NYS just passed new gun legislation....

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member

I am not voting for any of those idiots who passed these dumb ****ing laws next election. That's ****ing stupid.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
I just read that Remington might be closing up shop and moving out of NY. That is about 400 jobs and taxes going up in smoke right in front of Cuomo's eye's. Just need Ithaca to do the same and then maybe the law makers would get the idea that they are a lot more poorer because of this.

NY could care less. They've been driving businesses out of state for decades now, then cry they aren't collecting enough tax revenue.

75% of the murders in this country are between criminals and gangs, the more of those the better.

Well I sure hope that they'll follow these new laws. :rolleyes:

"Hey man, I'm going to shoot that guy from our rival gang tonight. Want to come?"
"Whoa man, that gun has a bayonet lug and a 10 round magazine."
"You're right. Better not."

Not sure if this has been discussed in the thread yet....But how about taking less than 1 day to vote and put this law into effect. The public never saw any of this; hell most senators didn't even get a chance to read it! This is tyranny at its finest; and Cuomo and Bloomberg are at the forefront of it.

I just hope I can get a job down south before this shit hits NJ!

The same NY lawmakers that haven't been able to pass a budget on time in some 25 years.

Bunch of bumbling idiots that just keep getting re-elected.

Hear Hear, the dumb****s on the island and city control the rest of us! Its not like they live a completely different lifestyle... oh, wait.

Shame they can't break it into upstate/downstate

I'm glad I moved out of NY when I did. That state will become the next Detroit.

High five from another NY ex-pat!

Let me guess, had to move out for a job?

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member

My job was ok, I was just tired of paying high taxes, shitty schools, shitty weather, and shitty government.

I pay less taxes on my 300k house in GA than I do on my 60k house in NY (which I unfortunately still own and cant sell because no one wants to focking live there anymore)

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I just don't understand why NY hasn't banned fire yet.

funny you mention that

bon fires were illegal in sullivan county NY when i lived there...and that was waaaay out in the countryside

i only know this because i got warned while having a beer with my family around a fire one night

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Sad that some of these states were the original colonies that fought for freedom and now are doing what they want to take away the liberty of law abiding citizens. As far as I'm concerned outside of NYC good luck trying to find locals to enforce it.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
funny you mention that

bon fires were illegal in sullivan county NY when i lived there...and that was waaaay out in the countryside

i only know this because i got warned while having a beer with my family around a fire one night

Depending on location and the capabilities of the nearby department I can understand that. (We do burn bans when warranted here)... I just don't understand a government that pisses away time they could spend doing something useful (like maybe balancing their budget) on laws that literally do nothing to solve what they claim to have created the laws for. If someone is going to kill another human they have crossed the threshold of 'law abiding citizen' to the point that any and all laws are null and void. Smaller clips? Just reload more often.. less ammo? take better shots... can't get a gun legally? buy one illegally or steal one. Seriously what reality do these guys live in?

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
Shame they can't break it into upstate/downstate

Agreed- wonder if we can vote on it?

and Im going to have to... NY colleges have some of the best education degrees, but the state is driving us all out of it (22 people in my major graduated, less then half of us are still in NY)

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member
So basically, your part of the problem?

Dead serious.. I don't see people fighting for the right to carry an M-240, but thats illegal. Where are the backyard missile silos? What, we only want to pick and choose what 'arms' we fight for since infringement means restrictions and its bullshit I cant have military grade plutonium?

Have I gone too far?? So did the dickheads who abused their right to bear arms.

1st of all, I dont think the right to carry is the issue at hand? Backyard missile silos? Typical of people with your viewpoint, backpedal and say ridiculous things. IRRELEVANT. Bye now Sheep.

stangposse

Established Member
the bill is also reported to ban magazines larger than 7 rounds, yes 7, because obviously their 10 round limit just wasn't working.

P.S. New York City and most people I meet from there need to just seclude themselves on that island. They have destroyed the rights of those up north. I hope you all vote the entire senate out. I heard it was mostly GOP controlled, anyone know for sure?

Its controlled by the mob....just like Chicago. I'm not joking.

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
Sorry I haven't gone through this entire thread, but they've banned pistol grip weapons or just rifles?

All I can think about this is how it will be a good example for the rest of the country to recognize the insignificance of this type of ban and leave the rest of the country be. Sorry New York.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Rifles/Shotguns.

Sorry I haven't gone through this entire thread, but they've banned pistol grip weapons or just rifles?

All I can think about this is how it will be a good example for the rest of the country to recognize the insignificance of this type of ban and leave the rest of the country be. Sorry New York.

musclefan21

Established Member
I love Europe! ! Europeans and others would have been on the streets and protest the hell out of this with destruction! !

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
did I hear right that leo ARE NOT exempt from the 7 rd limit?

I swear I heard that on the news today

S8ER01Z

Established Member
It's a shame that these idiots will just add an exemption instead of realizing how much fail this law is and reversing it.

musclefan21

Established Member

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Why is this funny to you? Cops are bigger target than you average citizen and of course their jobs involve guns. Just plain stupid to ban those guns in general and even MORE stupid to include police officers in it. ****ing liberals :nonono:

The humor I got from this was that the state moved so fast to enact the law that they did not even look at keeping LEOs safe. What great legislation eh? :lol1:

My company provides a specific service/product that can be very helpful (cost saving) to government entities in addition to industry. Friday we stopped selling these services to NYC/NY. My company is NOT a gun free zone......

E

96 cobra

Established Member
Why is this funny to you? Cops are bigger target than you average citizen and of course their jobs invvolve guns. Just plain stupid to ban those guns in general and even MORE stupid to include police officers in it. ****ing liberals :nonono:

Obviously police will not have to actually reduce their capacity to 7-rds, it was an giant, hilarious oversight by the idiotic state lawmakers.

musclefan21

Established Member
The humor I got from this was that the state moved so fast to enact the law that they did not even look at keeping LEOs safe. What great legislation eh? :lol1:

My company provides a specific service/product that can be very helpful (cost saving) to government entities in addition to industry. Friday we stopped selling these services to NYC/NY. My company is NOT a gun free zone......

E

Obviously police will not have to actually reduce their capacity to 7-rds, it was an giant, hilarious oversight by the idiotic state lawmakers.

Agreed!! Lawmakers are just unreal nowadays :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread