New Track pics at Buttonwillow raceway

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Love your car! Wheels, too. That must be an absolute blast. That is one track experience I've never done. Must be overall much more gratifying than a drag strip. :)

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
you said 305 nittos. i assume you meant the 315 NT05s? hopefully not 555Rs lol

i went with MPSS and i could not believe how well they gripped on the track. only broke loose once when i tried to take a tight corner just too sharp. i ran 285/35/20 and 295/35/20. awesome on the street, rain and on the track. cost about same as R888s.

101blur

Established Member
Wow, I have to say those white Stangs look down right AWESOME. Well done guys, and way to go getting them on the track!

Thank you good sir I never thought I would buy a White mustang but it has grown on me a lot. LOL

Love your car man and shoot me a PM when you head to thunderhill. I just had wrist surgery so I won't be out there for the next month or so but after that its game on, my wife is out there more than I am so maybe I can meet a fellow SVTP'er on the track

I will indeed would be nice to have another fellow mustang on the track with me as most of the track guys I know are euro/import so can be harder to compare results off such different cars

Awesome. Your car looks great.

Love your car! Wheels, too. That must be an absolute blast. That is one track experience I've never done. Must be overall much more gratifying than a drag strip. :)

I like the drag race seen but the autocross road race events are far more rewarding then the 1/4 mile pass. at least to me. but can far more punishing on the car entirely suspension/engine/brakes/tires/body
I would say all car enthusiast should experience the limits of there car on a track as you will never or rarely find it on a street environment.

you said 305 nittos. i assume you meant the 315 NT05s? hopefully not 555Rs lol

i went with MPSS and i could not believe how well they gripped on the track. only broke loose once when i tried to take a tight corner just too sharp. i ran 285/35/20 and 295/35/20. awesome on the street, rain and on the track. cost about same as R888s.

Steve I run the Nitto NT05 275/30/20 fronts and 305/30/20 rears 20x9.5 and 20x11 at 36psi on the track. But I want to go to 20x10 and 20x11.5 and run a 285 front and a 315 rear but I have a feeling I will be pushing my limit on the tire widths and rim
The MPSS is a great tire and Like the reviews I here at the Time the MPSS where not avaible in the current dimensions I run but are now. Still leaning towards the Toyo R888 as they seem to prove as a amazing Track tire that can be driven on the street.

kaz109

Established Member
Thanks Homie

Really need to get you out there with me you will be addicted instantly

hahahaha..I guess I should've told you I will be tracking my C63 and my wife will be in her M3 ....but I plan on picking up a GT350 upon release

cali_kr

King of the Road
Established Member
Awesome boss man, I'm shooting for thunder hill next time only went to button willow cause I had a great deal from a buddy of mine (free) and I trailered my car down. But I don't see my self doing that again anytime to soon its a hassle. I think the issue with my car at laguna and Sears point is the noise level my car is very loud. That's also why I went to button willow as they have no noise constraint.

Free is good, thats my favorite price...lol

I hear ya (pun intended) about sound at Laguna. Our group is well respected by the folks that run LS, they gave us an UNLIMITED SOUND day back in Sept.

We run Sears a bunch, and have never had any sound issues with any car. I drive my KR there, and it breaks a 100 on the sound meter easily.

I run Nitto NT-01's on both the B2 and the KR, and they work real well.

Heres one from Sears this past August. You should definitely keep your eye on our run calendar

Motor on,

GBM50663_zps88a2de89.jpg

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Thank you good sir I never thought I would buy a White mustang but it has grown on me a lot. LOL

I will indeed would be nice to have another fellow mustang on the track with me as most of the track guys I know are euro/import so can be harder to compare results off such different cars

I like the drag race seen but the autocross road race events are far more rewarding then the 1/4 mile pass. at least to me. but can far more punishing on the car entirely suspension/engine/brakes/tires/body
I would say all car enthusiast should experience the limits of there car on a track as you will never or rarely find it on a street environment.

Steve I run the Nitto NT05 275/30/20 fronts and 305/30/20 rears 20x9.5 and 20x11 at 36psi on the track. But I want to go to 20x10 and 20x11.5 and run a 285 front and a 315 rear but I have a feeling I will be pushing my limit on the tire widths and rim
The MPSS is a great tire and Like the reviews I here at the Time the MPSS where not avaible in the current dimensions I run but are now. Still leaning towards the Toyo R888 as they seem to prove as a amazing Track tire that can be driven on the street.

ah gotcha. was thinking 35 profile.

you can run 10 and 11.5 on that car. we've put them on. as long as the car isnt too low. like mine lol. but then i can adjust at the push of a button :D

what suspension do you have?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member

I hear ya (pun intended) about sound at Laguna. Our group is well respected by the folks that run LS, they gave us an UNLIMITED SOUND day back in Sept.

We run Sears a bunch, and have never had any sound issues with any car. I drive my KR there, and it breaks a 100 on the sound meter easily.

Heres one from Sears this past August. You should definitely keep your eye on our run calendar

Motor on,

GBM50663_zps88a2de89.jpg

whoa! a KR being tracked! you sir are a pariah! lol love seeing a KR being used like it was designed to be used! :beer:

id love to try LS some day. hopefully one day i will. my car is LOUD as well but i still have my stock mufflers in case i get a ticket or whatever.

101blur

Established Member
hahahaha..I guess I should've told you I will be tracking my C63 and my wife will be in her M3 ....but I plan on picking up a GT350 upon release

Ahhh nice collection oh man I do want a gt350 only car i think Iw ould sell my current mustang for but will have to wait I need to see one in person.

Motor on,

GBM50663_zps88a2de89.jpg

Thats one badass.. Thats good to know you guys get those days not worrying about a black flag. I really need to join your group.

ah gotcha. was thinking 35 profile.

you can run 10 and 11.5 on that car. we've put them on. as long as the car isnt too low. like mine lol. but then i can adjust at the push of a button :D

what suspension do you have?

Steve that's good to know 35series is to tall for me on a 20" wheel in the 305 up widths my current setup is Koni sports with Ebach sportlines so the car is low eventually want to go with Cortex coilovers and come down another 1/4" all around but that's about it. I do run the a bunch of Whiteline suspension stuff that so far seems to work well

Users who are viewing this thread