Official Terminator Diecast Thread

Grady

Established Member
Hey All,

I have recently purchased a 1/18 scale 03 Cobra convertible. It is silver metallic and I have realized that I have an extra one.

I want to paint it and then sell it on eBay. So, I'm wondering what color I should paint it that "may" open the auction up to the most amount of possible customers.

Therefore, if you wanted this diecast car, what color would you prefer it to be?
View attachment 90465 View attachment 90466 View attachment 90467

NOTE: I do not have a box for this, so it will be just the car......
I want want one to match my car. A Screaming yellow convertible. Just cannot find one. I have been searching. Any help appreciated. Jack

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I want want one to match my car. A Screaming yellow convertible. Just cannot find one. I have been searching. Any help appreciated. Jack

PM Glenn Black 380 in this thread. He can make you one. His work is top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grady

Established Member
Hey All,

I have recently purchased a 1/18 scale 03 Cobra convertible. It is silver metallic and I have realized that I have an extra one.

I want to paint it and then sell it on eBay. So, I'm wondering what color I should paint it that "may" open the auction up to the most amount of possible customers.

Therefore, if you wanted this diecast car, what color would you prefer it to be?

Hey All,

Hey All,

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay guys, Here is the start of my next Cobra projects. I didn't get much done this weekend due to Mother's Day. However, I got the cars disassembled and I stripped the cars down to bare metal on Saturday.

Here's the list:

@SVT-04 = Satin Silver Coupe
@Recon = Mineral Gray Coupe
@Grady = Screaming Yellow Vert

I'm hoping to get the cars in primer and "possibly" in base coat this coming up weekend depends mainly on the weather. If it's warm and NOT windy I should be able to accomplish this.

Here they are in their bare metal glory.

Bare Metal 1.JPG

Bare Metal 2.JPG

Bare Metal 3.JPG

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Here are my latest Muscle Machines. An old school 55 Nomad and a 66 GTO Muscle Car. These went together quick because all I did was upgrade the wheels and tires.

All my Muscle Machines are currently listed on Ebay (Minus the Budweiser truck, as my dad wanted it, and the Nomad as it already sold), so if you know anyone who wants the remaining Muscle Machines they are up for grabs. Thank you!

55 Nomad 1.JPG

55 Nomad 2.JPG

55 Nomad 3.JPG

66 GTO 1.JPG

66 GTO 2.JPG

66 GTO 3.JPG

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Hello all.

Well today this thread is officially 1 year old.

I want to thank all of you who have purchased a car from me and to thank all of you who have supported me in this hobby over the past year.

Thanks to you guys, your support and feedback I'm still going strong 1 year later.

Thanks again everyone. Members here on SVT Performance are awesome and appreciated !!!

Glenn

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay, got the Satin Silver and MG base coats applied to a couple coupes this weekend. Also, started on a dark insert and a parchment insert interiors this weekend also. No pictures of that work yet.

Here are some pictures of the engine compartment of the Satin Silver Cobra. This is still not finished either. Have a few more things to add under here.

Valve covers 2.JPG

Valve covers 1.JPG

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay guys got 3 cars in base coat clear coat (MG, SY and SS (Satin Silver)). The 4th car is in base coat only (RF) as I'm waiting on a personal plate and will clear coat it after the plate is installed.

It's like TK1299 said before "It's like the Terminator is back in production" LOL.

Production 3.JPG

Production 4.JPG

Production 5.JPG

Production 7.JPG

Production 8.JPG

Production 6.JPG

This RF is in base coat only (Which is why it is not as shiny as the others).
Production 9.JPG

Production 10.JPG

Grady

Established Member
Yes I have seen it listed some where but I don’t remember where. It is very cool.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Came across this on Facebook. Thought it was pretty cool and didn’t even know they existed. Did anyone else know about these?
View attachment 1491226

Hello Corbin!! Yes, I have seen those and they are very rare. Thus people think they are worth big bucks. There's a guy on ebay right now selling one. He's asking $400............. Crazy..... Unless you're into originality I can build a SY coupe for less than that and the paint job will be better than Maisto :D........LOL.

1:18 Maisto 2003/2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Coupe Screaming yellow VERY RARE | eBay

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Okay guys got 3 cars in base coat clear coat (MG, SY and SS (Satin Silver)). The 4th car is in base coat only (RF) as I'm waiting on a personal plate and will clear coat it after the plate is installed.

It's like TK1299 said before "It's like the Terminator is back in production" LOL.

View attachment 1490674

View attachment 1490675

View attachment 1490676

View attachment 1490677

View attachment 1490678

View attachment 1490679

This RF is in base coat only (Which is why it is not as shiny as the others).
View attachment 1490681

View attachment 1490682
It looks like you're staying busy. @Recon will love the finished product. I have an attachment to Mineral Grey.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
It looks like you're staying busy. @Recon will love the finished product. I have an attachment to Mineral Grey.

Yes sir and I'm very appreciative for that. People here have been very kind to me and I'm thankful. I'm almost done with @Recon car. It is coming out really well. I should have it done this weekend and ready to ship early next week. The SY "should" be completed this weekend as well. The SS coupe will probably take a little longer as the owner wants a lot of detail work, but that one is coming out really cool too.

I will most likely post pics of the work I do this weekend on Monday.

I also have a couple more requests coming down the pike. So stay tuned!!!

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Here is the SS coupe. I really like the details the SVT member asked for. When members make these requests it makes me have to step my game up LOL. This one is NOT completely finished yet. I still need to paint the inserts of the wheels. But, wanted to post up some pictures of it thus far.

SS 2.JPG

SS 1.JPG

SS 3.JPG

SS 7.JPG

SS 4.JPG

SS 9.JPG

SS 8.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread