Nitrous Outlet Hardline Plate kit tested:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I wonder if we can get the NX rep to chime in. I would rather run this kit because of how concealed it is, but it aint worth hurting my motor

Contact them an ask an then post up the info I'm sure there are others that want to know.

02reaper

Established Member
It was a custom dry kit that I built myself. Ya, I switched to an NX plate kit recently.

I don't want to muddy up this thread any more than I already have. Feel free to PM me with more questions though :beer:

Shaun's asked you to post your logs or email him your logs, someone else in this thread has asked you to post them up, I've asked you to post them up in another thread and I have pm'd you and asked you to email them to me and still nothing from you. You were all on someone's nuts about this until it was your turn for proof, so where are these infamous logs you have?

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Shaun's asked you to post your logs or email him your logs, someone else in this thread has asked you to post them up, I've asked you to post them up in another thread and I have pm'd you and asked you to email them to me and still nothing from you. You were all on someone's nuts about this until it was your turn for proof, so where are these infamous logs you have?

I'm not on anyone's nuts. I've been busy and haven't had a chance to send the csv files. You PMed me and specifically asked to email you logs to show that there are no fuel pressure drops which I thought was odd. The lean spike would not be a result of a pressure drop as the stock pump is more than adequate for these baby sized nitrous shots.

I'll send both you and Shaun a couple different pulls shortly.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
I think the lean spike myth is completely over-hyped...there are many, many people running the NX plate and nozzle kits sucessfully and running ZEX kits sucessfully on these cars, and for years. I've put quite a bit of nitrous through my car as well, real world testing at the track. Anyone thinking about spraying their car with a wet kit with a shot of 150 or less should not have any worries IMO, the most important thing is the tune so chose your tuner wisely. I use Chris at BBR, he has tuned many nitrous cars and knows his stuff!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I think the lean spike myth is completely over-hyped...there are many, many people running the NX plate and nozzle kits sucessfully and running ZEX kits sucessfully on these cars, and for years. I've put quite a bit of nitrous through my car as well, real world testing at the track. Anyone thinking about spraying their car with a wet kit with a shot of 150 or less should not have any worries IMO, the most important thing is the tune so chose your tuner wisely. I use Chris at BBR, he has tuned many nitrous cars and knows his stuff!

im not sure why you guys seem to not understand. no one said the other kits do not work. what has been reported is that the other kits show lean spike which in term could issues with the motor down the road. does not mean they will cause issue. its just a concern people should be aware of when using NOS, on the new 5.0s. im glad your kit works great. so off hand do you have any data logs that show there is or isn't lean spikes on the kit you are using?

Need4Speed03

Established Member
im not sure why you guys seem to not understand. no one said the other kits do not work. what has been reported is that the other kits show lean spike which in term could issues with the motor down the road. does not mean they will cause issue. its just a concern people should be aware of when using NOS, on the new 5.0s. im glad your kit works great. so off hand do you have any data logs that show there is or isn't lean spikes on the kit you are using?

I actually understand clearly...the picture that is being painted in this thread is that all other kits have lean spikes and therefor aren't safe because they do not work properly.

You speak of a lean spike possibly causing issues down the road...can you (or anybody) show one example that an initial hit milisecond "lean spike" caused dammage on a new 5.0? (if infact the infamous over-hyped lean spike does exist with specific kits)

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
The kit I'm currently running arrives at commanded fueling within 100rpm of the time it takes for the motor to arrive at commanded fueling on the n/a tune.

I'm honestly not sure why the initial log had the characteristics that it did, but there's a lot more to it than appears on the surface.

How is the kit wired? What is the trigger for it to spray? Is it mechanically or electronically controlled? etc etc

04compgt

Established Member
I am not here to take over the thread but I want to explain a little bit about what I have seen with my car. I just started experimenting with a small sized shot on my car and will be gradually upping the shot as time permits to try and chase a single digit slip with bolt ons and nitrous. I currently run a simple single nozzle dry kit on my car with 0 issues on the datalogs for lean spikes, etc. I do all of the tuning on my car myself and know very well how to read a datalog, what some of you might not know is that these cars on the initial hit actually have a rich spike on N/A form without nitrous, mine goes to .76 to be exact on a .83 commanded WOT for N/A. On a 75 shot this initial hit goes to .76 and then goes to .79-.80 which is what I command at WOT on the nitrous. So in a short explanation there should not be a lean spike with any kits as long as the car is tuned properly. (I run e85 and nitrous as well, so my car may be different than a pump gas nitrous car as far as fueling goes)

I will be more than happy to provide datalogs to anyone that wants it.

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

Thanks for the logs Justin, unfortunately there were not enough parameters logged and not enough data to make any accurate assessments. I sent back details along with an example log, but I know you are no longer using the NX plate kit.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Thanks for the logs Justin, unfortunately there were not enough parameters logged and not enough data to make any accurate assessments. I sent back details along with an example log, but I know you are no longer using the NX plate kit.

Thanks for the email Shaun. The logs I sent were from the dry kit and wet kit both. I'm still running the NX plate kit so I can still try and get some logs when I have the chance.

My only concern is that you asked for a large amount of parameters to log at the same time. Do you have a recommendation for how to log that many without the logger freezing up? It seems like 6-7 parameters is the max without the software freezing up. The computer is more than up to the task as it's an intel [email protected] processor with 4 gigs of ram and it is used exclusively for tuning/logging.

I use the latest livelink software from the SCT website.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Thanks for the email Shaun. The logs I sent were from the dry kit and wet kit both. I'm still running the NX plate kit so I can still try and get some logs when I have the chance.

My only concern is that you asked for a large amount of parameters to log at the same time. Do you have a recommendation for how to log that many without the logger freezing up? It seems like 6-7 parameters is the max without the software freezing up. The computer is more than up to the task as it's an intel [email protected] processor with 4 gigs of ram and it is used exclusively for tuning/logging.

My brand new laptop I have has been haveing the same problem logging more then 6-7 PIDS at a time without it freezeing up and reading 0 or negative on a couple pids.

-Thomas

badams03

Established Member

I'm curious of how to log more parms as well. I have had this issue with SCT logging too. Doesn't matter how powerful the computer it is attached to it, but it will lag with just a few parms.

Shaun@AED

Are you using the latest Live Link Gen2 (version 2.16)?
With my 2 year old laptop I have no issues and typically higher resolution than I saw in your logs.

I'll send over a full list of parameters to log in a few min.

Users who are viewing this thread