Omg!!!!!! I blow the motor

BlueByYou

Professional Speeder
Established Member
Premium Member
Quite the interesting thread. Amazing how much can be learning just from one thread.
I'm a soon-to-be Terminator owner (hopefully) and I'm just soaking it all up now so a can get a head start.

To the OP. Sorry about your motor. I live in So. Florida and there is a very reputable tuner here by the name of Scott Beer. Good luck.

J'sSilverSnake

Established Member
I applaud you on your many achievements and you are a strong person to have survived the many hardships that many of us will, thankfully, never have to experience. Your comment above is perfect...until the last sentence. Why do you choose to lower yourself to such a low level like some of the other people on this site? Listen, I respect you completely and your original question was valid, but assholes are all over the world. If you keep allowing them to get to you and lowering yourself to their level, people will view you just as bad as them. Given your extraordinary life circumstances that many of us take for granted, you should rise above these people and just laugh it off. Maybe at one time some of those people made the same mistake you did while racing, and people made fun of them. So, now they want to feel better about themselves so they are doing the same to you. That's just elementary behavior....they're kids. Physically they are old, but mentally they are still stuck in high school. Don't lower yourself to that level. I don't mean to criticize you, just a suggestion. By the way, although your english is poor at best, I applaud you for your effort. I doubt many people here are able to speak fluent spanish or write it clearly anyway. Hey, go to spanishtranslation.com and you can type in spanish then it will convert it to english for you. Then, you can copy and paste it here. Best of luck :thumbsup:with your car.

I was working on NJ and NY I just come back ,Thank You

J'sSilverSnake

Established Member
let me be the first to tell you i put that cam i the car along with my friend.

i helped my friend put the heads on that car and i helped put the inatke back on. heads were taken off because of rocker stud we broke.

its a cam only car with stock ls1 heads and stock ls6 intake. it has pulley exhuast and thats it. sorry its alot for most people with no automotive knowledge to know what a cam only ls1 can make

I'm Back : My car was tuning before the nitrous 512 ,the week before I was on the track 11.82 at 124mph spin 1 and secong ,that camaro was spining the tires at 60 mph, If any ss only with cam and exaust run 11' I will buy one
and I don't like Chevy

J'sSilverSnake

Established Member
Its a cam only ss camaro. I heard your car was untuned for the pulley and the n20.

No my car was tuned ( 512 ) before I add the nitrous 100 shot ,And was runing very good that night only that ss was faster,but I will come back ,my car wiil be fix in 4 week $5,745.:cryying:

J'sSilverSnake

Established Member
I thought the guy he raced posted (here) that it was a cam only car that traps 118? If that was the car he raced, then clearly the motor was already fried at the start of the race. If he was racing a 600rwhp car, then it looked reasonable (until it went BOOM). Pullied Eaton/N20 cars make around 600-650rwhp (100 shot -like the OP), and camaros are lighter IIRC. Besides what has already been beaten to death, certainly fuel and tune weren't helping any......

Nitrous is nasty dirty whore, and if you don't watch and bitchslap it constantly, it will steal your money -speaking from experience (methaphorically of course).

My car was runing fine ,actually the week before I was on the track 11.82 / 11.88 / 11.76 /11.92 in all this pass I was spining 1 ,lunch only at 1600

J'sSilverSnake

Established Member
here let me shed a little light on what this guy has done... and if he has done everything he said he has then he needs a better tuner. because the camaro he was running only puts down 400ish rwhp
COBRABLOWSUP,CamaroSS22,COP,bikes- Video
enjoy

That camaro with 400 rwhp will never be a race for over 600 rwhp cobra( big cam only you are the only one who belive that ) maybe no telling the real number is the only way for that car to win races ,yes that was me and my car was tuned for the blower not for the nitrous ,four week for now I will be there :rockon: to race again that 400 rwhp ?????????????? camaro

MustangThief

Established Member
Last weekend i blow the motor racing a camaro, i was around 175+ MPH i was also spaying from 2nd gear. I throw 6th gear and i felt the car lose power and i let off. i look back and smoke covering the hole highway. I want to know what is the best way to fix my car? should i repalce the motor with a remanufacured one or should i biuld one up? what are my options and what should i do. im thinking about rebuilding it with low cop pistons and stronger intunals. is this the way to go? i dont want to buy a new motor and see it blow a few months later. what should i do? help plz....

That sucks man, and how the hell were you doing 175+ with 4.10 gearing?

If you did some research on these cars before you went hotrodding the shit out of it you woulda known that high-speed runs is a death sentence to these cars because of the incredibly tight PTW clearance.

04torchred

Established Member
i know thatthey blow at high MPH but it was a side by side race and i couldent let off =(

Let off next time, toss 5th and run it a bit, but let off after that. In all honesty if you haven't caught him yet you aren't going to.

Diamond and CP are good pistons, so is Wiseco.

None of those will help you with a full out 6th gear pull on spray or even repeatidly on motor passes that long. An eaton gets hot and just pumps hot air up there and you are going to thermally expand any piston and cause it to scuff the cylinder walls and you are going to have the same thing happen again.

mikeshimek

Boost Hunter
Established Member
sweet thread. i did research before buying my car and found out no runs past 4th. i however did not know that was due to the long duration of 5th and 6th gear combined with tight ptw clearances. spend some time do some reasearch and you can avoid the same mistakes cobra owners have made previously!!

Last edited:

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
Last weekend i blow the motor racing a camaro, i was around 175+ MPH i was also spaying from 2nd gear. I throw 6th gear and i felt the car lose power and i let off. i look back and smoke covering the hole highway. I want to know what is the best way to fix my car? should i repalce the motor with a remanufacured one or should i biuld one up? what are my options and what should i do. im thinking about rebuilding it with low cop pistons and stronger intunals. is this the way to go? i dont want to buy a new motor and see it blow a few months later. what should i do? help plz....

You can start by investing in spell check.

fstr03svtcobra

Established Member
Wow. My friend has a 900 hp nelson racing engine 572 cubic inch and he does not even push it that hard and he is pretty insane. Spray is nice and so is WOT but high speed + spray + 03/04 cobra motor = disaster.

Users who are viewing this thread