Okay totaled cars

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
So my Dad total his car couple hours ago (no injuries, fully sober, never taken a sip in my lifetime). Dumb **** made a right out of the left lane. Where do we start? Other party presented an insurance card that expired in August.

Actual question. Where do you start? Called insurance 30 day rental.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Police come

Yea and FD. Report filled

The actual question you jus accept thr blue book or is there a way to negotiate? He refused medical so probably cant sue and not the type. Was only a 2014 Honda Accord w 55k so dont want to buy back.

Okay so maybe on step 2. I wasnt there only got a phone call from guessing EMT so kinda digesting the situation still. Worried about pop, trying answer questions i cant.

Last edited:

PC03GT

Established Member
Pay your deductible and your insurance will handle the rest, you should be reimbursed at the end if the other party does actually have insurance

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
If they have no insurance hopefully he has coverage for it. If they don’t even have Insurnace odds are there’s nothing to sue for either. Hopefully it’s just an old card and they actually have Insurnace

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Easy excuse. Still trying to step down from 11. Would NEVER.

Rage

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
Hard say to what will happen,

We gave my son a 95 explorer,
Texas truck with million miles ,
Just spent 2 grand replacing parts,new tires.

2 months later he was t-boned and rolled over.
Lady ran a stop sign.

Blue book was 600.

Yet we got paid 3800 from the insurance company .

He still as a open case on the roll over with lawyers, he had some pain from crash but didn't go to hospital from scene, has seen some doctors

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Call your insurance, make the claim, have insurance write the estimate unless they request the shop does the initial, and then take it to the shop of your choice after you have the insurance estimate or if they are writing it. Let the insurance and the shop take care of the rest.

If you want to get a lawyer to help then contact the lawyer and follow all of the previous steps.

It's not a total until the shop can do the full teardown estimate or the insurance does it, and it that case they will pay you out and pay the shop what they owe them for as far as they got.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
@Black02GT

1) Gather all the maintenance docs/receipts from a dealer/shop/log book to justify the vehicles condition.
2) Find pics prior to the accident too.
3) Search cars.com. Craigslist, bookface, autotrader, etc to the best (highest) value for his car.
4) Don't accept any offer from insurance company, especially the first, until you're fully satisfied.

Hope he's OK.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
4) Don't accept any offer from insurance company, especially the first, until you're fully satisfied.
This should be rule #1.
NEVER accept the first offer from the insurance company. Ever.

With that said. Sounds like the person at fault does not have any insurance.

Users who are viewing this thread