Overweight need to get inshape where do I start?

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I would run/jog/walk 2-3 miles, lift some, get back on the bike and do another 2-3 miles. I would do that mon-thu, then I didn't go fri-sun.

Depending on your body, it generally takes 10-15 minutes to get into calorie burning mode.

That being said, the first 2-3 miles (pre lift) probably netted your minimal results and the 2-3 miles (post lift) on the bike wasn't long enough to make a dent either.

Warm up for 5 minutes on cardio, go lift for 20-30 minutes, and then spend another steady 30 minutes on cardio. Make sure to be pushing yourself.

ViciousJay

Established Member
I'll have to look into that, because you would think with everything I was doing I could atleast loose a few in a couple months.

my mother has the same issues you are saying, she ended up having this issue

GM Nitemare

Established Member
I would run/jog/walk 2-3 miles, lift some, get back on the bike and do another 2-3 miles. I would do that mon-thu, then I didn't go fri-sun.

Sorry buddy, but I don't believe you didn't lose any weight at all. I have always been on the overweight side. When I decided to lose some weight. I rode the exercise bike an hour a day, did some sit ups. And really watched what I ate. The weight fell off of me faster than a hooker chasing her next trick. I was 265lbs at 6'2". Went down to 215lbs and looked like a pool cue. Back up to 270 again(fail) but my heart,cholestorol,blood pressure, and blood sugars are all perfect. Still exercise almost everyday. But stopped eating like a runway model.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Count your calories and cardio cardio cardio. As of April 1st I was up to 255, decided enough is enough and went to work. Sugar is number one, it HAS to go. Cut down on bread, salad is your friend but use low fat, I prefer 0 fat Italian. I do an hour of cardio every night, usually break it up half hour elyptical and half hour treadmill. I'm down to 217 and i havnt felt this good since high school. It takes dedication man, any one can do it up its not easy. When your boys call you to go for wings and beer, say no. You'll get there but if your not ready to dedicate your life don't waste your time.

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
Google Forged Burner and Alpha T2. Stack those together to kill your appetite and give you energy. Easy 15 lbs in the first month if you do any exercise.

oem

Custom User Title
Established Member
Sorry buddy, but I don't believe you didn't lose any weight at all. I have always been on the overweight side. When I decided to lose some weight. I rode the exercise bike an hour a day, did some sit ups. And really watched what I ate. The weight fell off of me faster than a hooker chasing her next trick. I was 265lbs at 6'2". Went down to 215lbs and looked like a pool cue. Back up to 270 again(fail) but my heart,cholestorol,blood pressure, and blood sugars are all perfect. Still exercise almost everyday. But stopped eating like a runway model.

Swear to God I never saw more than a flucuating 1-2lbs but that could be in the scale, and this was after 2 months of hard work... I felt better, and more energetic but that's it.

jrandy

Established Member
a big plus one by cutting sugar / sodas.

also eliminate all fast food. couple that with eating healthy and then start exercising.

redblazerx

Established Member
Sugar, get rid of it. No soda, no beer, no alcohol period. Start there and start walking for now. Increase your speed every two weeks. Try walking some hills.

You would be amazed how much just cutting sugar out will do.

^THIS^ ^THIS^ AND ^THIS^

I cut out sugar cold turkey one day and just by doing that has made me 14 lbs lighter in 3 weeks. Unsweet tea, no candy and no beer. I still eat regular foods that I have for years. Seeing the results in just that has motivated me to go walking 2 nights a week for about a mile. I am now at 175 from 199 at the begining of the month.

It was hard for the first week or so, but once you get the taste for black coffee, unsweet tea and water you will hate the taste of anything with sugar in it. Now I hate coffee creamers and had a small sweet tea today and threw it away.

Snacks are almonds, yogurt and fruit. You will tell when your stomach is shrinking b.c. you wont eat as much.

hope this helps.

AZSnake98

NVWSSV
Established Member
Like said before, diet is 80% of it. You can exercise all ****ing day but if you don't eat right its pointless. Cut your portions. A trick that I've found that works is only buy foods that take 20+ minutes to cook. That way you cant just snack all the time, you have to actually cook something and if your a fat lazy **** like I was... you won't want to get up and cook. LOL. Just a personal experience but it worked for me. NO crackers, NO potato chips,. Keep carrots, apples bananas and any other fresh fruit you like on hand if you NEED to snack... eat that.AVOID fast food. Nothing but empty fat calories there. Even the "nice pretty healthy" grilled chicken salad with dressing at mcdonalds has as many calories as a ****in big mac...

GOOD LUCK!!

LOL WUT

+65,000
Established Member
1. Stop eating and drinking nasty bullshit.
2. Start running.
3. Realize it won't be easy and will suck balls at first.
4. Realize it won't happen over night.
5. Realize gimic diets do not work long term. Lifestyle changes do.
6. If all else fails start smoking crack.

itSSlow98

Established Member
I'll have to look into that, because you would think with everything I was doing I could atleast loose a few in a couple months.

Well if you were putting on a decent amount of muscle you were offsetting the weight you would be losing had younot been lifting. If you just did straight cardio and no weights im sure youd lose weight. Ive been lifting and doing cardio for a 3 months and gained over an inch of muscle in my arms but have lost zero weight nor gained zero weight.

KurtDog

Established Member
If you eat fast food, your'e gonna have a bad time.

Vegetables are your friend. Start eating them.

Like all others have said, no soda, beer, smokes, etc. Start working out. Start slow and increase when you feel up to it. After you get on the train for a few weeks it will become easier. Get to it!

ZD302GT

Zach
Established Member
No body has said "drink water like a mother" yet.

Work your way up to a gallon+ a day. Srsly

The water will kick start your metabolism and also help you get the nutrition from all those veggies you are eating in and all the waste out. This will also make your body carry less water weight as well. If you are thirsty you are dehydrated. Get at it man! Good luck :)

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Im about to try this again, im 6'1 and 260. I went to the gym did a good amount of cardio, lifted a little.Also changed my diet alot cut out all the soda's alot of sugar, and ate smart choice, lean cuisene, and better meals. No matter what I did my weight did not go down what so ever, I didn't lose a pound. Lost intrest after a couple months and no change and went back to the old me. Im not feeling as good, but im still am 260. Im going to try hardcore diet and start eating like a rabbit, and just start jogging the neighborhood. Anyone ever had something like this, I could not believe no matter what my body held the same weight.

Try some actual weight lifting. No machines, and little girly weights. Man up and put what muscle you do have behind it. If you don't leave with a certain muscle group almost in pain, then you didn't try hard. Sounds like the problem is you have no motivation.

This is true motivation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nWwl9b9Icw

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread