Please Beware and Cautious

mattmynhier

Established Member
You know I wanted to believe that at first CB, I really did. But, him saying that the mats had the original part number on the bottom of them just reaffirmed the fact he was scamming. He even listed on the ad that the part number was on the mats. Which, we all know that they are not. Also, this is not the first time he has claimed something is original but was not. I found this thread on a simple search of his name.

https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...cool-vintage-1967-sebring-gt40-poster.317616/

That and the fact that he said I was getting his last set and then just magically keeps get another set, just does not add up. And another told me he had been doing this for years. 300 bucks here and there in between legit business adds up after a few years.

RichM1983

Established Member
Those mats are in perfect shape. How did he find them to apply the fake stickers? Also damn did you really throw them in the trash? I would like to have just the plain mat. If you still have them I'd be interested in them.

mattmynhier

Established Member
yea i trashed them. They weren't in perfect shape. They smelt like cat piss and the carpeting was pulling off the sides. Actually, caught my cat outside in the garage sniffing around them when I was waiting on Ebay to tell me what to do with them.
But, even though he sold me his last set, you can still pick up another set from him as he already has another set for sell.

Zemedici

Established Member
and this one is his crazy description about why I am wrong about them being counterfeit

Best part is all his terms are wrong. Only parts that are CAST (i.e. Engines / heads / etc) have casting numbers. The parts have Engineering numbers. Never met a wannabe parts guy before. First time for everything I guess

mattmynhier

Established Member
Here is another way I know he is scamming.

"I sent you what I show in the auction, the set of mats we have, You can think what you want, I bought these from FORD, I have bought and sold over 25 different styles and over 200 total sets of mats."

This is a direct quote from his email. He said he bought these from FORD. Well we all know that's a lie. FORD has never sold those.

bigdog8b

Established Member
Man, I just bought a set of these. What makes these true counterfeits? Is it the fact of the patch not sown in? The markings on the back look legitimate, but guess anything can be made to look like the originals. Says Ford too. They look nice and do match the carpet color exactly. The cobra is at least facing the right way on my set. I almost bought a set from a Svt member and they look identical to these, not embroidered, and he swears those are the real deal and was asking more money, but maybe those are fakes too and he doesn't know it. Help me here?

Zemedici

Established Member
Man, I just bought a set of these. What makes these true counterfeits? Is it the fact of the patch not sown in? The markings on the back look legitimate, but guess anything can be made to look like the originals. Says Ford too. They look nice and do match the carpet color exactly. The cobra is at least facing the right way on my set. I almost bought a set from a Svt member and they look identical to these, not embroidered, and he swears those are the real deal and was asking more money, but maybe those are fakes too and he doesn't know it. Help me here?

Which part are you questioning? Just because it has a ford part number on it does not mean it's the CORRECT ford part number, or it could be someone else's picture of the correct part #, just not his mats. You guys gotta do your research thoroughly if you're not well versed in this stuff, when purchasing over the Internet.

mattmynhier

Established Member
oh man, i hope you can send them back man and get your money. I have a set of the real ones and you cannot peel the decal off. The number "XR3Z-6313086" is really on the back of the genuine ones.
The genuine Cobra logo ones DO NOT have part number #YR33-6313010-A on them. That is the part number for the STD cobra mats without the logo that come in the car new from the dealer. Also, the shape of the mats is a give away. The cobra logo mat "XR3Z-6313086" looks like the pic included.

Attachments

• Mats-XR3Z-6313086-DAB.jpeg
    Mats-XR3Z-6313086-DAB.jpeg
    376.4 KB · Views: 280

mattmynhier

Established Member
You and I bought these (YR33-6313010-A) with a cheap cobra patch glued on.
Not "XR3Z-6313086" like we thought we were and his listing stated.
Damn I am sorry you got taken too.

Attachments

• Mats_OEM.jpeg
    Mats_OEM.jpeg
    346.8 KB · Views: 176

bigdog8b

Established Member
Guess I have the STD mats as it has the YR33 part number on the back. I did notice the shape being different, but thought what I was getting was correct, since the other member sent me a pic and it was identical to these. Are these legit STD mats with just an add on or fake mats all around? Tks for the help guys.

mattmynhier

Established Member
they are std mats with a sticker on them.
not part number XR3Z-6313086 like the listing says.
dude file a claim and get your money back. this is ridiculous

04SteedaCompO

I notice that this guy has sold over 151K car parts, literature, keychains, etc. All that I checked looked legit. Except those mats. I wonder where he gets the parts that he sells. Is it possible he bought those mats (he sold a tan one recently, too, that looks to be the same logo deal) believing they're genuine? Maybe he really believes they're authentic? Just wondering out loud.
I've purchased from him in the past. I live in NY, he's in NJ. Took 3 weeks to get my items, and I had the same issues, decals/logos were glued on. Packing up the items and sending them back would cost more money then they were worth. I took a loss and just tossed everything in the trash

SJ SNAKE

Venomous
Established Member
Wow, glad I saw this thread OP. I messaged him a while ago in regards to the Cobra Floor Mats and his reply was as follows:

"Jay ;
my shop number is 609 44816 84 mon-fri 930 600 eastern time you can call me there we can discuss .
thanks
john"

His Ebay Username was Munson6566. I had the feeling that something wasn't right therefore I never contacted him. On another note, he told you his name was George and in the message he sent me, he states "John." Not sure if he uses another Alias or has a partner in his business. Nonetheless, appreciate your concern to inform the SVT/Cobra Members on here to prevent others from receiving counterfeit items with their hard earned cash.

KoBra_98

TT04 98KoBra 70Boss302
Established Member
you are right, that must be the same guy, but at least his mats have the cobra facing the correct direction. and he has 7 sets left? glad you posted this OP hard to tell how many would have gotten taken by these frauds.

mattmynhier

Established Member
It's funny how he has 7 sets left. He told me the set I bought and threw in the trash was the last set he had. Also, he told me that he bought them from Ford in an earlier email and that he bought them "specifically as spares for his car." He's a thief that has probably made thousands and thousands of dollars off this scam over the years. 600 bucks just off two SVTP members (bigdog and me) in the last few days. And look how many of us had them in our watch list. Had I not had a set of the real ones I wouldn't have had known either. I gotta pay more attention. I trust people too much. Always been an issue with me and have been burnt in the past a few times.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 167

Users who are viewing this thread