NX with BBR tune vs N.O. with AED tune?

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
You do not NEED a BAP for e85 and a 150 shot...I have datalog to prove it. I strongly suggest not to use a BAP unless absolutely needed(like running out pf fuel). On my Paxton setup, yes I needed a BAP, but when I went back to nitrous, I kept the BAP and ended up burning up my pump and leaving broke down on the side of the road. After putting in a new pump(thanks BBR for the hookup!) I opted not to run the BAP. I made several datalogs and dyno runs, which showed I have more than enought fuel to take the 150 hit. Also, one thing to note I am pulling fuel(e85) off the rail and have not seen any lean spikes. I have gone thru 3 bottles with the BBR NX150 setup and no issues or lean spikes.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
How was your bap wired sof? What kind did you have? I have been running mine 100% for a little while now with no issues.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
How was your bap wired sof? What kind did you have? I have been running mine 100% for a little while now with no issues.

Wired as per instructions w/ soldered connections. I ran the KB 40a and switched to JMS unit when AED was tuning my Paxton setup.

You been running your BAP for a while? I thought you had a thread last week or the week before about installing your BAP or something along those lines. I am just stating E85+150 shot or less doesnt need a BAP(bigger injectors yes). The stock pump can keep up with the hit off the rail, or atleast with BBR tune(I cant speak for other nitrous tunes). Im not against BAP, although they are band-aids, just dont see the NEED to add one in this case.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I don't know, but he can be nitrous outlets go to guy for tuning at $450 a pop so......

I can vouch that is completely false. I believe shaun has only tuned maybe 2-3 nitrous outlet setups. I also believe he has tuned 1-2 NX setups as well.

He has nothing to gain from bashing a product that he could potentially make money on tuning that setup.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Wired as per instructions w/ soldered connections. I ran the KB 40a and switched to JMS unit when AED was tuning my Paxton setup.

You been running your BAP for a while? I thought you had a thread last week or the week before about installing your BAP or something along those lines. I am just stating E85+150 shot or less doesnt need a BAP(bigger injectors yes). The stock pump can keep up with the hit off the rail, or atleast with BBR tune(I cant speak for other nitrous tunes). Im not against BAP, although they are band-aids, just dont see the NEED to add one in this case.

"Little while" meaning a couple weeks and 1,000 or so miles.

There are at least 4 different part numbers for fuel pumps for different vin numbers of mustangs from 2011-2014. I looked it up and confirmed myself so I'm wondering if there have been revisions or changes throughout the production run. The stock pump is supposed to be roughly a 400lph pump and that would be a stretch for a ~550whp car on E85. Assuming an extra flow requirement of 25%, that's the equivalent of 687whp on pump gas. I'd rather have extra voltage for the pump when the computer asks for it.

Did you splice into the white(or purple on newer cars) wire before the fpdm plug?

9secWS6

Established Member
I like the clean install of the NX plate kit and the fact that it comes with a TPS activation switch(which has worked flawlessly). I spraying 150hp with tunes from BBR and the car runs awesome. I had a solenoid issue the other day, got with Steve@BBR and NX had me a NEW solenoid the next day! Customer service with NX has always been great IMO. I have also had good service from Nitrous Outlet in the past. I do think that Chris @BBR has the best nitrous tunes hands down. Just my .02.

v8stang

Established Member
Im wanting to go with shaun cause I want a strong
e85 n/a tune.
The only thing making me nervous is what someone posted earlier, that he's only tuned a handful of nitrous coyotes vs bbr having tuned plenty.

At this point I'm thinking aed n/a e85 tune paired with bbr e85 nitrous tune for serious racing.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Im wanting to go with shaun cause I want a strong
e85 n/a tune.
The only thing making me nervous is what someone posted earlier, that he's only tuned a handful of nitrous coyotes vs bbr having tuned plenty.

At this point I'm thinking aed n/a e85 tune paired with bbr e85 nitrous tune for serious racing.

There is no combination or setup that you should be nervous about shaun tuning.

90coupe5oh

Established Member
I'm currently working on my nitrous setup, I've already hit it with a 150 and prob put 1-2 10lb bottles through it that way. My setup consists of Nitrous Outlet plate kit, NOS mini progressive, and a dedicated nitrous fuel system. My car had a NA tune done by Shaun at AED (very pleased with it), I just went and pulled 6 degrees of timing globally through the tuner to be safe on 93. I then dialed in the fuel side with the fuel jets to get it spot on. This coming week I am going to be upping the shot to a 200 slightly progressed in through the mini, I will be running C16 in the dedicated fuel system. I'm looking for single digits in the 1/4 on stock motor, I will post back with my results! I couldn't be happier with the Nitrous Outlet kit, quality is 2nd to none!

04compgt

Established Member
I'm currently working on my nitrous setup, I've already hit it with a 150 and prob put 1-2 10lb bottles through it that way. My setup consists of Nitrous Outlet plate kit, NOS mini progressive, and a dedicated nitrous fuel system. My car had a NA tune done by Shaun at AED (very pleased with it), I just went and pulled 6 degrees of timing globally through the tuner to be safe on 93. I then dialed in the fuel side with the fuel jets to get it spot on. This coming week I am going to be upping the shot to a 200 slightly progressed in through the mini, I will be running C16 in the dedicated fuel system. I'm looking for single digits in the 1/4 on stock motor, I will post back with my results! I couldn't be happier with the Nitrous Outlet kit, quality is 2nd to none!

Be careful doing that. These cars have a wideband, trying to control the fueling through jets is not effective on these cars. You have to also command the correct fueling in the tune. Otherwise the car will just shut the injectors down to create the proper fueling. Good luck.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Be careful doing that. These cars have a wideband, trying to control the fueling through jets is not effective on these cars. You have to also command the correct fueling in the tune. Otherwise the car will just shut the injectors down to create the proper fueling. Good luck.

100% agree! With these cars there is WAY more to a nitrous tune then just pulling timing. Globally is not how you wanna pull it also because the tune can add a ton of timing under certain conditions. A proper nitrous tune would have the commanded A/F dropped....very important. With the shot you want to spray I would highly suggest getting a dedicated nitrous tune!

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor

Sounds like he already has it figured out.

Shaun@AED

I've posted a data log with high lighted lean spike in another Nitrous thread.
Posting from my phone or I would search / link here.

Most of you are not logging the correct parameters to see the lean condition, or using a Dyno wide band with A/F pickup in the tail pipe which is an averaged via Dyno software. These Cars O2 sensors also do their best to compensate for an lean conditions. Monitoring actual lambda with fuel trims vs commanded will tell the tale.

And for the record, I am not a Nitrous Outlet dealer.
I'm not posting in these nitrous threads to make a buck, not do I want to bash any vendors.
I'm posting to help educate the masses so they can be better informed.
Do a search for that data log screen shot I posted....it's clear as mud certain nitrous setups have issues.
Stating track times or Dyno numbers does not invalidate these issues BTW.

autoxstang

Coyote Lover
Established Member
Here's a pic of my setup. I'm running the Nitrous Outlet kit with an AED tune. So far everything has worked flawlessly but, I haven't had any track numbers or dyno numbers. I'll get more information out as soon as I hit the track.

photo3_zps181959a4.jpg

v8stang

Established Member
Here's a pic of my setup. I'm running the Nitrous Outlet kit with an AED tune. So far everything has worked flawlessly but, I haven't had any track numbers or dyno numbers. I'll get more information out as soon as I hit the track.

photo3_zps181959a4.jpg

That looks really clean!

autoxstang

Coyote Lover
Established Member
Thanks man. I've been nothing but, happy with it. BTW if you decide to go the N.O. route Latemodel has a coupon code that will get you 5% off plus free shipping. Beefcake is a N.O. dealer too so check with him also, he may be willing to beat their deal.

Users who are viewing this thread