New Server Fund

Matt03Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by SID297
Paypal can be sent to: [email protected]

This will be our new box:

Intel Dual Xeon 2.4 GHz Packages
2 GB RAM - (2) 73GB SCSI Hard Drives
DRAC card or Remote Console (unavailable on BSD systems)
2000 GB Monthly Transfer

Sorry, just have to ask this question. Why are the remote boards unavailible on BSD systems? A remote console is a console is a console(with remote reboot, etc). Our HP/Compaq DL series have these built in. Have you considered those? What brand box are you planning?

BTW, I would like to contribute. I may be able to front the drives also if need be. Let me know.

FordFreak

Established Member
Originally posted by 2005GTSpeed
yeh this aint a pissing contest for benjamins

Oh who cares! If people really wanted to be the one to donate the most that would cause a donation war! haha That would only create more money for the site too!
I dont see a problem.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Originally posted by FordFreak4.6
Oh who cares! If people really wanted to be the one to donate the most that would cause a donation war! haha That would only create more money for the site too!
I dont see a problem.

I'm not the US Gov't, I value people's privacy over any extra revenue I may gain.

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
I'm not the US Gov't, I value people's privacy over any extra revenue I may gain.

Ever hear of the trickle-down theory, Sid? Where any excess money flows from your hands directly into mine? :rolling:

Last edited:

JaKaL

Established Member
Originally posted by SID297 [/i]
... I will be leasing a server from the same company that currently hosts the site. This is a dedicated server that only SVTP will be hosted on. The money will be spent on the setup and transfer fees, and also some of the monthly fees. This new server costs more than double what the current one costs per month.

Leasing for how long?
Just trying to determine ROI and how much to send. The '04 capital IT budget I approved is over $500k and I know 2 things; you can never have too much RAM or HD space.

Oh, and I hate Pay-Pay; where do I send my check?

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Most people call me Sid.

Where'd you get your screen name if you don't mind my asking? I clicked on your profile earlier in the thread and discovered your name was Travis. Before that, I thought it was Sid, too. :-D

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Originally posted by JaKaL
Leasing for how long?
Just trying to determine ROI and how much to send. The '04 capital IT budget I approved is over $500k and I know 2 things; you can never have too much RAM or HD space.

Oh, and I hate Pay-Pay; where do I send my check?

Lease on a month 2 month basis, the check can go to:

Travis Hill
2001 6th Ave Apt 1322
Huntington, WV 25703

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Originally posted by flyn high again
Where'd you get your screen name if you don't mind my asking? I clicked on your profile earlier in the thread and discovered your name was Travis. Before that, I thought it was Sid, too. :-D

It's my nickname and lucky #.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Originally posted by NJCOBRA10thA
All of these are from today, works fine for me, check your spam filters unless you are AOL then you might be SOL.

SVTPerformance Mailer Reply to post 'New Server Fund' Oct 25 1k delete

SVTPerformance Mailer Reply to post 'New Server Fund' Oct 25 1 k delete

SVTPerformance Mailer Reply to post 'GRENADED My STock lower Idler Pulle... Oct 25 1 k delete

SVTPerformance Mailer Reply to post 'GRENADED My STock lower Idler Pulle... Oct 25 1 k delete

SVTPerformance Mailer Reply to post '03/04 SVT Cobra Motorweek Video' Oct 25 1 k delete

dude....some people still get theres fine..mine have been disabled since the big crash back in early feb..it has almost been 1 whole year with no email notifications....soo damn frustrating

NJCOBRA10thA

Really thats my last mod.
Established Member
We are 2/3 there. I am adding 1/3 more to what I gave. If everyone did that we would be at 100%.

Paypal'd another $9.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I get email notifications...but then again, I am a whole lot cooler than you..
Originally posted by VenomousSVT
dude....some people still get theres fine..mine have been disabled since the big crash back in early feb..it has almost been 1 whole year with no email notifications....soo damn frustrating

NJCOBRA10thA

Really thats my last mod.
Established Member
IF I recall correctly I stopped getting in then checked/changed my email address and they worked again. This is going back a while so I am not 100% sure but I think that's what happened.

BTW I just posted a Silver AC Gauge Cover for free if you make a new donation to SVTP.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Oh, and why stop at $1200? Why not get everything the way it should be so we don't have to worry about it for a while?

Just a thought. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread