New to me F250

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I had to come up with something to replace the new Ranger I had purchased last month. After a lot of thought and going back and forth between a newer Lariat F150 (markup is $6,000 in my area) or a F250, I was getting ready to settle on the F150 given the circumstances of what the car market is and ordering banks aren't open for 250's...plus the wait.

At the last minute I found this preowned 2022 F250 with only 7,000 miles, gold certified, for sale.
No mud residue, mostly dusty with cobwebs. Just the way I like my preowned vehicles.

The dealership gave me $1000.00 less than what I paid on the Ranger so I was fortunate there. I was willing to pay for what I wanted this time around considering the very low markup they had on it compared to others within a 100 mile radius.

Anyway, first F250, first diesel, and me and my wife are in love with this truck!
23.6 mpg @ 75mph for most of the trip home
Our annual mileage is around 9,000 miles. Should last us for years to come.
My '08 F150 bought new has 117,000 miles, 14 years old but I don't wanna push the envelope

2022 Star White F250 Lariat with Lariat Value Package AND ALLLLLL THE TORQUE :)

20220806_160817 (1).jpg

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2nCWqvv] 20220807_155313 by airassault13F, on Flickr[/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2nCXFZa] 20220807_155246 by airassault13F, on Flickr[/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2nCXFXX] 20220807_150518 by airassault13F, on Flickr[/URL]

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations, Pete, that's a really nice/clean F-250. I like the white paint, and that is a rich looking interior.

So true about the current auto market being so crazy.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
use fuel additive in every tank to protect the CP4. A few bucks to prevent a potential $15,000 repair.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
ram or not, they all use bosch pumps which werent designed for US spec low sulfur diesel. There have been too many failures at this point to risk running without additives

Why are the Fords not failing at the rate of the Ram-installed pumps?

Correct answer: Because the Ram pump is overclocked causing it to work harder than the other brands.

The CP4 doesn't fail because of low sulfur diesel. It fails because of it's design and no "additive" is going to correct it's design short-comings. Ram overclocking the pump to produce higher PSI only exacerbated the problem.

The CP4 piston is not "located" in it's bore allowing it to spin within the bore. There is a roller bearing at the bottom of the CP4 piston that, when spun, becomes perpendicular with the cam that actuates the piston. Once this happens, the roller bearing cannot roll and the pump eats itself.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
ram or not, they all use bosch pumps which werent designed for US spec low sulfur diesel. There have been too many failures at this point to risk running without additives

always wonder if shit like this somehow gets overlooked or they just decide that most pumps will outlive the warranty and **** the consumer. Even with our corporate discount at Ford it still ran us north of 12k when the pump went. No signs of water in the fuel, water separator always basically empty (checked every oil change).

Users who are viewing this thread