Paxton install, possible bad tune?

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
I'm pretty sure if I remember correctly that's the only vacume line envolved on the entire set up. Now correct me if I'm wrong, wouldn't the bov only cause a problem under boost and not idle. I didn't think there was enough boost created until around 4k for that thing to even open. I think everything else that is modified is either Pcv related or coolant related.

BOVs can definitely cause problems at idle and definitely make the car just stall if there is not enough pressure on the piston.

RFM50

Established Member
BOVs can definitely cause problems at idle and definitely make the car just stall if there is not enough pressure on the piston.

Hmmmmm you might be on to something! Maybe Terry can help you with adjusting the bov from Paxton or call Paxton and ask them. I know its adjustable and they may not have dialed it in.

mustang_guy

Established Member
Deffinetly something to look into. Thanks guys.

Im at Dasilva Racing now, they removed the BAP and it wasn't the issue. Right now they are trying a set of Shelby 47 lb injectors

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
I'd seriously check the spring force on your BOV and contact vortech or Paxton about how many turns you should have on the set screw for spring preload. Shit or no idle and bogging are pretty common indicators of such a situation. At least that's the case on every force fed car I've had with an adjustable bov.

RFM50

Established Member
Ya I'm really wondering if they don't set it with the tuner kits. Why that would be I don't know but could be the issue

mustang_guy

Established Member
Lund and Dasilva Racing found the problem! The injectors were installed wrong!
Big time props for Ken for sticking it out with me. We've both been trough hell buy all is good. I'm data logging the car with him now and I'll update with more details later.

mustang_guy

Established Member
It was a dumb mistake on that the shop installing the blower did. First off I wanted to say I know the owner of the shop for years and his son is a very good friend of mine. They are at the track for the weekend but I will find out Monday why the injector mistake was made. What they did was install the purple cap on the wrong side of te injector. There was not any instructions with the injectors from Injecot Dynamics. Still no excuse for what happened.

I do want to make very clear that Ken from Lund racing literaly spend the whole day with me yesterday sending me tunes and I was sending him data logs. Ken was beyond patient with the whole situation and never pointed fingers at the shop for doing something wrong and treated me more than fairly and I am very happy with his service. He will also be remote tunning my car on the dyno tomorrow.

I'd also like to thank Terry (Beefcake) for helping me throughout the whole ordeal, Theres nothing but great service and prices from Beef.

Lastly Joe Dasilva and Matt (MattD) from Dasilva Racing for finding the injector issue and fixing it.

If anyone on here wants updates on what's going on including dyno numbers I can update this thread

stang910

Established Member
Keep us updated. I just put a paxton on my car and will be going to the dyno next weekend.

Bud

Established Member
Glad to hear it worked out. Gotta be tough remote tuning not being able to see the setup to help troubleshoot what physically is wrong. Ken/Lund offer great service, for the price paid the hours of service they are willing to give make it a bargain for sure.

Good luck on the dyno tomorrow, should be fun when it is done.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
How are you liking the setup? Seriously considering going this route with my tax return next spring.

D.T.R

Established Member
This is why i choose to install and wrench on the car myself. You can't trust shops.
Glad it's all sorted out and the tune is fixed dude.

Users who are viewing this thread