• NO, that would suck.

Votes: 372 67.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wightmn

Established Member
Roushraven,

That combo looks awesome. I didn't know Roush was modding Cobras. The bumper compliments the hood & wing. What did they do to the motor/suspension?

LEW

coleman

Established Member
i want one too, but even ford dealership said that it would be cost prohibitive :cryying:

where should i go to get a 2000 R wing painted & installed around DFW for a reasonable cost?

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
Thanks guys, Coleman I don't have any experience in the DFW area but mine was painted by the Ford dealership here in San Angelo. I installed it myself.

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
I wonder why Roush used the GT rear bumper on their 03 (or is it a 01 snake bumber cover)? I really like the car, but I would rather see the 03 Cobra bumper cover. I would be afraid of having people think I was a fake snake.

Great looking Roush though!

rb185afm

Established Member
I believe Rpush uses the a different bumper than the Cobra since they use there side exhaust. It might look a little wierd if you had holes for tips in the back that were empty. But I could be wrong.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Originally posted by rb185afm
I believe Rpush uses the a different bumper than the Cobra since they use there side exhaust. It might look a little wierd if you had holes for tips in the back that were empty. But I could be wrong.

The 2 side pieces cover the exhaust cutouts......

Cobra Dude

Established Member
When it your car, do whatever you want to please yourself. Everyone has a choice of what color, or style suit they want to wear. Do not put down anyone's choice on how they want to dress their car. Being free to make choices is what makes this county great.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Hey guys. I just picked up a R wing.

If I buy a new decklid, can I install the LED
3rd brakelight that the spoiler delte Cobras have?

Id rather not try and patch 6 holes and have them look odd over time..

slth69

Established Member
Originally posted by 03 DSG Snake
Hey guys. I just picked up a R wing.

If I buy a new decklid, can I install the LED
3rd brakelight that the spoiler delte Cobras have?

Id rather not try and patch 6 holes and have them look odd over time..

As far as the third brakelight just go into ford parts and ask for it, only cost like $80 brand new. It should bolt right in to the new decklid however you will have to modify the wiring harness just a bit. It was only 2 wires so it was no biggy, just telling ya so ya know.

Good luck and great choice in spoiler. Enjoy 150mph and up - it really holds well.

F1Cobra

Established Member
I can tell you from personal experience that the addition of an R splitter up front has made the car rock solid at 120+ mph. I have an s281 wing in the back to balance things out. It is a night and day difference.

f1punisher.jpg

f1pun3.jpg

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Originally posted by F1Cobra
I can tell you from personal experience that the addition of an R splitter up front has made the car rock solid at 120+ mph. I have an s281 wing in the back to balance things out. It is a night and day difference.

f1punisher.jpg

f1pun3.jpg

I have always liked your car...its super evil looking!!:beer:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Originally posted by F1Cobra

Why not put an R spoiler on it and be a real man?:D :D :D :D Whad up SJ

dkd58

Established Member
As the starter of this thread, I would like to thank all of you for posting your opinions. I'd like to take a shot at summarizing the responses and drawing some conclusions. Some have said they like it or don't - pure aesthetics. That's cool, completely subjective. I am into that, how do people like the idea. Second, what about actual drivability issues,... Truth is, most of us don't drive fast enough and/or often enough, (at high speeds, anyway), for a spoiler to make a damn bit of difference. Doesn't matter on the quarter mile for sure. So what else is there? Open road racing is what I'm talkin' bout homeys! http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70151 But even at that, unless your goin' over a buck and a half, what difference does it really make? Okay, so I think it's safe to say, most of us are really talkin' bout looks. Most Stang owners are into classic American muscle w/o BS ricer add-ons. But this IS an authentic Cobra racing part that we're talkin' about, RIGHT? BTW, I love those pics of the Sonic coupe w/R spoiler, I'm definitely gonna go for it. :rockon: Thanks again for your 2 cents everybody and happy holidays! God bless our military and F##k the terrorists!

Last edited:

jwfisher

Banned
dkd58 - glad you clarified your interest for the R rear spoiler - there's nothing worse than a poseur.

A few years ago, I did an Open Road race (and won my class) in my '99 Cobra. 120 MPH. I've got some very similar video to yours... although it's a lot longer and includes some practice blasts past 150. The course itself was ~59 miles long... and we were suppossed to do it twice. The second run was cancelled due to an unfortunate fatality. Pics of the event are on my site, although I don't have any significant video there.

I assume you've seen the site of the 200 MPH Cobra at one of these events in Nevada? It'll take a lot of bandwidth to download - it's huge - but it's got a really incredible soundtrack (supercharged 4-valve 4.6 at speed!!).

I've been itching to do another Open Road event soon... hence my interest in the R spoilers. However, I spend most of my time in Open Track events... where the R spoilers woulnd't be a 1st-order requirement... but would be nice to have eventually as speeds pick up. But, there are too many other far more serious problems to solve first before tuning the aerodynamics.

On my site is a pic of my current '03 Cobra with a borrowed (and original) 2000 R front spoiler held up to it... you can see from the pic that the fit is very very close - and could easily be made to work with some very minor cutting on the R spoiler (no mods to the car itself, except for the R mounts underneath and a couple of holes for the fasteners). There are also (as of tonight) several other pics covering the possible fitment.

But, there are other problems. Any R owner who seriously tracks their car will tell you that reinforcement is needed of the entire front fascia - Ford's job there was woefully poor. All of the mounts for the spoiler need reinforcing; indeed the entire spoiler itself needs reinforcing.

Worse than that, the *real* original spoilers aren't available anymore and never were. Ford claims the one in the catalog is "made from the original molds", but it's thinner & cheaper, and is much less strong. It would need a lot of reinforcement.

Also, there is a company that offers a molded fiberglass front spoiler (Mach 1 style, and attaches the same way), except that it isn't as quickly removable as the R spoiler would be. The R spoiler would be impossible to drive on the street; it has to be removed for all "civilian" driving. And, I think the balance of the front to rear spoilers is probably optimal with the R pieces, far less so with most other aftermarket spoilers (nearly all of which are for posing). So, you'd have to have both front and rear R spoilers.

Last edited:

akaeric

Established Member
Its not for me I think it looks out of place maybe on a road course. I agree with the front all though from having a 300 zx tt the lower the front you will have to remmber the parking curves.

akaeric

Established Member
VenomousSVT
I assume thats Saleen body kit how does those side vents come off are they bolted and and the rocker panels do they mount using the hole that are allready there and who makes the front bottom skirt. Why I ask is I started with saleen wheels and am looking at some of there body kit parts I don't want the rear skirt but I like the rear side vents if thats what you call them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread