Need Opinion...Touchy Subject

If this was your girl, what would you do?

• Let her do what she wants

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • Insist she find a new stylist and offer to pay the difference in cost of new stylist.

Votes: 23 48.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

16kOrBust

Established Member
If he resembles this character, your concerns might be legitimate.

Edward-Scissorhands-edward-scissorhands-23334011-495-739.jpg

Thursday

Tu ne cede malis
Established Member
There is no right or wrong. Everyone has their own scale for risk vs. reward. OP asked for opinions, OP got opinions.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Do you have a functioning brain in your head? Things like driving, going out in the rain aren't easily avoided. In order to make a living your pretty much guaranteed to have to drive and your probably going to catch a rain storm every now and then. He's talking about things that are easily avoidable. The OP's situation is as simple as his GF finding a different hair stylist that isn't a rump ranger, it requires little to no effort and shes out of nothing and doesn't effect her daily life like not driving or going out in the rain. All she has to do is walk in a different salon and maybe at the most ask some friends of hers for recommendations. It's very simple, but apparently not simple enough for you to understand.

EASILY
avoidable... learn to read.
It was tongue-in-cheek numbnuts. Lighten up.

U.M.

CPRsm

Please stay indoors when it's raining because you might get struck by lightning. Don't fly anymore either because there's a chance of dying in a plane crash. Watch those wet floors at the supermarket, they don't post those slippery when wet signs for nuthin' ya know. Might as well stop driving while you're at it too, you know how many people die in car crashes every day? Fact is while dying in these manners is slim, it is possible. If so easily avoided why the hell risk it? Please stay indoors from now on... :rollseyes

U.M.
You can go outside when it's raining, but I wouldn't play golf. :lol1: I DO wear a seat belt just in case while riding in a car. My kids do wear helmets while riding their bikes. Not going to ask them not to ride their bikes, walk in the rain or ride in a car. Those are daily routines that aren't really avoidable. Having someone with aids wielding a sharp object blindly behind me is. Personally I'd rather die in an accident than slowly of complications of aids to be honest. It's just so easy to avoid I can't see why you would choose not to.

PSM, that shit is funny lol.

This thread is actually getting very interesting. At first it seemed like it was becoming almost a smackdown on the op for even thinking about this situation. Now it is getting better because it is showing a clear polarization of opinions, and at this point there have been some really great points being made for avoiding a situation like this, even though the risk is extremely low. I personally have to side with those that would avoid the situation altogether. This is not due to ignorance of how the virus is contracted, or "living under a rock", or anything like that. This is just too serious of a thing to take a risk with, when you have so many other choices where that risk is easily mitigated. Some risks are nearly unavoidable without out major inconvenience, such as avoiding driving, flying, etc., as there are ways to avoid those, but a freakin haircut definitely does not even qualify as being in the same league, since there are likely 10's of millions of hair stylists in this country, so finding a safer option should be a no-brainer - especially since it bothers the op.:shrug: You guys giving him crap for trying to "control" his girlfriend are clearly missing the point that this situation could affect his life in a very big way, even though she is just his girlfriend, and not his wife. How would you all reply if he were to end up contracting the HIV just from having "normal" relations with his girl because she unknowingly got it from that dude (even if it were a 1 in a billion chance)?:nonono:

This is a great post. :thumbsup:

SVTCobra60

Established Member
What kind of "incident"? "Sorry hun, he meant to curl my hair but his thingy just slipped in my butt."

LMFAO "Honey, I swear to you...I was sitting there, minding my own business....when he started jerkin it behind me! As i turned to confront him about his disrespectful actions, he came in my mouth.........." .........................................."Guess I should have told you this before you stuck it in my ass tonight?"

Shokker88

Established Member
Six years younger than you. See how easy clicking a button is?

It was more of a rhetorical question. You sound like my grandparents. Is you girlfriend allowed to have guy friends or go to lunch with male coworkers?

Last edited:

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
It was more of a rhetorical question. You sound like my grandparents. Is you girlfriend allowed to have guy friends or go to lunch with male coworkers?

Lunch is a public thing. She is not allowed to make him a sandwich in his kitchen while he is cutting her hair. I should reword that. She is allowed to do anything she wants. She can trick herself out on the corner, be a stripper and do cocaine. She just won't be my girlfriend anymore. I do not force her to be with me, so what do you give a ****?

If I have such a crappy opinion, why is my opinion leading the poll.

Shokker88

Established Member
Lunch is a public thing. She is not allowed to make him a sandwich in his kitchen while he is cutting her hair. I should reword that. She is allowed to do anything she wants. She can trick herself out on the corner, be a stripper and do cocaine. She just won't be my girlfriend anymore. I do not force her to be with me, so what do you give a ****?

If I have such a crappy opinion, why is my opinion leading the poll.

I'm not really trying to hate on you. I'm not even saying that I'm right and your wrong or my opinion is better than yours. I would want my wife to find a different stylist too but my wife would have made that decision before I even had a chance to throw my two cents in. I'm just questioning your rules on being around other men. In the end, I don't give a ****. I'm just throwing out my thoughts and opinions on an open thread.

Stangcobra1122

Established Member
PIIHB?
But seriously, I'd let her do what she wants, shes just a girlfriend, change that to wife and then it becomes your place to step in

cobrkilrl

Established Member
Guy's and gal's, there is a 0.1% chance of anyone contacting Aids/HIV from another person unless blood is exchanged between two people. And even if that occurs there is still a 0.1% chance. I work in a Surgical/Trauma ICU and have for 20 years. Over that time I have come in contact with numerous body fluids some that were unavoidable. Before that, I was a Medic in the military when wearing gloves for the most part was not a option. Over the years I have taken care of numerous patients with Aids/HIV that I didn't even know they had it until test results come back day's later. Good hand washing goes a long way. I have never feared taking care of Aids patients and would not in any shape or form refuse to take of him/her with this horrible disease. It boils down to what your taught and what you choose to believe.

Users who are viewing this thread