NX with BBR tune vs N.O. with AED tune?

Nitrous Outlet

Established Member
Shaun@AED;13359287 The interesting thing is both the NX and NO plates have the Solenoids on the TB plate said:
Shaun, there is a huge difference between our plate set-ups, not just in the design, but flow characteristics. Our jet placement makes a huge difference in when the phase change occurs on the nitrous.

Last edited:

Nitrous Outlet

Established Member
A few things:
1) The NX is the only kit to mount the noids on the plate. Every other kit, NO included, mounts the noids remotely and runs either hardlines or stainless steel lines.
2) Generally speaking, nitrous always arrives to the cylinders before the fuel resulting in a small lean spike. 1000psi vs 55psi; 1000psi wins the race every time. Unless the lean condition lasts for an extended period of time, this is not normally a concern. The only way to address it is to shorten the fuel line between the noid and the fogger or plate so the distance the liquid has to travel is shorter than the nitrous.

I agree on the tuning changes though. Dry kits, especially on these copperhead ecus, require a lot more finesse to have them work correctly.

Direct comparison pictures:

NO Kit:
00-10145-10_2.jpg

NX Kit:
20948-10.jpg

And the Nitrous Outlet system come with a billet high flow valve that has a much larger inner I.D.

Infographic_1.jpg

Shaun@AED

Sorry guys, I'm not a nitrous guru and don't know the differences in all the available kits.
I only see the resulting data logs and know when things are right/wrong.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Regardless, lean spoke or not...marketing ploy or not...plate design or jet/solenoid placement variations...it doesn't matter...

There are many, many successful NX cars running good times. Like I stated earlier I have yet to see any NO times on these cars.

NX plate kits have been proven on these cars to work very well, over and over again with a proper tune.

Shaun@AED

Shaun, there is a huge difference between our plate set-ups, not just in the design, but flow characteristics. Our jet placement makes a huge difference in when the phase change occurs on the nitrous.

And this phase change is why your kits don't hit nitrous before fuel correct?

Shaun@AED

Regardless, lean spoke or not...marketing ploy or not...plate design or jet/solenoid placement variations...it doesn't matter...

There are many, many successful NX cars running good times. Like I stated earlier I have yet to see any NO times on these cars.

NX plate kits have been proven on these cars to work very well, over and over again with a proper tune.

No marketing, just logs. I want DATA, and so far every NX kit log that has been sent to me has a lean spike on the hit (some worse than orhers). Every NO log I've seen does not have this lean spike (most are actually rich on the hit). There's too many to be a coincidence for each kit, multiple users, different tunes, different fuels, different parts combinations.

I am open for more logs BTW.
I'd like this to be proven wrong. I've got a lot of customers with NX kits (and others) that I currently refuse to tune due to these issues. IE, I am losing business due to this problem.

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Personally, I don't buy into the high flow valve "omg .600 ID!!" hype for these relatively small shot sizes. I personally have 4 bottles I run on a regular basis on the street and at the track.

Of my 4 bottles, I have 3 different valves. I have 1 mainline bottle with a crappy brass 90* valve from like 1997, 2 NX bottles with 45* high flow valve and narrow pickup tube, and 1 NX bottle with a huge -8AN pickup tube. All 4 of my bottles have -4AN nuts.

All 4 bottles perform the same and I have not seen an appreciable gain/loss at the track depending on which bottle I use. The shot size is just so small that it really doesn't matter which bottle I use. In fact, I prefer the old crappy brass valve because the 90* elbow fits my bottle location better.

Sure, maybe if you were running a big nasty shot where you need insane flow capability out of the bottle, you would see an appreciable gain but when you're spraying a .062 or smaller jet, I don't believe it matters if your ID of your valve is .4 or 4", the end result is the same, X amount of liquid nitrous in the motor which results in X amount of WHP.

Again, just my $.02.

YRMV

nonliberal

Established Member

Just because something works doesn't make it right.
I had a friend in high school that was an amazing football player that broke all the records, he smoked cigarettes like it was going out of style. So he smoked and had great results.

Now 20 years later he is 6' under, he died from lung cancer. I guess it wasn't good for him after all...

If we have prior knowledge that something isn't good for you it's your choice if you decide to correct the problem or continue it. With smoking we have medical diagnostics and accumulated knowledge. With cars we have Datalogs and accumulated knowledge that lean spikes are not good for cars.

125oh

Established Member
No track times . But I have the nitrous outlet plate kit , kit is very nice and accurate picked up 102 hp on the 100hp jets . Dynoed 510hp/510tq

Need4Speed03

Established Member
I've got a lot of customers with NX kits (and others) that I currently refuse to tune due to these issues. IE, I am losing business due to this problem.

That's one view. Another one could be that you want everyone to go with a NO kit with you as the preferred tunner because you uncovered these problems/issues with all other kits. I'm not saying that's the case, but it is an interesting concept.

Anyway, lets get some track numbers on the NO set-ups!

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
First, I want to thank all of our customer's for the support and how happy you are with your tune and NX systems.

With nitrous, over the past months, we have worked very closely with our customers, some of our cars, and NX on creating some of the best set ups out there with using nitrous. NX has been around for a long time and used by some of the big names out there in racing (even street outlaws). They do not take a short corner with designing ANYTHING they make. It has proven itself on the coyote based motors too.

Chris has tuned so many nitrous cars that I honetly do not have the time to go through his computer to collect the results. But in the real world, not 1 and I mean that, has had a problem or complaint. Esp about this "lean spike" that is being used way to much. It actually makes me laugh. Esp with the NX solenoids are attached to the plate so it has no travel time. Now..... if the tune is wrong... I can see a lean spike but we have not had that problems with NX or any of our customers.

Now... NO makes some nice stuff. I do like it and Chris has tuned multi cars with it and have had no issues with them. It does work. I would love to see one get down the track soon. No matter who tunes it. Maybe we can get a magazine to do a VS article on them. A battle we would love to see.

The proper fuel mods for E85 & nitrous is not what people are thinking. You run a larger injector and thats it. A BAP is not needed but can be added for extra insurance.

The last thing I want to get into is the "proper" datalogging and saying people are doing it wrong. I have to object and stand for them and say our customers are doing it right. Chris is having them log the correct information every time and the results are going down the track.

OP, if you have any questions on our tuning and NX systems, please shoot us a call. I would enjoy the conversation and get your car dialed in as well with spending the least amount of money.

Thanks

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
How can the same kit on the same shot size have such drastic differences in power gained??

125oh, you should contact them and ask where your missing 36whp on your "100" shot is. It looks like your pills might have been installed incorrectly or something. That's a 36% difference in power on the same motor and same shot size!

No track times . But I have the nitrous outlet plate kit , kit is very nice and accurate picked up 102 hp on the 100hp jets . Dynoed 510hp/510tq

Thought I'd share the write-up one of our vendors, Jeff @ Central Texas Performance, did on the install and dyno of one of our Nitrous Outlet 2011+ Mustang GT 5.0 Coyote Nitrous Plate Systems. This was a 100hp shot, netting 136HP.
LindseyMeek2.jpg

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Also of note, that '100 shot' is picking up 150whp around 5k rpms. That is stellar for 100 shot jetting.

Users who are viewing this thread