Need opinion on my CCW wheels for my Cobra!

Crowe

Established Member
I have 18" CCW D540 series wheels on the car now. I'm not sure I like the look of a deep dish wheel. The quality is excellent and I know it is by far a better wheel, but I am considering going to some AFS 18" replicas. What do you guys think about the CCWs? Keep them or go replicas?

20151018_125227_zpsl70ucojl.jpg

atxjustice6r

Established Member
lol...although 18" AFS do look damn good on a Cobra, and would really complete the "staple" 03-04 Cobra look especially on Comp O. Those CCW's look better, especially since I have never seen them before on a Terminator. They take the FR500 look and bump it up to another level of quality and form. I think they look absolutely sick.

If your wanting a different look, ever considered powdercoating them in some form? Maybe just the centers gloss black, or do the whole wheel but do the rivets orange and add a Comp Orange strip to the outside or even the inside (like I did w/my CCW's but Torch Red) of the lip. Im sure I'll get flamed for this, but PC'ing the face of the wheel orange and leaving the barrels/rivets polished could have potential to be pretty cool. It's worth a photoshop at least.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
question is how much can you get for these, I wouldn't get AFS but if you can find a used set of HREs or Forgeline

oldmodman

Established Member
Keep what you have.

i have 17" AFS right now and I am going to have them powder coated with a translucent gray/black coating over the stock chrome plated finish. They will look like black chrome but slightly darker.

This is on my 2003 Yellow Cobra. If I was going to spend a bunch of money on new wheels I would spring for a set of TF wheels with the wide polished lips.

Zemedici

Established Member
I'd get rid of them for some Classics or Chicanes, that style of wheel just looks sorta weird imo.

I had 18" AFS wheels on my car and I literally did not get one single compliment until I put those wheels on the car, after I did i received probably 5 compliments a week, like clockwork.

CobraLucci

LEO
Established Member
imo i have 18 afs chrome replicas and i recently purchased ccw wheels and to be honest i get tons of compliments on the ccws. But i really like the afs wheels better. I think it just gives it a stout original look. Others have told me the same, so i kept the afs just in case i change my mind.

Comp04svt

Established Member
I would for sure stay with the CCW's. Maybe consider selling those and going with a different design CCW if you are unhappy with those?

IMG_1994_zpsmr8tzgit.gif

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I had 18" saleen replicas from a company called oe replicas. I had the chrome peeling off one wheel within 3 years. They NEVER seen rain or any harsh elements. The company never even replied to my emails.

I also considered buying some AFS cobra replicas, but not to replace my tf wheels.

Comp04svt

Established Member
I would for sure stay with the CCW's. Maybe consider selling those and going with a different design CCW if you are unhappy with those?

IMG_1994_zpsmr8tzgit.gif

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wouldn't change a thing. Those wheels look really good. REALLY good! JMO.

sonicblew

Established Member
i like them! whats the dimensions on them?

polish the lips as good as you can and that will bling them out a bit more. I had brushed center and polished lip TF and that was my favorite look on mine

Users who are viewing this thread