Need opinions for rims, Competition Orange.

svtcobrar2004

Established Member
I'm indecisive of rims that'll look good on my CO. I don't want chrome because they are heavy. I'm looking into a polished set of rims. I looked into some True Forged and CCW's, but none of their designs really caught my attention that'll look good with CO.

I just want polished rims. I like my rims to shine. I was looking into some stock polished 03-04 cobra rims 17X10.5 for the rear. unless anybody has any opinions? Thanks!

matt87

Established Member
if you cant find anything form true forge or ccw then forget it.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I always thought that the black centers and chrome lips looked good with the comp orange. natev8 had them on his vert for a while and I thought they looked tits

TRBO VNM

stay away from polished wheels unless...

1. You seal them before anything
2. Buy a set that is easy to polish and not a lot of grooves or small open areas.

If you drive your car, polished wheels are a PITA to maintain and keep looking like knew. Chrome wheels are so much easier to maintain and look better, but understand the weight concern.

A compromise would be find a wheel with polished lips and a colored center that you like.

Last edited:

svtcobrar2004

Established Member
stay away from polished wheels unless...

1. You seal them before anything
2. Buy a set that is easy to polish and not a lot of grooves or small open areas.

If you drive your car, polished wheels are a PITA to maintain and keep looking like knew. Chrome wheels are so much easier to maintain and look better, but understand the weight concern.

A compromise would be find a wheel with polished lips and a colored center that you like.

That sounds like a pain in the ass just to keep about 80lbs off the car! For all that trouble I should just wait for TF or CCW to come out with a design that I like or go with wider cobra rims for the rear.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Forgestar CF5. Have them finished raw and then sent to California Chrome.

Wheels will weigh less then 23lbs (9bs less than the OEM chrome stockers).

Comp_04

Established Member
Really want to get some ccw's for mine or true forged also. Here's how mine sits on the 18" afs
agaperes.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like the stock chrome wheels (or AFS like Comp 04's) or black wheels. The setup on this CO Cobra looks really nice IMO.

CO_Cobra.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread