Polished Catback: Is it worth the effort?

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
it does look amazing!!! but it took me over 10 hours to remove, and polish the catback! i have done this to 3 setups so far.. 2 for me, since i switched catbacks, then one for a friend.. it is alot of work! plus you will have to keep it polished up a few times a year to keep it looking good! the better you sand/polish it the better it will look... this is the only mod i miss from my IRS..

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
Hell yeah it's worth it! I get compliments all of the time. I bought mine used a few years ago and it had tar and crap all over it but it polished up great! Worked on it severl hours a night for about a week. Once it's polished, it's easy to maintain too...more so for a non DD I'm sure.

mach1033

Established Member
Yes it is. Just be patient when doing the job. It will take you a full weekend to so the tails, mufflers and tips.

Jroc

Established Member
You will be dirty as shit.

I guess if you want your car to look it's best then it's worth it though.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Yes, I bought my car 5 years ago, living in Hawaii they where already stained. Looks 10 times better even though i got no where near the shine of 04sleeper.

sabotage

corn fed!!!!!!
Established Member
I polished mine less than 2 months ago and it looks semi polished my advice is if your car sleeps inside the garage YES do it , if it sleeps outside like mine hhhmmm do it anyways but only enjoy for 2-3 weeks lol
BUT THIS IS WHAT MINE LOOKED LIKE LOL
photobucket-486-1341420157523.jpg

Last edited:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I did it on my last car. It looks great, but my car was a DD and it was never as clean as the first time. Needless to say, I won't be doing it to this car.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Well worth it. Save yourself a lot of time and just do what is visible from behind. IMO, no reason to do the mufflers, flow tubes, or front facing sides of the pipes as it will never be seen by most. I did mine on the car which also saved a lot of time.

Not sure why some of you say it will only be clean a few weeks? I daily drove mine 14k miles one year and it looked great. Each time I washed the car I would wipe them down when I was wiping down the tank, and once a month would spend a few minutes with some mothers polish.

26804304089_large.jpg

IA Shelby

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback. This seems like a good "football season" project while having the games on in the background in the garage.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Pull em off before you store it for winter, do it in your free time then.

big dad

Established Member
I'm currently finishing up my exhaust. I have polished everything up to and including the cats. Yes it's alot of work, and you will be stiff for a few days.

Won't know for awhile if the cats will turn blue again.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Only did what's visible, took 8 hours, doesn't look chromed like others (not my bag), but worth EVERY minute spent. HID's light it up like a christmas tree from behind. IMO the exhaust Snaking the tank is a trademark of the Terminator and the mod. inhances it nicely!

Have some!

Rearw-NT05R.gif

RearrtBBS.gif

Users who are viewing this thread