Official Terminator Diecast Thread

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
And here is a comparison between ZY and SY.

ZY 16.JPG

ZY 17.JPG

Grady

Established Member
The SY car you guys are looking at is probably the car Glenn did for me. The car is beautiful, He did a great job! I have been waiting to post a picture of the real car and my custom model car together, every time I try to go to a show with my car I get rained out. The weather at the Ford Nationals was supposed to be bad so I did not take the car and it never rained. I tried another show this past weekend and it rained. Grady

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
The SY car you guys are looking at is probably the car Glenn did for me. The car is beautiful, He did a great job! I have been waiting to post a picture of the real car and my custom model car together, every time I try to go to a show with my car I get rained out. The weather at the Ford Nationals was supposed to be bad so I did not take the car and it never rained. I tried another show this past weekend and it rained. Grady

Thanks Grady!!! Really appreciate the feedback and kind words! Thank you sir!!!

That particular SY car is actually one that is in my collection. I had already sent your car out when the ZY was painted. Also, your SY has the stock wheels. My car has the drag wheel set up on them.

I actually think your car came out better than the SY pictured above LOL.

Thank you again and I'm looking forward to the pictures of the model with your car. Those kinds of pictures are very cool.

Albaghli

Established Member
I just received my 03 cobra diecast, very amazing diecast it was beyond my expectation. Basically I can say it is piece of art, Thank you so much Glenn for the diecast and your kind attitude.

Attachments

• F53AA35A-10DB-4435-9884-C09F1A48786D.jpeg
    F53AA35A-10DB-4435-9884-C09F1A48786D.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 251
  • 5A4010E0-F5E3-4131-AD37-AF4976CE520A.jpeg
    5A4010E0-F5E3-4131-AD37-AF4976CE520A.jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 241

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I just received my 03 cobra diecast, very amazing diecast it was beyond my expectation. Basically I can say it is piece of art, Thank you so much Glenn for the diecast and your kind attitude.

Thank you for the very kind review Albaghli!!!! I'm very glad you like it. Your car is the first with a simulated Terminator radiator cover and yours is the first to feature Terminator on the coil covers. Your car was fun to build. Thank you again!!!

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Also, some of you may remember I built a tribute car for the guys on Iron Resurrection (see Page 36 Post #709). Well, I made the trip out to Austin and was able to give the car to them in person. It was amazing! I stopped by on a Friday and everyone was out except for Amanda. I showed her the car and she asked me if I could come back on Monday and give the car to Joe in person. I took that as a sign she really liked it and thought Joe would too. So, I thought it was cool she asked me to come back.

So, on my way out of Austin I stopped by and this time the whole gang was there. No one was in the office when I arrived, but Joe and Mike where on the shop floor. As I stood at the door he looked at me so I waived. He looked at me like "who is this guy?" LOL. He came over and I explained who I was and why I was there. He still had a bewildered look on his face. So, I commence to take the car out of the box and he got a big smile on his face. He really loved the car. He told me to wait and he went to get Mike and Shorty to come and look at the car.

Once they came in they said it looked awesome and started to ask me questions on how I built it and what materials I used. It was an awesome time. We all took a picture together and they thanked me a bunch and gave me a T-shirt. They are really nice and down to earth folks. I'm glad I built them the car and was able to deliver it in person. It was an awesome experience!!!!

(Note: no, they were not filming at the time, so this is my only proof of hanging out with them LOL).

Iron Resurrection 1.JPG

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Wow! This came out awesome. Can't wait to see it in person!

Thanks Glenn.
Hello Pete! Thank you very much for the positive review.

When you see this car in person I think you'll be very pleased! It came out really nice.

I was able to get it cleaned up really well. Hopefully when you see it you will think Maisto built it .

I'll get it shipped out to you ASAP!

Glenn

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Recon

Established Member
cadd58258710233a930449610c81d252.jpg

Ok, this is entirely overdue with it being 120% on me. It’s due to an issue that arose when I got the car. Before I go any further I want to established I don’t believe, for one second, this is Glenn’s fault. Judging from the stresses on the shipping box and diecast box I say it is highly likely a handling issue.
ee27081abc41015e90f49ba3b15d4ffd.jpg

Spoiler fell off. Glenn was more than helpful in guiding me through the correct method of gluing it back on, and which glue to use.
Car looks fantastic and I couldn’t be more pleased with it. The paint is flawless and looks absolutely stunning in the proper lighting. Well worth the waiting period and money spent.
Again Glenn is not at fault here. I am more than satisfied with the quality and craftsmanship.
Thanks Glenn!

Pick your poison.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
^^^Thank you Recon!!!! Really appreciate the kind words.

Yeah, it sucks when things happen in transit. I do my best when packing. I bubble wrap everything. Write FRAGILE on the outside of the box and put arrows facing up so handlers know how to orient the box. I even have the shipping store place the label on top of the box so it is facing up right while being read or scanned.

I sent a car overseas to a soldier once and when it got there the owner said it looked like it went to war. I offered to redo the car, but he got it fixed up himself as you did Recon.

I really appreciate EVERYONE who has had issues during the process, but working with me. As I have said before, I'm no professional, but I do my best and understand you guys are paying good money for a diecast car. Therefore, I take pride in my work and the product I deliver.

Thanks again Recon!!!! Every time I ship a car out I always cringe because I think this is how they handle it:

prs97

Established Member
Wow! It's like Xmas day for me.

It came out awesome. This was originally a Mineral Grey Maisto 1:18 scale model (apologies to the MG owners here in this thread) that I sprayed it yellow. I very quickly learned that I'm no Van Gogh and should stick to wrenches rather than paint brushes.

After being unhappy with my painting attempt, I went on the hunt for a ZY model and had some success. I found a coupe but it's more SY than ZY. I then found a vert on Ebay and the paint looks right but I wanted a coupe so the hunt continued. Interesting that they are all made by Maisto but are different shades of yellow.

After seeing all of the awesome models in this thread, I had to have a proper ZY coupe so I shipped it off to Texas and knew it would be in good hands.

Thanks Glenn!!

ME-01.jpg
ME-02.jpg
ME-03.jpg
ME-04.jpg
ME-05.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
^^^^ Thanks Pete!!! Really appreciate the very kind review sir. I have to agree that car has come a long way in its paint overhaul. Have to admit your car was a challenge, but I think it came out great!!! Looks really good sitting on top of your Cobra :D.......

Here are a couple pictures of the car "BEFORE" the paint overhaul........ (On a side note; people mention those metal decals as possible solutions (as seen on the rear and side of the car in these photos). However, they do NOT have an adhesive backing and due to their size are VERY difficult to glue on without runs. So, for those who are thinking about using those decals I HIGHLY discourage it)

ZY 26.JPG

ZY 27.JPG

ZY 28.JPG

ZY 29.JPG

ZY 30.JPG

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I did some work on the MC Coupe this past weekend and got it in base coat. Last night I added the personalized plate and Ford emblem. Going to try and clear coat it this coming weekend and then focus on the interior. Still has a ways to go.

Man, every time I spray MC I'm reminded how BAD@$$ that color really is. Really love how the lighting affects what color you see.

MC 5.JPG

MC 8.JPG

MC 9.JPG

MC 6.JPG

MC 7.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread