• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Originally posted by akaeric
VenomousSVT
I assume thats Saleen body kit how does those side vents come off are they bolted and and the rocker panels do they mount using the hole that are allready there and who makes the front bottom skirt. Why I ask is I started with saleen wheels and am looking at some of there body kit parts I don't want the rear skirt but I like the rear side vents if thats what you call them ?

Actually there is nothing saleen on my car...the wheels are 18" afs 03 cobra wheels. the hood is a cobra r hood. The nose is stock with the cobra r splitter bolted on. The side scoops are from an 03 cobra. Stock sideskirts(for now), and stock rear bumper for now. The sidescoops just pull off by the way, they are held on by plactic push clips.

edit* The wing is by steeda

jwfisher

Banned
Originally posted by akaeric
I like the rear side vents if thats what you call them ?

This is exactly what I'm talking about, and Saleen is one of the worst examples out there. Vents/scoops/spoilers that don't do anything functional and never will.

The side skirts aren't the worst example on the Saleen, but the tiny scoop in the trailing edge of it is utterly pointless - even if you could make it functional it's too small and in the wrong place - and would suck up only dirt, stones, and tire debris.

Don't even get me started on the worst example of the car - the side scoops. Absolutely absurd... I wonder why the heck anybody would ever want to mount those on their cars. A need for attention?

Saleens thru '98 were conservative in their styling... everything was reasonably in the vein of "form follows function". Now it's "form leads function". And the suspension is nothing special at all... they don't even do anything to locate the out-dated solid axle. I just can't see much point in anything Saleen these days.

And I'm especially glad that Ford has left off all the pointless Vents/scoops/spoilers from the new '05. Let's hope they keep it that way...

Last edited:

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Originally posted by J69gordon
even if this happens too??

make sure you post up after your car is finished...I am looking forward to seeing a cobra with no side scoops!!:beer: :beer:

SVT 03 Cobra

oh I will post pics when it is done in like 3 weeks.... everything will be shaved... new front end... new hood......no 3rd brake light....no locks, side scoops, ect.... o'yea...ghost flames too..

Jayson

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Originally posted by J69gordon
oh I will post pics when it is done in like 3 weeks.... everything will be shaved... new front end... new hood......no 3rd brake light....no locks, side scoops, ect.... o'yea...ghost flames too..

Jayson

I'm guessing youre going with the 00R hood and front end, or what setup?

SVT 03 Cobra

No sir, no 00R hood, or front end... you will have to wait and see.... it will be a one of a kind, I don't want to spoil it all

Jayson

speeddemon2000

Established Member
Steeda makes the front splitters for the 03 cobra. BTW if you think you might at some point drive 160+ Then you need the 00R wing and splitter. Not looking ricey is not going to help much when you are air born at 160+.

0304CobraSplitterLG.jpg

Last edited:

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
i didnt kno that they made the splitter for the terminator

jonas

Established Member
If I ever decided on a spoiler, Id get the steeda
I think a steeda chin and wing would look pretty clean on a sonic blue cobra

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Jonas....same sonic blue thoughts here. I'm gonna look in the pick a part lots for a trunk lid from a V6 Stang so I can get a clean lid with 3rd light in the middle, have my shop install wing then paint and install whole lash up. Also looking at that Steeda front end....I'm so freakin low now I might need a warning devise or camera for the front.
Some American Iron drivers have gone to the splitter and wing...for a reason. 150+ on the straights gets freakin light. Need that down draft. P**** the ricer concern. I use to wear pink T shirts to p**** with people back when I was competing in the Mr. Universe. I got away with it without question! Real men are not fragile about what other dudes think. Besides...do R's look ricew?

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Found my V6 trunk lid with all the hardware for $200 in Pick a Part junk yard and being painted tonight with R wing. Also painting the black lower facia around tail pipes. All emblems comming off. Pics by the weekend. With my smoked tail lights....should be functional and capital B Bling.

I'm trying to get a removeable (DZUS fasteners) splitter made up. Got several folks looking into it. Can not afford to tear off the Steeda with my coil/overed car.

I used black Kiwi Scuff Cote around the gray grill and fog/brake cooling port areas. That Cobra emblem looks like it's hanging in mid air instead of that cheap ass gray plastic. Bu Bu Bu Bling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread