NX with BBR tune vs N.O. with AED tune?

v8stang

Established Member
Looking at possibly going with a 150 shot on e85.
I purchased some 47lb'ers and have contacted Shaun about a e85 tune.
Thats when I started playing with the idea of adding some juice.

From what I've searched, BBR seems to be on the top of the list for bottle fed 5.0's. They have a NX kit with tune for $689.

If I choose for shaun to tune it, I'd have to go with a Nitrous Outlet kit at $699 plus his $450 for tuning e85 plus nitrous.
So, is it worth the extra $460?

The only thing that has me leaning towards shaun is his n/a e85 tune. Seems guys are getting good times with those.

Those of you running nitrous, who did you go with and why?

Thanks guys

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Its up to you, seen a lot of good things about BBR with there NX tunes/times from a couple members on here.

I can vouch for shaun@AED on his tunes, they run top notch and no complaints.

-Thomas

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I really like the NO stuff, it's what we sell / run, and are very happy with it. I can set you up with a kit,

i'd def recommend the n20 combo though

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
If you're lookin for bigger than a 150 shot, you'll want to go with the NO kit as the NX uses smaller noids that are maxed out around 175whp or so. Chances are, you won't go bigger than that on a stock coyote motor but it is something to consider if you're planning on a stronger motor in the future.

I personally think the NX kit is more aesthetically pleasing but that's just my opinion.

426EDE26-6F8D-4CDF-BB4C-A1C1E2E020BE-213-0000000A91DBFE21_zps9f7ab60c.jpg

Shaun@AED

Nitrous Outlet plate kits have been the only 'kits' we've seen that consistently work as designed without causing any lean conditions. Don't ask me why or how (ask Dave at NO for an explanation) as they 'look' similar to other kits on the market, however testing and logging has shown they do not perform like the rest, they stand out above when it comes to proper fueling.

Of course E85 makes for an excellent anti-detonation buffer in the event of any lean issues, so I don't think you will have an issue either way, however personally I would want a kit that has consistently proven to work as designed. That would be the Nitrous Outlet Hardline Plate kit.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
0 lean conditions on my kit. I would love to know how or why others report lean conditions but others work fine. Something doesn't add up.

04compgt

Established Member
0 lean conditions on my kit. I would love to know how or why others report lean conditions but others work fine. Something doesn't add up.

I agree with this. I even had a homemade dry kit and had 0 lean conditions with it as well, I went 10.82 @ 125 with a 75 shot. I would venture to say that a wet plate kit and proper tune would have absolutely 0 lean conditions regardless of brand.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Lean spike = marketing ploy

I have not seen any track results from anyone using a Nitrous Outlet kit. Does anyone know of any? We have seen dyno numbers, but no actual time slips.

I went with NX and have been happy with the kit both in the way it performs and the way it looks. Also you cannot go wrong with BBR for tuning. I think Chris has tuned more nitrous coyotes then anyone else out there.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Lean spike = marketing ploy

I have not seen any track results from anyone using a Nitrous Outlet kit. Does anyone know of any? We have seen dyno numbers, but no actual time slips.

I went with NX and have been happy with the kit both in the way it performs and the way it looks. Also you cannot go wrong with BBR for tuning. I think Chris has tuned more nitrous coyotes then anyone else out there.

I don't believe shaun is a nitrous outlet dealer so.....

svt04cobra1

Established Member
I agree with this. I even had a homemade dry kit and had 0 lean conditions with it as well, I went 10.82 @ 125 with a 75 shot. I would venture to say that a wet plate kit and proper tune would have absolutely 0 lean conditions regardless of brand.

What he said. If tuned properly there should not be any lean conditions.:beer:

WHITEMACH

Established Member
I think the NO kit looks cooler, but never seen this LEAN spike on the dyno with the fogger nozzle I have?

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I'm on my 3rd nitrous kit(2 homemade, 1 plate kit) in this mustang and none of them had had a lean spike or lean condition.

v8stang

Established Member
Thanks for your replies guys...
It gets pretty overwhelming when ordering parts like these. I've been sesrching suspension set ups as well and will be placing an order on some bmr stuff.

Will I be needing a BAP?

v8stang

Established Member

Exactly my concern. Can't really find track results and numbers. NX setups are abundant on other forums and youtube.

svt04cobra1

Established Member
Thanks for your replies guys...
It gets pretty overwhelming when ordering parts like these. I've been sesrching suspension set ups as well and will be placing an order on some bmr stuff.

Will I be needing a BAP?

If you going to be running E85 you will need a BAP. Plus if its a wet kit I would have it just for the fact you are demanding way more fuel between the two. :beer: If nothing else for safety. :beer:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
^ BAP is also supposed to stabilize voltage when headlights and stuff are on so I don't think it can hurt.

I'm running E85 and a 100 shot and the fueling is perfect. .99-1.01 short terms and perfectly flat lambda.

v8stang

Established Member
Will a kb bap 20a be enough? Does it have to be adjustable?
How bout a non adj maxflow?

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Will a kb bap 20a be enough? Does it have to be adjustable?
How bout a non adj maxflow?

I went with the KB BAP and soldered the radio knob wires together for max voltage all the time. E85 and 100 shot have been no problem so far. I'm expecting to pill it up in a week or so when my drag pack shows up.

Users who are viewing this thread