Off topic threads

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Welcome to the WWF. This is why Nascar stands are half empty during a race. Expect an additional drop in fan base in the future.

Bruce,
Nascar makes its money on the huge TV contracts ($22B?)

Who are you picking?
A. Harvich (Chev)
B. Truex (Chevy)
C. Gordon (Chevy)
D. K. Busch (Kenseth's teammate)

I don't care. ;-) I believe vintage racing is the only pure racing left.
HSR2015Day.gif

The HSR event (the Classic 24 Hours of Daytona) had some great racing (190 cars) and a packed infield of spectators.

This year’s Classic 24 Hour at Daytona attracted teams from 15 different countries on four continents. The week began with 190 total entries, up from last year’s 128, and more than 300 drivers participated in the race, exceeding last year’s tally of just over 250 drivers that competed in the inaugural event.

The teams and drivers combined to put on an amazing display of safe but close and competitive racing at the controls of some of the most iconic sports cars and prototypes from the last 50 years. The race began at 1 p.m. Saturday and ended 1 p.m. Saturday with each of the six run groups taking to the 3.56-mile DIS road course four times in a 24-hour rotation.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Doc:

If I have to pick between three Chevy drivers and a Toyota driver I'm going to root for Martin Truex. Mainly because I don't like the other three.

FWIW

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
If I have to pick between three Chevy drivers and a Toyota driver I'm going to root for Martin Truex. Mainly because I don't like the other three.

Bruce,
I say Gordon. I hope the other three blow an engine on the first lap. ;-)

I am still angry at Kenseth. The little mad rich boy took out the best car of this year.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Yesterday I received my Dec 15/Jan 16 issue of Road & Track and in that issue there is an article on the 2016 Performance Car of the year. The cars and tested prices are as follows:

$341,025 2015 Bentley Continental GT3-R
$ 74,360 2016 Cadillac ATS-V Coupe
$ 98,360 2016 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
$149,290 2016 Dodge Viper ACR
$347,942 2016 Ferrari 488 GTB
$ 67,465 2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 350R
$156,150 2016 Mercedes AMG GT S
$104,815 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4

I have not read the whole article yet but the results may surprise more than a few people. The #1 pick was the least expensive car, the 2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 350R.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/search/2016%20performance%20car%20of%20the%20year?

:thumbsup::coolman: :beer:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I have not read the whole article yet but the results may surprise more than a few people. The #1 pick was the least expensive car, the 2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 350R.

I read it and agree. Colin Comer was one of the participants (he is down the road from you). Did you notice what track they used? The one at the Corvette Museum. ;-)

I forgot which magazine it was (Car & Driver?), but they had a long term test with one of the new Corvettes. The engine blew up at around 5000 miles. :rollseyes

I get all of those magazines because they are dirt cheap ($8/yr.). Sometimes I throw them away after scanning them (like when they compare small size SUV's). One of them picked Dodge as truck of the year. Yea, don't look in my driveway for a Fiat Ram truck.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Bruce,
I am over the Nascar thing. I had a guy come by to look at a car that I had FS at the shop.

The guy showed up in a 2016 Mustang GT350. These are really great cars:

GT350.gif

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bruce,
I am over the Nascar thing. I had a guy come by to look at a car that I had FS at the shop.

The guy showed up in a 2016 Mustang GT350. These are really great cars:

Yeah, we did the GT350R drive at Road America when they came to town. Of course we only ran the back section of the track (5-13) which was a bit of a buzz kill but then the ultimate buzz kill was having to run the motorcycle bypass around the Kink.:whine: But the car kicks ass. I think the most outstanding feature about the car, even more impressive than the engine and the sounds it makes, were the brakes on this vehicle. Total kick ass!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I think the most outstanding feature about the car, even more impressive than the engine and the sounds it makes, were the brakes on this vehicle. Total kick ass!

I agree. I've never seen such a great Brembo brake package (front and rear) as is on the GT350. Someone ordered up the best brakes available.

I also liked the sport exhaust system as well as the really nice seats. I am not a big fan of the orange highlights on the car. It's just my opinion.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Guess I was a good boy this year Santa got me one of these.

Nice Larry. Those Colts are rare around here.

I did a swap and got these two little revolvers:

Smith & Wesson Model 43 in .22LR (alloy frame, all paperwork and boxes):
M43.jpg

M43a.jpg

Smith & Wesson Model 36 in .38 Special (the Chief's Special):
M36-1.jpg

M36-1a.gif

I also heard that SC finally joined the other southern States in reciprocating and allowing concealed carry permits there with a concealed carry permit in another southern State.

I believe the Founding Fathers of this Nation passed the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution to protect the citizens against the liberals that want our guns before take our other Rights.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I am still mad at Kenseth and those wimpy little Toyota guys.

The 24 Hours of Daytona is going to happen soon (the last weekend this month) with the new Ford GT. It looks competitive, but the usual sandbagging is happening at "The Roar" (the first pre practice session).

We will know how fast the Ford GT will be in the official qualifying for the 24 Hour race. I think that it will be competitive.

In other news, a guy that I know in GA transferred a couple of really nice nickel revolvers to me:

It's an older S&W Chief's Special (.38 Special):
SW36-1a.gif

This one is a the .357 Combat Magnum:
SW19n2.gif

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
The Daytona 500 was a bit of a snoozer today. But it had an exciting ending. The good news is that Kenseth got a little payback for his bonehead antics from last year. The bad news is Toyota took the top 3 positions. It seems every year NASCAR gets worse.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah I saw that on FB today. That will give me another reason to cheer on Danica.:)

Bruce,
I say Danica will finally have a competitive engine.

I also say that the new Stewart-Hass relationship is a great new partner since Roush Racing has been really bad recently. This team was once so competitive that Nascar was limiting their car count.

The Ford Penske Racing team (two cars) are the only fast Fords. Ford needs something to race with those Daytona-winning Toyota race cars. ;-)

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
NASCAR needs to look no further than the finishing order of the Daytona 500 to figure out where in the hell all of their fans are going. :rollseyes

Bruce,
I think some of the blame needs to be directed to Roush Racing. The Brad Keselowski car and the Joey Logano car have been running really well in the Penske Ford team. They share the same engines.

What happened to the Roush team?

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
[Not my car]
What do you think a ~1995 Panoz would be worth? It's a former school car that can not be titled for the street. Track car only. The chassis and body look good. Stock 1994 Mustang engine.

dick3.gif

dick.gif

$20K?

Users who are viewing this thread