Owner dynos his Demon with the pcm

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
You are not impressed with a factory car making 776RWHP? What new car would you buy?

Guys, the warranty is the same as the Hellcat. Tim K. said, if you break it at the track, and it is stock, they will fix it under the warranty.
The hellcat and demon are pretty close (57rwhp). I would think it would be easier to reach stock demon numbers with the hellcat, rather than pay 15-20k more for the demon.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
While I agree with you, everyone here knows that a different dyno 10 mins later could show 740 rwhp. Let’s not get too crazy stating power numbers as fact. Track times will tell the tale, but the drivers will need some seat time as well.

True but there’s another one that just dyno’d within a couple hp as well. Both dynojets but different shops on different days. Im not ready just yet to say it’s underrated but if this trend continues it’ll be hard to deny. Lots of ppl in the hemi community thought 840bhp wasn’t enough to be hitting 9.65, especially with a trap of a 140mph. Like i said a true 840bhp would net around 715rwhp. Hellcats with that power aren’t hitting 140mph. Time will tell but I wouldn’t be shocked one bit if the trend continues.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Pretty nice dyno runs...... smooth, kinda quiet and drama-free. Plenty of power too!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I would love to see the Demon up against a modded '13/'14 Shelby GT500 on E85. The Demon on the race gas pcm and race gas + VS octane.
Too bad one would be manual and one would be automatic though.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Wut??

The car is advertised as 840hp. Factoring in a 15% drivetrain loss would net 714rwhp. Yet 775+ is “disappointing”??

Using 15% with those numbers, flywheel hp is about 915. What a weak showing.

Cant make this shit up lol
I thought it was making more for some reason than the 840 advertised as stock? My bad then. Its a wicked car no doubt.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
The hellcat and demon are pretty close (57rwhp). I would think it would be easier to reach stock demon numbers with the hellcat, rather than pay 15-20k more for the demon.

From what I have seen, stock Hellcats can put down anywhere from 640 to 670 rwhp.
If stock Demons are putting down 750-780 rwhp (with race PCM), that is an increase of 110 rwhp.

Plus with a Demon, your getting all the powertrain upgrades to handle the additional power with a warranty. So for some, $15-20K is worth it.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Car is impressive. You have a race car that is warrentied. How many other cars have that???
None. It is impressive indeed. You have to give kudos to FCA for thinking this and actually playing it out.

You should hear the clowns on the 6th gen Mustang forum. They call it a "one trick pony". That shit pisses me off. Jealous much? (Besides,........isn't the GT350/GT350R car a "one trick pony"??!?! All I ever used to read about was,....it's not made for the drag strip, it's made for the track.)
Run your stock Mustang GT against a stock Demon on the drag strip. LOLZ
I imagine the stock Demon would do pretty good against a stock Mustang GT on the track as well. Just my hunch.

blk02edge

Established Member
None. It is impressive indeed. You have to give kudos to FCA for thinking this and actually playing it out.

You should hear the clowns on the 6th gen Mustang forum. They call it a "one trick pony". That shit pisses me off. Jealous much? (Besides,........isn't the GT350/GT350R car a "one trick pony"??!?! All I ever used to read about was,....it's not made for the drag strip, it's made for the track.)
I imagine the stock Demon would do pretty good against a stock Mustang GT on the track as well. Just my hunch.
Jack of all trades, master of none. Id like to have both a gt350R and a red Demon, i just have no use for the Demon, or money for both

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
From what I have seen, stock Hellcats can put down anywhere from 640 to 670 rwhp.
If stock Demons are putting down 750-780 rwhp (with race PCM), that is an increase of 110 rwhp.

Plus with a Demon, your getting all the powertrain upgrades to handle the additional power with a warranty. So for some, $15-20K is worth it.

its like people also forget about the trans brake, equivalent of the killer chiller etc... hot lap the Demon and a modded HC at a drag strip and see how that works out. RWHP isnt the whole damned story here

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Jack of all trades, master of none. Id like to have both a gt350R and a red Demon, i just have no use for the Demon, or money for both
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA
You said it man! I wouldn't mind a 2018 GT350R in Lightning Blue with black stripe and red outline. But, I would have to either supercharge it or add the twins. More likely the twins, but that's HUGE money. lol

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
More stock Demon dyno numbers from Ghostcat over on Hellcat.org:

http://www.hellcat.org/threads/my-demon-put-down-777.163081/

img_8978-jpg.jpg

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Its gotta be jealously. Go blow your motor or trans in the gt350R at the track and see how many dealers will tell you thats gonna cost out of your own pocket.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Still about .4 of a second off of what Dodge says it will run though..

Actually considering that was shitty irwindale, where the track prep was so bad the owner had to load the trunk with over 100lbs of junk in attempt to get better traction, and the da was no where near as good as Dodges record run, annnnd there has literally only been two guy to actually run the race pcm at the track so far id say they’re off to a great start. Give em some time.

Users who are viewing this thread