On3 performance Twin Turbo kit

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Bump this thread. Any updates? Anyone running this kit on the stock block?

There have been several people put them on their cars with good results. Apparently there is some work that has to be done. Mainly the intercooler mounting to the car. Also it seems that some people have issues using the header flange bolts and have to modify the stock bolts/studs. Other than that it seems like a pretty decent kit from what I have read and people are putting down some decent #'s. If my car wasn't a DD I would be putting the kit on my 14' auto, but I dont want a potential project.

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
Well I changed my mind on even looking at this kit. After researching and seeing this guys Instagram page. 2k Turbos took a dump, no warranty I guess!

bigd5_0 ... Kit is good for the price but I just wish @on3performance would of stepped up when the turbos took a shit at 2k miles .... Mr car was going to be on the f40 episode but I wasent about to let the world see my car running around a track with smoke cloud behind it

boostedfiveoh

http://statigr.am/p/482103837239432060_297190147

Last edited:

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Well I changed my mind on even looking at this kit. After researching and seeing this guys Instagram page. 2k Turbos took a dump, no warranty I guess!

bigd5_0 ... Kit is good for the price but I just wish @on3performance would of stepped up when the turbos took a shit at 2k miles .... Mr car was going to be on the f40 episode but I wasent about to let the world see my car running around a track with smoke cloud behind it

boostedfiveoh

Instagram photo by @boostedfiveoh (Josh Anderson) | Statigram

Is that the guy that works for GasMonkey?

CPRsm

boostedfiveoh

Instagram photo by @boostedfiveoh (Josh Anderson) | Statigram
Unless he put 2000 miles on it before 30 days he's SOL. That's all the longer the warranty is. Others are modifying and some have already cracked apparently. Nothing new

konabluekiller

Established Member
Stretchb is putting down 900whp on his on 3 kit. Built short block and running it conservative for now. Went mid 9s launching off idle... I saw it personally and did the video...

konabluekiller

Established Member
If you're trying to install your own turbo kit, and can't comprehend fixing a couple intercooler mounts and maybe changing some bolts out... Go put your tools down and pay a shop to do it...

CPRsm

I didn't even include that. I was referring to changing the wastegate tube to fit right. Fab work is a bit more than nuts and bolts to most. And added something to clean up a poor maf signal?

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
Stretchb is putting down 900whp on his on 3 kit. Built short block and running it conservative for now. Went mid 9s launching off idle... I saw it personally and did the video...

Stretchb (Larry), has changed my perspective on this kit. He has proven it to be just as effective as other TT kits. Impressive!

Last edited:

xxbmxlsxx

Established Member
ive installed 2 of these on coyotes now and neither required fab work just some spacers for the intercooler mounts. nice setup for sure and i recommend wrapping all pipes with heatwrap just because everythings pretty tight and thats alot of heat. iats are good though, just above ambient

Thakidd1981

Boosted 5.0
Established Member
I recently purchased and installed one of on3's 60mm twin turbo kits on my 2014 5.0. I have a dyno set up for next week and I will keep you all informed with the numbers and reliability. I decided to give them a chance because I like rooting for the underdogs.

Last edited:

KonaFifty

Established Member
i kind of want to try this kit out too, but a pd blower would be easier to pass smog with than twins in caliornia i think...

Users who are viewing this thread