Nissan Titan opinion

GBNFG 03 DSG

Established Member
I an in the market for a used truck, I test drove a F150 and it was ok. A little rough on the idle and the interior was weak at best. It was not a Platinum or lariat. I then test drove a Titan and the interior was ok, but the ride was very smooth. Neither are 4X4 and they are w/in 2k of each other. My question is this. Does any one have any feed back on the Titan? How it holds up, ride quality after 50K and resale value. I know the fords hold there value, so will the titan do the same. Thanks.

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
Almost bought a 05 Titan last month, long story short it got bought as I got to the dealership for a second test drive.

I found the Titan has a great power plant, that makes good hp and tq, while still using regular octane. Has great interior, and the bed has lots of useful accessories. Fairly fast for a full size truck. Handles very well, love the Titans. Down sides are limited body styles, and interior does have plasticky materials that wear.

By far the best bang for your buck in the used truck market!

04sonicbeast

Established Member
My parents bought a Titan new when they came out in 04 and still have it. It's been a great truck with no major problems. I think the only thing was a rear wheel bearing, some solenoid with the gas tank which prevented it from filling it up, and a cracked radiator all which was replaced under warranty. Keep in mind it was the first year of the Titan so the newer one probably are better. It has 85k and still pulls and rides great. as far as resale value it's probably on par with the F150's. longevity probably the same.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I had a 2004 Titan LE and loved it. It had every option except the nav. It was big and comfortable and road fairly well. At about 110k the passenger side cv axle broke but that was an easy fix. Not really much else to say about it. I only had it for 20,000 miles or something but it was a nice truck.

AAG

Established Member
The newest generation f150 is by far the best truck on the market at the moment in every category imo. The Titan is dated and the interior sucks, very little has changed in 8 years.

Last edited:

Planter

Banned
Never driven or owned one, but I have reservations about most Nissan products, so I'd look more at a Tacoma or a Tundra.

plus I think the design of the Titan is pretty hideous, but that's just my opinion.

WOT 88

Established Member
Personally I think the Titan interiors are cheesy as hell. The trucks look nice lifted, but the style is getting dated in my opinion.

2k4Terminator

Established Member
Titan is my work truck... Almost has 200k miles on it, it's a decent truck for what I use it for. Only complaint is Nissan didn't do a good job on cooling etc.. We have 5 Titan's and all overheat after sitting for awhile. But with that said all of them have a ton of miles on them, the majority of the miles are off-road and they just seem to keep going.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
unless its an f150 with a newer powerplant the titan will probably blow it away power wise. just picked up a crew cab f150 with a 4.6 and its as slow as balls :bored: and i see people complain that the 5.4 isnt enough either.

other than the truck is great. rides comfortable and gets decent mpg (since no power). very roomy which is why we took it (inherited it). although i see people complain about the mpg on them though it doesnt seem that bad to me :shrug: have had to replace alternator already and drivers window keeps acting up but there's a quick fix for that on the f150 forum.

oh yeah, also makes this realllly annoying buzzing sound with the engine revs. like its electric or something. kinda embarassing lol.

now i really want an eco-boost crew cab :dancenana:

Jroc

Established Member
Odd. I've driven several Titans and the only thing I think they have on the 04+ F150's(given comparable models) is they are a funner truck to drive. Every 04+ F150 I've driven was a much nicer, and better quality truck that has a way better interior, and is much smoother, and more modern feeling. IMO the Titan is the most Muscle car feeling of the newer 1/2 trucks. Nice peppy motor with a good rumble. The interior is very hard, plasticy though. I haven't driven one in several years though so maybe they've improved.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I know someone who has an F350 and the interior/ride is very nice. And it's a 2008. I would think the newest F150 is even better. Other than the engine advantage with the Nissan, I'd think the F150 would be the better choice. Someone mentioned the Toyota Tundra and Chevy Tacoma. Any reason why you didn't add them to your list of choices? Just curious.

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
I know someone who has an F350 and the interior/ride is very nice. And it's a 2008. I would think the newest F150 is even better. Other than the engine advantage with the Nissan, I'd think the F150 would be the better choice. Someone mentioned the Toyota Tundra and Chevy Tacoma. Any reason why you didn't add them to your list of choices? Just curious.

Is a Chevy Tacoma a new model?! :beer:: :D

Five-ohh-Love

Established Member
The newest generation f150 is by far the best truck on the market at the moment in every category imo. The Titan is dated and the interior sucks, very little has changed in 8 years.

Summed it up.
The titans main target when it came out was the Dodge Ram of that time. Now in almost 2013 its still trying to compete with a 2004 Ram :shrug:

I work at Nissan and they are really not bad trucks at all. They are just not up to date with any other truck on the market. Price is stupid too for one new. We just got one in 2 days ago that is a base model 4x4- 38k lol

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Odd. I've driven several Titans and the only thing I think they have on the 04+ F150's(given comparable models) is they are a funner truck to drive. Every 04+ F150 I've driven was a much nicer, and better quality truck that has a way better interior, and is much smoother, and more modern feeling. IMO the Titan is the most Muscle car feeling of the newer 1/2 trucks. Nice peppy motor with a good rumble. The interior is very hard, plasticy though. I haven't driven one in several years though so maybe they've improved.

I think this sums it up the best.....

Titans are a lot more fun to drive than a F150...Very peppy....Just the interior is very plain.....The Tundra's interior is much better than the Titan's...The newer Ford's is probably the best.
I actually like the looks of the Titan better than the Ford's.

Last edited:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
They are the most hideous trucks ever. I like the F150 but I've always like the sport Ram model as well. I would pick between those two

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Buddy has had one for 3-4 yers now. The thing rips. Intake and cut exhaust off and it would run consistent 14.6s on nittos. His is a fully loaded 2wd truck and i will say it is THE WORST MPG i have ever seen. He has a 32" tire or so on it so nothing huge and it will avg 12 city and 15 highway. For comparison my 04 GAS 2500hd on 37s would get 13-14mpg on the interstate.

AAG

Established Member
Titans are a lot more fun to drive than a F150...Very peppy....

Sounds like you haven't driven a '11+ F-150 with either a 5.0, 6.2, or ecoboost.

My sis just bought a '12 supercrew 5.0 and it only has 3.31 gears, that ****er moves! I could just imagine with the optional 3.73 gears.

RI GT500

Established Member
Ford has had the best selling trucks for 35 years for a reason. My brothers Ecoboost is a great truck all around, power, mileage etc. With a Bully Dog tuner only out pulls v-10's, 454's, and 460's in street gas class. Marcotteford.com

Users who are viewing this thread