• NO, that would suck.

Votes: 372 67.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
If only they would make a front splitter like the Cobra R's for the 03 bumper. That would be great. Then we would not have to go out and buy the whole front fascia.

Dewalt03Cobra

NASCAR Fanatic
Established Member
Re: Re: Added traction is always a GOOD THING

Originally posted by olchakla
I have driven my car up to 160 and it feels real stable and runs great on the road track courses.
The fastest I've gone so far is just over 150, and like you said "it feels real stable". Without the wing on imperfect roads, I got to tell ya, it can get very scarey very fast. You didn't miss anything by not getting the stock spoiler. It amazes me that they even put the stock spoiler on. It is a very fast car, and this spoiler serves no purpose other then to add weight to the rear end. Why design a car this powerful and fast, and not put "ALL" the bodyparts currently available in the Ford inventory to make it stick to the road. With a few small changes (a wing, and 315/35ZR-17 Goodyear GSD3's in the back), my car went from Good handling, to great handling.

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
The car belongs to a guy who goes by roushraven on Stangnet. He posted these pics when someone over there was asking about side exhaust. He also has a yellow 03 vert. Must be nice.

Thank you, I know and accept that others do not have the same tastes as I have but that's what makes this world beautiful. Here are some more:

roushcobra03

Established Member
I love the R wing, but i went with the saleen s281 instead. looks great but you hear it move when you hit a bump. I think it is great to personalize your car. I have roush side exhaust s281 wing saleen side scoops and syling bar, it just sets you apart from the rest of the group

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Hey Arthur I gots to say I love it. The car is bad ass like I posted before. I was really close to doing the roush sidepipes/stage 3 front end on my car with my wing and hood. I was really happy with the way my car looked untill I saw your car then I started to question myself. I think the R wing fits better on your car than any other I have seen.:beer: :beer: :beer:

DimMaK

Banned
I actually have 2 cobra R spoilers on my car. One on top of the other. Gives me extra weight in the back of the car as well so my tires hook better. With the one, I found people trying to sit on my car. Don't really know what they were thinking but now with 2 spoliers they can't get up that high.

DimMaK

Banned
Re: Added traction is always a GOOD THING

Originally posted by Dewalt03Cobra
At 120+ MPH the 2000 R Wing makes a big performance differance on winding country roads. The rear end doesn't kick out near as far or as often on these types of bumpy roads. I have had my car for a little over a year and I like going fast, but the stock configuration was far to squirrely on the bumpy roads by me. After three months of sliding around I got the wing. But if your just going to open it up on big, smooth, open highways, where the extra down force isn't needed, don't throw your money away.

At those speeds I would think the rear end of the car would lift off a bit. Maybe put the cobra R spoiler on the front of the car too. Then you can get airborne. That would be a blast.

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
Nice pics RoushRaven. The ones I put up of your car have been taken down since the recent server cleanup. Looks awesome!

Dewalt03Cobra

NASCAR Fanatic
Established Member
Re: Re: Added traction is always a GOOD THING

Originally posted by DimMaK
At those speeds I would think the rear end of the car would lift off a bit.
Car Wings don't work that way. They are basically the shape of upside down Airplane Wings. Where as an airplane wing lifts up, the wing on a car pushes down. The faster you go, the harder it pushes down.

This also causes more aerodynamic drag and slows the car down. So more horsepower is needed to go the same speed. But it's much more controlable at higher speeds.

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
Wait a second, you guys are saying that putting r parts on a non r is wrong and for a performance purpose only, then why the f*ck does anyone anyone even put things like saleen wing or body kit on a cobra or gt or whatever its a mustang made part let it be on any mustang car. I dont know why the 00 r is always the biggest topic of controversy when it comes to using its parts on our cars. Its only a 300 production car so its barely a car and the parts they made for it are very nice anytime i see the r wing on a stang or hood i think its bad as hell and me i have the wing on my 99 red cobra and the r chrome rims. Call me a r wannabe, but i would have done it anyways if my car was black purple ect. the reason i bought it is i did not like the stock wing and needed something more sporty. You guys really need to think about what you are actually saying. saleen roush r parts who cares they all look good. get your head out of your ass for all u negative people.

Dewalt03Cobra

NASCAR Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by bobbystang
Wait a second, you guys are saying that putting r parts on a non r is wrong and for a performance purpose only

Absolutely Not!!! I have the 2000 R wing on my 2003 Cobra and I think it's Awesome Looking. What I am saying is that it truely has a function too.

Just putting any wing on a your car doesn't mean it is doing anything to increase the performance, it could actually be decreasing it. Aerodynamics are very sensitive to small changes, and when it comes to the Mustang, the 2000 R wing is one of the very few that is designed, tested, and proven to work for this body style.

DimMaK

Banned
Originally posted by roushraven
Thank you, I know and accept that others do not have the same tastes as I have but that's what makes this world beautiful. Here are some more:

Please save us the agony of having to look at those pics on every mustang forum out there. Glad you are so proud of your car but enough is enough. I don't even browse the roush forums anymore cause of you. Everytime you take a new picture you make it a point to post it. There must be 1000 pictures of your car out there.
:bash:

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
KMA, I'll post in any relevant thread I choose to. If you don't like it don't look.

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
Originally posted by roushraven
KMA, I'll post in any relevant thread I choose to. If you don't like it don't look.

lol Do you have any more? I think its awesome. Mine would probably look like that if I was loaded. But I am not so the normal 03 cobra body style with have to do for now.

-Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread