Off topic threads

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
That is an extremely good deal for that fastback. It's hard to find a clean body fastback for under 30 that is "race worthy".

You are very correct. Someone stole it at $18K (the transfer price that I heard).

The wheels are not correct. They are larger than vintage. Vintage is 15".

I had more than $25K in my car when I started (18 years ago). A vintage racing engine is more expensive. Vintage racing may seem simple, but it is not. You will be attacked at every race track. It is fun, and I don't regret anything.

Here:
JC4.jpg

JC5.jpg

My next race will be the 2015 HSR Walter Mitty.
http://www.hsrrace.com/2015/Mitty/2015MittyEventPage.html

We will show those BMW's the fast way around Road Atlanta. :-D

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I've been wearing this revolver lately on my belt (legally):

M19holster%20001.gif

The 2015 Walter Mitty Challenge is about a month away (the 40th event). It's my 25th event here. I suspect the race cars will exceed 300 cars. I can handle the pressure.

Tim and I will do well. Tim has a new engine. Mine has only one race on it. Tim Byrd Racing will track support both of us.

flattrack53

Established Member
I actually just put in for my CCW on Sunday... I scored a 98% on my shooting. I took 7 different classes and got certification from Wear and Carry, MSI, NRA and private instructors. In Maryland, for you to get a carry permit you must have a "Good and Substantial" reasoning and at that point they put a lot of restrictions on you. It is extremely difficult to get a permit and if you ever had to use the firearm, you better have a lot of training certifications in which show you are properly shown how to carry and use a firearm to protect your as$.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
There has been a lot of interest in this car:Here:
Dick4.gif

It is almost all true. ;-)

Nonetheless, it is still hard to find a proper correct vintage race car for less than $19K.
FYI, the deal on this car fell thru. The buyer put down a deposit and couldn't come up with the money.

Nissan GTR beats Corvette Z06.

JMO, the GTR is about the ugliest car every made. Has no one at Datsun ever looked at the ionic car designs of the past and present? ;-)

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I actually just put in for my CCW on Sunday...

Congrats. I'll still never understand the problem with politicians and the 2A.

A criminal around here must be very careful before waiting until the husband drives off and attacking the wife. She may have one of my pistols and a magazine full of .45 ACP (Castel Doctrine). She is actually very good at the range.

I've always told her not to go for the kitchen knife like they do on TV. Grab the .45 ACP. If she misses the first time, they aren't going to be around for long.

flattrack53

Established Member
Congrats. I'll still never understand the problem with politicians and the 2A.

A criminal around here must be very careful before waiting until the husband drives off and attacking the wife. She may have one of my pistols and a magazine full of .45 ACP (Castel Doctrine). She is actually very good at the range.

I've always told her not to go for the kitchen knife like they do on TV. Grab the .45 ACP. If she misses the first time, they aren't going to be around for long.

Haha, good point. You get to open carry in Georgia, correct?

I should have my approval in about 90 days. Im using my Colt 1911 E-Series until my Nighthawk Custom comes in as my carry gun in the Spring, Summer and Fall months as I can conceal it very easily. I have a blade tech holster that goes in the 5 o'clock position and with that holster, I can wear my average clothes and I don't have to worry about the gun imprinting. For the summer months, I ordered the new Glock 43 since it is a single stack 9mm. To be a 100% honest, I really dislike Glocks but I wanted something reliable and small for the months wearing lighter clothes in 9mm... Of the brands I like, everything small is in .380.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
You get to open carry in Georgia, correct?

Yes, but it is not generally recommended. Open carry is fine at the range but not so good around liberal people. It's just better to conceal it.

I remember back when the President of the United States of America was a gun owner (I miss him):

Bush.jpg

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I just sold two revolvers in order to buy one revolver. It was a couple of fair deals. I offered it FS at a good price, and it was sold.

One guy almost scared me. He started in a testing session with his figure on the trigger well before firing it. Please do not do this. You should only enter the figure into the firing position just before you need to fire it. Here:
Bush.jpg

Bush was looking for the target before committing to fire it. You can't commit then look for the target.

1993R

Established Member
Doc,
was at the Mitty on Friday due to the weather on Sat. Saw you run the afternoon session. Came by the Car/trailer and I didn't see you. Hope the weekend ended up good for you......L

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Doc,
was at the Mitty on Friday due to the weather on Sat. Saw you run the afternoon session. Came by the Car/trailer and I didn't see you.

Larry,
I am sorry I missed you. Friday was busy with 2 qualifying races and the International race (65 cars). I hope you drove your R. The Cobra R vintage racing doesn't seem to be active anymore after the wreck by John and rule changes on the R's with SVRA.

Tim was supposed to park with me but didn't get his '65 finished. He came and visited with us.

I arrived at the track at noon on Wednesday and left at 4:00 pm on Sunday (395 cars entered the event). I had a great time. The car did its usual race weekend of finishing every lap and seeing every checkered flag. ;-) The driver has lost a second or two. :rollseyes

Mitty2015.jpg

Mitty2015b.jpg

flattrack53

Established Member
The only thing I can say is... I work in the hood of Baltimore... But am I glad I live in the country! These past few days have been very interesting and rough... Six of the businesses I manage were looted last night. One of the employees at one of my sites was very lucky to be alive. A person broke through the Bullet Resistant glass and somehow opened the cylinder on the revolver and all of the ammo fell out of the gun.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Why are you running a GT rear valence?

Tom,
It was priced right. :) Also, the gas thing is fake. It is actually a vent for the fuel cell. I fill the cell by opening the trunk lid and pouring gas in it. Again, the price was right.

The front valance was bought used (I knocked off the previous one). Those little front brake cooling holes are worthless. Therefore, I bought the bigger kit from Cobra Automotive (not cheap). The brakes are still poor, but they allow me to race in the period correct class.

The rear of the hood is slanted up for a reason. They did this back in the 1960's SCCA to allow the hot air to escape. Does it work? :read: Not sure. :)

The car was blue w/ white stripes when I first bought it (all of them were blue/white or white/blue). It had some unfortunate incidents and needed fresh paint. The paint shop guy sanded it up and called for a blue paint code. I had a race red 2007 Mustang at the time and gave him that code.

Mitty2015c.jpg

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
It seems like a long time ago from The HSR Mitty (my 25th annual attendance at this event).

There is an event at Road Atlanta in July known as a VDCA event. I'll test it here. There is only the HSR Atlanta Fall Historics at Road Atlanta in September before the HSR southern races in Savannah, Daytona, and Sebring. I know those tracks.

I have a tow to the FL races. I'd like to give the competition a hard time on the southern swing. :-D

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I guess that I am the only guy left around here that races (OK, tries to race) a car? :-D

Have you taken up golf and going for a Masters Championship?

JP_1.gif

Just asking.

JPa.gif

You could get a real sports car and go faster: :-D

Porsche991a.jpg

flattrack53

Established Member
I just got my fox body ready to do a track day. I did all of the suspension, roll bar interior on the car. I purchased it with a "freshened up" stock 302 with iron gt40 heads, f-cam and a cobra upper and lower intake. I drove it up the street the other day and I noticed I had a rod knock. I pulled it apart and apparently it spun a rod bearing. So I'm going to be out for a little while.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I guess that I am the only guy left around here that races (OK, tries to race) a car? :-D

Have you taken up golf and going for a Masters Championship?

Just asking.

Doc:

I've been a little busy the last three weeks. My wife and I just returned from a 3 week European vacation to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. We wrapped up the trip with a visit to Nurburg to drive the Nordschleife. Driving that is a car guys dream. Now I understand why Sir Jackie Stewart nicknamed it "The Green Hell". LOL It was a lot of fun to drive but it's non-stop action. Both physically and mentally demanding.

You could get a real sports car and go faster: :-D

Much like "C" cars, those "P" cars are for passing Doc, not driving! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread