Needs paint! No body work at all and the interior is probably cleaner than half of the Cobra's out there! Guaranteed! I bought this as an Investment and I am good either way. I appreciate everyone's input, Some posters were very useful! A couple, Not so much but I expected to have a few good, few bad. Very useful site!

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
In regards to Ebay, I'm not a huge fan. 99% of the guys looking are nothing more than tire kickers wanting something for nothing. Very few Cobras sell on Ebay, and even the ones that do, there is no way of knowing if the transaction was ever actually completed or it was a BS auction. The few I've seen as of late sell were no reserve auctions.

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
I would like to contribute an idea of value and what direction you should go with..... Im just lost for words on this one. Sorry.

So to put it simple and the only thing I can say is.....
Take the $3,800 and RUN like you have never ran before and don't look back!

93Cobra#2097

Proud Cobra ***** #2097
Established Member
Well I would think that the Carfax I bought on it before I bought it said NO Issues or accidents. I plan to take alot more pics but this car was looked over by Campbell Ford of Niles and they said that although the effects were obviously the wrong ones, Car had all original and intact structure including both bumper assemblies. It has never been wrecked according to them. I am attempting now to have them fax this info to me. Either way it goes, It has a clean title with no issues found. Very interesting seeing as how a good percentage of the real 93 Cobras on the road now have been stolen and have salvage or rebuild titles, with even more having issues found. For this one to be clean and clear gives someone a solid, rust free template to do whatever you want and it still hold value with a Clear title not salvaged. I dont know about you but salvage means garbage to me. And although she isnt the prettiest, Its still a sibling Cobra to All of yours!lol:poke:

Last edited:

crazydave01

New SVT Poster Child
Established Member
I dont think anyone here is saying it isn't a Cobra. Carfax isn't the end all to tell about accidents. My personal truck was in a accident yet it doesnt show on carfax.

What I meant by beat are the pictures you posted in the classifieds here. The engine bay is dirty and looks like a bunch of high school tech school kids tried to make a race car. It does not look like the person who did the work took pride in it.

In my opinion it is about a 4 out of 10. That is why so many here are telling you your not going to get much out of it. Even though it isnt original if it were done professionally you could get what you want or more. The simple fact is you have a $3 - 4000 car on your hands. And you obviously are offended by what everyone here is saying about that because you are defending it tooth and nail. I mean no offense either it is just my opinion.

93Cobra#2097

Proud Cobra ***** #2097
Established Member
I am not trying to come off defensive. I am just trying to understand things that the usual person has no clue about. I understand the value, I just want to know why and how to get more! Thanks, I really do appreciate it!

Last edited:

93&99cobrasvt

Established Member
If you didnt have insurance on a vehicle and it gets wrecked and there isnt a police report? It wont show up on Carfax. Honestly, I would tear out the motor and sell it seperatly. 93 Cobras bring a premium if they are in good shape and not beat, This car will sell the same as a 93 beat GT would sell forT. I wish u the best of luck and want to kick that kids ass who ruined this 93 cobra haha
Iam glad u didnt spend much on it.

Last edited:

93Cobra#2097

Proud Cobra ***** #2097
Established Member
I just want to assure everyone that cares, If any, That the auction for this car on eBay is legitimate and the buyers are screened and cancelled if suspicion of non-paying bidders. I have sold several autos on eBay, Of course, Never a 93 Cobra. With anything on eBay, Its a toss up on whether the sale is ever completed. I will let you know what it ends up selling for. It is for sale locally so it may never get to the countdown.

Last edited:

93Cobra#2097

Proud Cobra ***** #2097
Established Member
Thanks Greg, If I were to sell as roller, What should I expect to get out of the drivetrain? And should I sell complete drivetrain or just motor? Should I sell all of the parts separate or package deal? Thanks again!

351W
Holley 650
Pro 5.0 Power Tower Shifter
Tremec TKO 5 Spd Trans
BBK Headers
BBK H-Pipe
Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake
Holley External Fuel Pump w/Filter, Regulator
MSD Ignition
MSD Distributor
Braided Ford Racing hose kit
Smog pump adapter pulley
Balanced Aluminum Flywheel

Last edited:

93Cobra#2097

Proud Cobra ***** #2097
Established Member
At first, After talking to some Hard-Core, Serious 93 Cobra owners, I would never even consider parting this Cobra out as an option. At this point, I am considering parting it. I would think I would be respected for trying my hardest and possibly taking less money, In the hopes that there may be a guy out there with the time that is looking for a clean title Cobra for a project. I was refusing to let this car die as a Cobra, She may be on Life Support now, But she may recover. Not likely, But I have faith and I respect everyone that takes the time to help me see if we can help this sickly Cobra. I plan to keep this thread updated just so that everyone can use this sale as a ruler for the Cobra's out there that are walking the tight rope. It should sell on eBay as I have had several successful Auto & RV auctions on eBay. All bidders are contacted by phone and if info cannot be validated, Their bid is canceled. I have talked with the current high bidder and it is a guy that has supposedly had a red one years ago and sold it. He said it was bone stock and he always wanted to mod it but couldnt bring himself to do it. He said a few of the mods he wanted were already on car. I am going to ask him the build number on his previous 93 he claimed to have to cross-reference his info.

Last edited:

93&99cobrasvt

Established Member
I would say you could probably get 2 to 3k out of the motor? And if you sold the 93 as a roller expect 3 to 4k? Hey sorry you getting alot of crap but I checked out the auction i think your doing fine. What did you get it for, if you dont mind me askin? Good luck friend

Thanks Greg, If I were to sell as roller, What should I expect to get out of the drivetrain? And should I sell complete drivetrain or just motor? Should I sell all of the parts separate or package deal? Thanks again!

351W
Holley 650
Pro 5.0 Power Tower Shifter
Tremec TKO 5 Spd Trans
BBK Headers
BBK H-Pipe
Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake
Holley External Fuel Pump w/Filter, Regulator
MSD Ignition
MSD Distributor
Braided Ford Racing hose kit
Smog pump adapter pulley
Balanced Aluminum Flywheel

93Cobra#2097

Proud Cobra ***** #2097
Established Member
I do not mean to come off defensive, I just want all info to be considered and I am remembering or checking car as I go. In an earlier comment, I overreacted to a comment that I felt was a comment on me and Not the actual car. I apologize to that user he knows who he is no need to elaborate as we both have removed comments. It is just that I knew very little about Mustangs, Let alone the 93 Cobra! My brother had 3 GT's when we were younger and I thought Mustang's were the Ultimate ride. Never knowing of the actual love and passion some people have for their cars. I did kind of fall for this beer goggles Car, But at least breaking up wont be hard to do! I respect you fellow 93 Cobra owners and even though mine isn't nothing to call home about, It kind of makes me feel like I'm 16 again in terms of wanting to detail it and take pride in it. I WILL have a STOCK or close to it 93 Cobra again someday! I will be back!!! Thanks again fella's!

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
If it were car to mess with, selling it whole would be preferred. But as mentioned, I'd pull the 351 and all the carb stuff with it and sell the OEM block (whatever condition it's in) with the car as number on the block will match the last part of the car's VIN. If all of the Cobra specifc body panels where there you could maybe pull $4000 out of it with the tranny, so you'll be looking south of that price. $3000 maybe?

After that, I would think you could possible get another $1500 out of the engine and miscellaneous stuff. So really, I don't see much wiggle room here. If your sitting on a legit $3500 bid, I'd just cross my fingers and hope somebody comes in at the last minute and puts it over the $4000 mark.

93Cobra#2097

Proud Cobra ***** #2097
Established Member
Last Question and then I wont bother you guys again!

If you care enough to reply I would appreciate it, If not, Thanks for reading anyways! If you check on the auction, You will see it is @$3110 now that one bidder retracted his bid. High bidder now appears to be a legitimate buyer, Plus I still have the $3800 offer but not for long buyer says. With the amount of time left and the risk of a bogus bidder, I just want to see what the consensus of the room is and make this final decision. I decided to keep her whole(Well, As whole as she was when I got her)
Thanks again guys, You were very knowledgeable. Sorry to show you what looks to be a Crime Scene. She was robbed of her glory and I know its hard to look at but I Know a heck of alot more so the next time I ask you its if I overpaid for my New(To me) BONE STOCK 93 Cobra!!!
Short answers will do. Either "Let her Ride" on eBay, Or, "Take the money and RUN!"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread