Niche Line Engine Builders

Fordfourlife

Established Member
Glad to see you on here and Hi from NC we love our car give my props to Dave and Phil!!!

X2! You should show them this thread and tell them to chime in if they would like, would love to hear from any of the builders.

mike69440

Established Member
How do they "sign" the nameplates?

Are the plates stamped or do the have a machine that actually transfers the signature onto the nameplate.

Sparko

Established Member
I have to ask, since I'm the only one who listed them as "Dave and Phil" rather than "Phil and Dave"... What's the order on your signature plaques? Was Dave the lead, as he was for mine, or was Phil the lead? :??:

you are not alone...mine is Dave and Phil as well

aksvt

Established Member
I think they got hammered with questions and decided it was to much work or Ford pulled the plug on it. Maybe someone with intimate knowledge will set the record straight?

By builders are:
Carrie Booth
Chad R Wolak

SignedEngineTagSml_zpsb30236cb.gif

I have the same builders as yours, only the names are reversed on the plate.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have the best engine. I would almost guarantee that mine was built the most meticulously. (By two women).

EDIT: Who is the second name on my nameplate? It looks like "Ann Lemay".

1c517c60-c67e-4414-8677-8897c7222e3a_zps9f51e3fc.jpg

Last edited:

occar

Established Member
Are the plates stamped or do the have a machine that actually transfers the signature onto the nameplate.

They are pretty obviously hand-written and then attached to the valve cover. Probably written with an engraver pen of some type.

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Very cool that someone from the Niche line is on here. I should get a picture of mine soon then

hpcary

Established Member
I have the best engine. I would almost guarantee that mine was built the most meticulously. (By two women).

EDIT: Who is the second name on my nameplate? It looks like "Ann Lemay".

1c517c60-c67e-4414-8677-8897c7222e3a_zps9f51e3fc.jpg
That is Correct! Paula Currier and Ann Lemay.

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
I don't think either of my builder's names are on that list. Am I missing something?

I bought my TR '04 in Sept of '04, so its probably a late production car.

Names appear to be:
Doug Campbell & DJ Kreamer

The second name is kind of hard to read.

engineplate.jpg

engineplate.jpg

Last edited:

dotmpeg

Established Member
I don't think either of my builder's names are on that list. Am I missing something?

Names appear to be:

engineplate.jpg

engineplate.jpg

Cause your car was built almost 9 years ago. :bash:

hpcary

Established Member

Names appear to be:

engineplate.jpg

engineplate.jpg
Doug Campbell and RJ Kreiner. Both retired from Ford now. I love all of the engines but the Terminators have a special spot in my heart. If you haven't seen it yet, check out the book "Iron Fist, Lead Foot". It is the story of the Terminator build and the mountain of issues we had to make that car fly!! Cool stuff!!

hpcary

Established Member
X2! You should show them this thread and tell them to chime in if they would like, would love to hear from any of the builders.
All of the builders are aware now. Chad Wolak is the one that mentioned this forum to me. That is when I registered. Hopefully more of the builders will get on here soon. It is Mustang season and we are working a ton of hours. Along with family, it makes it tough to spend time. Thank you from the whole team for all of the nice comments!

hpcary

Established Member
I have to ask, since I'm the only one who listed them as "Dave and Phil" rather than "Phil and Dave"... What's the order on your signature plaques? Was Dave the lead, as he was for mine, or was Phil the lead? :??:
This is the way it works, The person building on each engine is the first name on the tag. The runner (or support) person is the second name on the tag. Builder means that person runs all of the fastening tools and does all of the torquing on the parts fasteners and does the critical characteristic gaging (front seal, rear seal, crank slinger, etc.). Runner (or support) sets up all of the parts and assists installation of all of the parts as well. Crank, piston and rod assemblies, heads, front cover, cam covers, blower, etc, require 2 people to install. They switch positions on every other engine. This way all of the builders know the entire engine. Build and support. How the fasteners look and feel, how the parts look and feel, how all of the joints look and feel as the parts are installed and torqued.

Users who are viewing this thread