Paxton / Vortech Prices going up May 3rd - Get yours now

kingnut

Established Member
deespeed i just bought a bag of chips. the suggested retail price was 99 cents. but when the girl rang them up they were on sale for 50 cents... so in order to avoid being called a cheap ass, i paid $1.07 (with tax) anyway. the girl insisted she couldnt take the rest of the money. i said "look here sugar tits, you apparently dont know how things work on the internet. take my money and dont put anything on sale ever again. MRSP 4 LYFE!!!!"

GHIG'13

Established Member
I ordered my "Beefcake" special yesterday. Don't even have the car yet but couldn't take the chance on paying more. Props to Beefcake, great customer service. He even helped locate a car for me while I was on the phone with him. Now that's awesome!

Deespeed99

Established Member
deespeed i just bought a bag of chips. the suggested retail price was 99 cents. but when the girl rang them up they were on sale for 50 cents... so in order to avoid being called a cheap ass, i paid $1.07 (with tax) anyway. the girl insisted she couldnt take the rest of the money. i said "look here sugar tits, you apparently dont know how things work on the internet. take my money and dont put anything on sale ever again. MRSP 4 LYFE!!!!"

:lol: lmao!

curemystangitis

Professional Amateur
Established Member
MSRP is a suggested dollar value not a rule. Prices go up and down to stimulate buying and then to protect the bottom from falling out of the market.

I'm glad there are people like you willing to pay whatever is listed without question. It allows the rest of us cheap asses to get good deals based on vendors averaging the profit made on multiple transactions. This is capitalism, this is America, and negotiation is how 99% of deals get done.

Stop pontificating on how everyone spends their hard earned money. Your attempt to call out cheap asses and sucking up to vendors is making you sound stupid and arrogant.

kingnut

Established Member
I ordered my "Beefcake" special yesterday. Don't even have the car yet but couldn't take the chance on paying more. Props to Beefcake, great customer service. He even helped locate a car for me while I was on the phone with him. Now that's awesome!

man you have BALLS! i thought about doing this. but i want to keep my warranty for atleast 6 months to a year.

kingnut

Established Member
MSRP is a suggested dollar value not a rule. Prices go up and down to stimulate buying and then to protect the bottom from falling out of the market.

I'm glad there are people like you willing to pay whatever is listed without question. It allows the rest of us cheap asses to get good deals based on vendors averaging the profit made on multiple transactions. This is capitalism, this is America, and negotiation is how 99% of deals get done.

Stop pontificating on how everyone spends their hard earned money. Your attempt to call out cheap asses and sucking up to vendors is making you sound stupid and arrogant.

qft

Last edited:

03Cobra1979

Established Member
Deespeed, you can't honestly believe what you have written in this thread. I don't think anyone is being a cheap ass here. I think you would call it being frugal, getting the most out of their dollar or bang for their buck.

I don't think I read at any point and time that anyone wanted to the dealer/distributor of any parts to sell at cost and live off the government. Everyone knows that money has to be made on the dealer/distributors end.

But it's this simple, there is absolutely nothing wrong with saying "is that the best price?" Anyone who is in business to make money isn't going to sell at a loss.

Are these kits being sold at phenomenal prices? Hell yes they are! But you want to know what JPC and Beef have done here. They have earned themselves customers for life on the other parts and add-on items in future sales even if they aren't the cheapest at the time.

Anyway, I'm PMing you Beef about the Paxton deal.

GHIG'13

Established Member
man you have BALLS! i thought about doing this. but i want to keep my warranty for atleast 6 months to a year.

I was going to wait till the end of the year to get everything but being the tight ass I am I just couldn't wait. Like I told Beefcake if something happens and I don't get my car I can always put everything on my wife's '13 sterling grey 5.0L. Also gonna try sucking up to the service manager in an attempt to keep my warranty.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
The moral of the story is you gotta pay to play......if you don't have the funds to rebuild if something takes a dump you shouldn't be in the mod game, plan and simple.

kingnut

Established Member
I was going to wait till the end of the year to get everything but being the tight ass I am I just couldn't wait. Like I told Beefcake if something happens and I don't get my car I can always put everything on my wife's '13 sterling grey 5.0L. Also gonna try sucking up to the service manager in an attempt to keep my warranty.

there is no way a service manager is gonna warranty your motor if you throw a paxton on it. the only way would be for a FRPP whipple or Roush kit installed by the dealer.

i do think its bad ass you and your wife have NEW 5.0's though.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
Truth! I've been at this long enough to know, it's not IF its going to happen, it's WHEN it's going to happen.

Yeah my tranny took a dump on me in my truck on the way to look at some 5.0s on April 5th literally 4 mins before getting to the dealership. I ended up limping in (didn't let the know what happend) and walked out with a brand new stang....So I know all about how sh*t can break unsuspectingly (it was a bad tranny tune come to find out).

CPRsm

LOL
I'm surely a little biased but I think you missed his point. He's not suggesting you're cheap because you bought the chips when they were on sale. He's pullin the cheap ass card because the cheetos were on sale, but you really didn't want cheetos. You wanted chili cheese fritos. So you asked for more off, the already on sale cheetos. Get shot down, no big deal. Figured it was worth a try, didn't really want them anyways. Then ask for 50 cents off the chili cheese fritos. When she tells you no, you can't understand why not. 50 cent sale on cheetos, why not on the chili cheese fritos?! They're both chips, and if you can sell cheetos so cheap, you MUST be able to do it with chili cheese fries, too. So then you go outside and picket their over priced chili cheese fritos. The cashier tried to explain the chili in the chili chese fritos must be harvested by monks in the Himalayas, and brought back down the mountains by foot, in the snow. The cheese comes from goats that eat a rare grass indigenous to only one island in the south pacific. And that because of this, the cost of the chili cheese fritos cost THEM more than 50 cents. And they only sell the chili cheese fritos for a dollar to try and be competitively priced. She also explains the sale on the cheetos was so low they make nothing, and even lose a little. But expect you to buy something else while there. And they are happy to make a $4.50 transaction and make only 3 cents. As long you buy SOMETHING. In your picketing someone walks out with a bag of chili cheese fritos and you mock him for paying msrp.
How'd I do? Sound about right? :pop:

Last edited:

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
LOL
I'm surely a little biased but I think you missed his point. He's not suggesting you're cheap because you bought the chips when they were on sale. He's pullin the cheap ass card because the cheetos were on sale, but you really didn't want cheetos. You wanted chili cheese fritos. So you asked for more off, the already on sale cheetos. Get shot down, no big deal. Figured it was worth a try, didn't really want them anyways. Then ask for 50 cents off the chili cheese fritos. When she tells you no, you can't understand why not. 50 cent sale on cheetos, why not on the chili cheese fritos?! They're both chips, and if you can sell cheetos so cheap, you MUST be able to do it with chili cheese fries, too. So then you go outside and picket their over priced chili cheese fritos. The cashier tried to explain the chili in the chili chese fritos must be harvested by monks in the Himalayas, and brought back down the mountains by foot, in the snow. The cheese comes from goats that eat a rare grass indigenous to only one island in the south pacific. And that because of this, the cost of the chili cheese fritos cost THEM more than 50 cents. And they only sell the chili cheese fritos for a dollar to try and be competitively priced. She also explains the sale on the cheetos was so low they make nothing, and even lose a little. But expect you to buy something else while there. And they are happy to make a $4.50 transaction and make only 3 cents. As long you buy SOMETHING. In your pocketing someone walks out with a bag of chili cheese fritos and you mock him for paying msrp.
How'd I do? Sound about right? :pop:

I want what your smoking.....Cali Kush? LOL

Deespeed99

Established Member
Correct. If the market price for a paxton is $6500 and a vendor is selling a paxton kit with free injectors as an example for $4299 and you ask for a discount on top of that, you're being a cheap ass. Nothing wrong with it, it's just a fact.

Since some of you cant read. THIS is what i said a cheap ass is. You are a cheap ass if youre asking for more off a new part thats on sale period.

GHIG'13

Established Member
there is no way a service manager is gonna warranty your motor if you throw a paxton on it. the only way would be for a FRPP whipple or Roush kit installed by the dealer.

i do think its bad ass you and your wife have NEW 5.0's though.

Really just hoping to get on his good side incase the tranny or rearend gives it up. I just dropped $17,000 into my LS1 camaro I'm selling to get this new car so I'm not afraid to pay-to-play. Just don't want to catch a car with a bad mt82 tranny from the factory and be out of luck due to mods but if that's the case so be it. It just gonna be a sunny day toy so if it sets in the shop until I can fix it that's fine. The wife daily drives hers that's why her only mods are axle-backs and appearance.

Users who are viewing this thread